Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, perhaps you could teach me a thing or two about wine while I show you to other booze. You certainly are lectured in it, I mean, you could tell the difference between wines by the age of seven! I still have trouble with that.

When I was underage, it was often the same thing at restaurants. There would be a bottle of wine at the table being shared, and I'd get some, or drink half of dad's beer, whatever. This seems to be the same deal in Europe, which doesn't have the youth binging problems of America.

And yeah, my first drunken episode was before I was at Kindergarten. Always a funny little anecdote to tell. I think I turned out alright, despite it. :wink:

Interestingly, my brother (and to some extent, I do) recalls seeing me drinking what appeared to be coke, asked me how it was, to which I replied "It's port! Not coke!". This seems to be like before or around Primary school. My first completely-smashed experience as a teenager also involved port. It always comes back to haunt me!

Still like it, though.

Last edited:
Alright folks, I'm out, I should've been asleep 1-2 hours ago. It's been a great night though. Hope you lot make it to a new thread before I get up! :wave:

The Sad Punk said:
Heh, perhaps you could teach me a thing or two about wine while I show you to other booze. You certainly are lectured in it, I mean, you could tell the difference between wines by the age of seven! I still have trouble with that.

I can do my best, but I don't promise much! I haven't had much wine in the last few years, so my palette's not as good as it once was, and I was raised on Kiwi rather than Aussie wines.

And yeah, my first drunken episode was before I was at Kindergarten. Always a funny little anecdote to tell. I think I turned out alright, despite it all. :wink:

:lol: Nah, you're posting here. It clearly ruined you for life. :wink:

Anyway, this time, I'm seriously gone. Goodnight! :wave:

I'll just whore out a bit by posting some of my favourite works of art.

Laokoon group
Agesander, Athenodoros and Polydoros
circa 100BC
570px-Laocoon_Pio-Clementino_Inv1059-1064-1067.jpg

Holy shit, this is better than basically anything that came after it.

The Last Judgment
Michelangelo
1534-1541
476px-Lastjudgement.jpg

I can't put it into words, really. I guess it's probably my favourite piece of art of all time. That Jesus appears more like a Hellenic god is no coincidence - Michelangelo based the Lord off a sketch of Helios he had made earlier.

So I can't find any images of my favourite Jeffery Smart paintings online.

When Google can't do something, it's like being tied down and watching your dad get beat up.

Chigi Vase
Proto-Corinthian
approx 650BC
chigi_phalanx.jpg

This was the first depiction of the Greek-style phalanx, and is also invaluable as a source of hoplite gear during the mid-Archaic era. But that's the nerd in me speaking. The other part of me thinks this is just a damn good piece of art.

i just slept a lot more.

now i need to decide if i have time to go at 2:30 to set up so i can see michelle obama talk tonight. 5 hours is a lot of time, but i guess i really need to volunteer for obama at some point and this is a way to do so and see Michelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom