Vocalists that have improved over time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'm gonna say Bono, at least up to Achtung Baby and Zooropa, had a steadily improving voice. Now it's still really great, but I don't see it getting better.

Next up, I'm gonna say Daniel Johns from Silverchair. Anybody who still thinks they're a second-rate grunge band seriously needs to hear Diorama. I absolutely love his vocals. Not to mention it's the first Silverchair album that doesn't make me want to go sit in a dark corner. A looong way from the days of Frogstomp, in every way.

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

Shirley Manson. Even though her voice has I guess improved, I prefer the rough pre-cherry lips Shirley.

I agree with Daniel Johns too. He's messing himself up so much now. I dont know how much longer they will be around. A shame really cos Frogstomp was amazing, considering their ages then. And they have only gotten better, especially his songwriting.

Daniel Johns has definately learnt how to sing in recent years.

Bono's voice has changed so much over the years. From the early days of Boy and stuff especially. I read somewhere that BB King taught him how to use his voice properly and how not to strain it. Since then, he really doesnt have the voice problems he used to on tour.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Lemon most of it is not choice I know, but I just think he will be in big trouble one day. He's on antidepressants for his fear of being out in public, he's a strict Vegan which I dont believe can be healthy for him considering his other health problems, he's had anorexia, he now has arthritis, he suffers from asthma, he has a stomach ulcer.
I saw an interview with him the other day, and he looks closer to death than life.

I dunno. He looks to be wasting away. I hope not, but thats what I was referring to.

Damn. Why is it that some of the best musicians are always really troubled?

All I knew about was the Veganism and Anorexia. Veganism I don't really see as a problem, but the boy does need to put on some weight.

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

bonos voice has gotten worse since the eighties. believe it or not, not only will smoking kill you one way or the other, it will also effect your voice. talk to any old french whore.

no need to kiss ass here, just the facts.

------------------
-deathbear

Bono's voice got much, much weaker, but not his actual singing as in phrasing and knowing how to use whatever voice you've got to a great effect. In that respect, he never stopped on improving IMO.

I'd say that Anthony Kiedis improved a lot as a vocalist; one review of Californication described his vocals as "Anthony Kiedis who can actually sing". I love RHCP but my God there was some embarrassing dodgy singing on quite a lot of their older songs.

Originally posted by Ana:
Madonna

Ana! Just the person!

I too agree on this, but mum pointed it out, saying age..........has improved her voice......but hers what I ask!

Long time ago, wouldn't Madonna have had the ability to sing like this (talking early 80s True Blue album etc) but instead chose to sing in a 'put-on little innocent girly' voice?
Its just what I tink, I reckon shes had the strength all along, only from the 90s did she learn to stop singing in a high voice of 'put-on'............

ya know?

That guy from Blink 182, the one who sings. I don't know his name, but he used to really suck at live performances. He sounds pretty good now.

And, Madonna. Her voice sounded best right after she did Evita, but I personally like her voice now. It's better then when she was young, but it's not perfect. I don't like Celine Dion perfect voices.

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Ach Madonnas Child, me was just tinkin about u there, wonderin how u were and *poof* u appeared........
biggrin.gif

must be all the talk of Madonna!!!!!!

PS - I found it hard watching Evita the first time..................Madonna really fought for that role, didnt she like........

Originally posted by mad1:
Ach Madonnas Child, me was just tinkin about u there, wonderin how u were and *poof* u appeared........
biggrin.gif

must be all the talk of Madonna!!!!!!

PS - I found it hard watching Evita the first time..................Madonna really fought for that role, didnt she like........
I have Madonna radar. I always know when someone is talking about her.
biggrin.gif
And at my Madonna forum, I always go crazy over U2 related threads. I have to force myself to stop posting in them!

<---loser
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Yeah, Madonna fought hard for that role in Evita. I personally don't really care for any of her movies, but her voice was very strong in Evita.

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Back
Top Bottom