Video for Falling To Pieces (Velvet Revolver)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
Has anyone seen this video from Velvet Revolver? It's the new band with Scott Weiland from STP, and Slash and whatnot. The song is really good but my god, what a powerful video....very autobiographical on Weiland's part.

starsgoblue said:

the acting by the band members...auch, it's all just embarassing to watch.

it's a shame, cause though i never liked guns and roses, i used to like stp. velvet revolver does nothing for me.

I don't like the song. To me, it's too formulaic.

As far as the video goes; I can see where you're coming from. It does have its artistic values I guess. I'm not all over the threesome kiss.

On a side note, this album isn't all that bad (not all good, either), but I think they need a real rocker for the next single:

"Do it for the Kids" :drool: or "Big Machine: :combust:

so not only is scott weiland a drug addict but he has to glorify that by acting it out in this video?
:down:

what a poo poo head.

btw, somebody better alert shaun vox about this video; he might want to see it.:wink:

I like the song but I think the video is a bit overly dramatic. It makes me laugh,which I'm sure isn't the desired intention :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i wouldn't quite call it glorifying being a drug addict... it actually makes the withdrawl process look quite painful and not very appealing

:yes:

I don't see it as glorification at all. I can imagine that must have been really difficult for Wieland to film...

Bono's American Wife said:
I like the song but I think the video is a bit overly dramatic. It makes me laugh,which I'm sure isn't the desired intention :wink:

I agree to a point, BAW but I find it sad because I just read a Blender article last night that gives him a lifespan of 47 because of his lifestyle. :ohmy: I don't know how old he is now, but that's a short life. I love the song and he has incredible talent and that's just a waste. :sigh: IMO of course.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i wouldn't quite call it glorifying being a drug addict... it actually makes the withdrawl process look quite painful and not very appealing

yeah, by being surrounded by super models and having hundreds of adoring fans screaming for you.
hey, I'm sure scott weiland knows more about the perils of drug addiction than I do; to each his own.
hope you can kick your demons scott.

If you didn't catch the video today, it will most likely be on VH1 758 times tomorrow...like it was TODAY!

C'mon VH1...mix it up goddamnit!

i dont' really care too much for velvet revolver but i do like this song. don't really care to much for the video though.

well, if this song can get played 758 time a day on VH1, I have high hopes for the eventual Vertigo video. Vertigo is a way better song.

and every song off of 'a ghost is born' is better than vertigo, and i doubt any wilco video was played on vh1.

noone cares what's good.

I like STP and I like GnR, but this video is very butt-rock.

And the song itself isn't bad, but my god the psuedo-drama reminds me of Bobby Dahl falling on the stage in a Poison video.

Scott Weiland is NOT a fan of Courtney's, so I seriously doubt that she would ever be in any videos of VR's. Go listen to "Too Cool Queenie" if you wanna get the digs on how he feels about her:

There was this girl
Who lived not too long ago
As a matter of fact I think
She lives still
She knew she could do no wrong
Just singin' those songs
That we all knew

She would always crash the party
It was no surprise
It was for her

Too Cool Queenie

There was this boy
He played in a rock-n-roll band
And he wasn't half-bad,
At saving the world
She said he could do no right
So he took his life
This story is true

It's ok cause what goes around, comes around
It's all right cause what goes around, comes around

And now this girl,
Yeah she got real famous
And she made lots of money and
Some of his too
But still she thinks she can do no wrong
Just playing those songs
She's all too cool

What Rock n' Roll conspiracy theory doth this sound like?

Last edited:
I bought Velvet Revolver, and have never made it through the whole disc.........it's mediocre at best. Don't get me wrong, it's got it's moments...just too few and far between...

I'll listen to "Purple" instead.....that's a great rock album!

I like the Velvet Revolver album. The first 6 or so songs are great, and from then on it's hit and miss. But it's got potential. Scott's songwriting seems to have stepped down a notch, though.

Back
Top Bottom