Victory Beach, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey again, cin. :wave:

I've been there at least two or three times... with field trips, and once I took one of my English relatives there. It's not the most spectacular place on earth, but the rocks are doing funky things there.

I think you've been lucky the weather hasn't been warmer, all things considered.

I've been looking for an excuse to go to Healsville...

I imagine it'll be much nicer down the track once the rejuvenation programme has made more progress. Mum had been there before, about four years ago, and felt the place looked much more like a park than it did before. In any case, it's great just how close it is to Melbourne.

Can't believe how amazing the temperature has been! I swear, I will be PISSED if it's still cool down here while I'm up in Queensland for Christmas.

Ooh, Mum and I made a trip out to the Yarra Valley on Monday, but didn't make it to Healesville. I'd certainly like to go back out that way. What do you want to see there? We only got as far as Yarra Glen - where I found a ghost railway and Mum found an orchard selling fresh cherries.

I like that my hair is apparently a beacon for people to spot me. U-Wen spied us after the gig too. :laugh:

:lol: I saw your halo from afar. Then you stared at me like you had no idea who I was. . . . :reject:

was he in the common folks standing area too?

No, I stared at you like I'm blind and trying to make out who it is in dim light. :lol:

(I've had arsehole friends who've played games to see just how close they need to get to me before I realise it's them. Let's just say the conclusion is "embarrassingly close".)

Yeah, I think he said he was up the back of the standing area.

No, I stared at you like I'm blind and trying to make out who it is in dim light. :lol:

(I've had arsehole friends who've played games to see just how close they need to get to me before I realise it's them. Let's just say the conclusion is "embarrassingly close".)

Yeah, I think he said he was up the back of the standing area.

:lol: I forgot about the dim light thing :doh:
That means you couldn't see the freaky stone/polystyrene statues everywhere. It was like some strange Dr Who episode

:love: I knew you'd like that.

You seen the new comic? Howaayver.

There's just something SO funny about the idea of doing that :lol:

I have now. You have turned into my comic alert system XD. I don't know if anything in that one tops: JU WANN' SOME MOCHA MOCHA? JU WANN' SOME MOCHA, CHICA?!

:lol: I forgot about the dim light thing :doh:
That means you couldn't see the freaky stone/polystyrene statues everywhere. It was like some strange Dr Who episode

I think someone - Ali? - mentioned them and I could see there were statues of some description along the walls that were backlit in different coloured lighting (that's what you mean, right?), but I couldn't tell you anything more than that. It was more the different colour than the statues that I could see.

There's just something SO funny about the idea of doing that :lol:

I have now. You have turned into my comic alert system XD. I don't know if anything in that one tops: JU WANN' SOME MOCHA MOCHA? JU WANN' SOME MOCHA, CHICA?!

I vaguely remember kids at school doing stuff like that on computers in the late 90s, so yeah, that comic is one of my favourites.

I like the last few pretty equally, anything with Vlad is awesome. And I like the way things are going.

I vaguely remember kids at school doing stuff like that on computers in the late 90s, so yeah, that comic is one of my favourites.

I like the last few pretty equally, anything with Vlad is awesome. And I like the way things are going.

That is so great. I probably did something like that myself, and am blocking it from my memory :lol:

Vlad has been a nice turnaround for sure, I just wish he would update a little more, it's hard to really enjoy something like a comic when it's SO stretched out like this

:ohmy:
although I'd only listened to it a handful of times until the re-master. I quite like it now

The first time I ever heard it was the remaster. I owned it on cassette, but I listened to like two tracks, and I just thought I Fall Down was so bad, and the tape was making me fall asleep (I was driving home from Texas) and I wanted it to be this special moment when I heard it while driving crossed country, so I got so pissed off at the tape that I took it out and threw it across the car :reject: :lol:

I liked it in full though.

Time for your fourth listen to an album better than anything U2 have released in over 20 years.

:p. There is room in my heart for at least three of the albums you are bashing

Can't believe how amazing the temperature has been! I swear, I will be PISSED if it's still cool down here while I'm up in Queensland for Christmas.
That's the second time I've seen you use "pissed" in the US way... what, are you going to get drunk? Any excuse for drunkposting, I guess... :wink:

Ooh, Mum and I made a trip out to the Yarra Valley on Monday, but didn't make it to Healesville. I'd certainly like to go back out that way. What do you want to see there? We only got as far as Yarra Glen - where I found a ghost railway and Mum found an orchard selling fresh cherries.

The Healsville sanctuary, mostly, although I don't know what else is out there. I need to see more of this area too.

I love how we get impatient over things taking a WHOLE MINUTE in the microwave... what would we do if we had to wait an hour for an oven to heat up or something... :lol:

I know :lol: I'm just waiting for the space age when I get to stick something in there for a SECOND :drool: :fat:

:lol: I saw your halo from afar. Then you stared at me like you had no idea who I was. . . . :reject:

was he in the common folks standing area too?

He probably couldn't recognise you at that distance... although it took me a moment for the face to click :reject: Then I was yelling "It's Cin!" at him, cos I forgot your name. :lol: ... :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom