Victory Beach, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOD. The following was just HEADLINE NEWS on Channel 9. Two 9 year old kids hopped off at South Yarra, but before their mother and younger siblings were able to get off, the doors closed and the train continued express to Malvern; the mother contacted the driver via the emergency button, and he refused to stop at any of the stations in between.

Oh noez. How dare the driver stick to his timetable and drop her at Malvern, where there are stacks more trains for her to catch and get back to South Yarra quicker. And why the hell should he stop anyway? So they were too slow in getting off the train. It's not THAT hard to do promptly. God. You fools. You got what you deserved. Let's not have a sensationalist media dust-up over this non-story.

See you, Reggo. :wave:

You see the error of your ways, then.

But I'm still going to keep taxing and spending. I just want to destroy the hard work of people who've spent their lives amassing an obscene fortune at the expense of everyone else.

Well, fuck me. I completely forgot the password for one of the Fake List myspaces I made. Now half of them are going to have the exact same join date.

MySpace clearly does not agree with LM breaking the rules.

Clearly.

I also came across a...umm...slight issue regarding the rules of DI. Myspace only allows 6 minute tracks. Are you allowed to use original album mixes of edits when the song is based on myspace? Good Lord, man. This is getting excruciating.

Clearly.

I also came across a...umm...slight issue regarding the rules of DI. Myspace only allows 6 minute tracks. Are you allowed to use original album mixes of edits when the song is based on myspace? Good Lord, man. This is getting excruciating.

You can only use what has been officially released. So upload the full track to Send Space or Media Fire or whatever, then announce the "official release" of the song in a blog entry or the bio or whatever, including the link so anybody can download it.

That would be good enough. I've seen real bands release songs and albums via MySpace that way before!

Clearly.

Could you use the myspace to link to a longer version of the song?

Edit: Like Ax said.

You can only use what has been officially released. So upload the full track to Send Space or Media Fire or whatever, then announce the "official release" of the song in a blog entry or the bio or whatever, including the link so anybody can download it.

That would be good enough. I've seen real bands release songs and albums via MySpace that way before!

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the suggestion. :up:

On a lighter note, I spent some time working out the shoegaze/post-rock parody, and found a guitar tone almost identical to the one Nick McCabe used on A Storm In Heaven. It's very nice. I should have that track done in a few days, since the lyrics will just be unintelligible gibberish.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the suggestion. :up:

On a lighter note, I spent some time working out the shoegaze/post-rock parody, and found a guitar tone almost identical to the one Nick McCabe used on A Storm In Heaven. It's very nice. I should have that track done in a few days, since the lyrics will just be unintelligible gibberish.

Oooh, awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing that.

EEN, how about that US Air Force plane that went down in San Diego?

OH MY GOD. The following was just HEADLINE NEWS on Channel 9. Two 9 year old kids hopped off at South Yarra, but before their mother and younger siblings were able to get off, the doors closed and the train continued express to Malvern; the mother contacted the driver via the emergency button, and he refused to stop at any of the stations in between.

Oh noez. How dare the driver stick to his timetable and drop her at Malvern, where there are stacks more trains for her to catch and get back to South Yarra quicker. And why the hell should he stop anyway? So they were too slow in getting off the train. It's not THAT hard to do promptly. God. You fools. You got what you deserved. Let's not have a sensationalist media dust-up over this non-story.

:lol:
stupid parents.

A lady lost her pram child at our local train station years ago. Because you would leave a small child unnattended on a platform while you faffed around inside. It's not like it's going to push itself under a train or anything :doh:

:lol:
stupid parents.

A lady lost her pram child at our local train station years ago. Because you would leave a small child unnattended on a platform while you faffed around inside. It's not like it's going to push itself under a train or anything :doh:

I'm surprised that's not a regular occurrence. I can just see some woman stepping off the train in North Geelong for a smoke and leaving her baby on the train, only for the train to pull away while she's puffing away with the baby still aboard.

The only thing more offensive than that remark is your odour.

Stop offending me, you awful man. I asked a man with worse odour and he finds your remarks deeply insulting. You should be creating positive emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom