vhs or beta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
has anyone else heard of this band? i just saw them yesterday and they were amazing. for anyone who hasn't heard of them, the best way to describe them is a cross between duran duran, new order, echo and the bunnymen, and the cure.

:up:

hmm...great bands all! I'll have to check into them.

KhanadaRhodes said:
they're in cincinnati, columbus, and cleveland this week. :wink:

Really? Where in Cincy? Do you know?

cincinnati music hall on the 26th. they're opening for duran duran.

i've looove to go see them, but i'll be out of town. grrr.

great band.

mads said:
cincinnati music hall on the 26th. they're opening for duran duran.

i've looove to go see them, but i'll be out of town. grrr.

great band.

hmmm.... :hmm:

meegannie said:
I like them. They're from Kentucky, aren't they? Who isn't these days! :tsk:
yeah. i couldn't believe someone from such a hick state could make music that didn't sound like the dueling banjos. :giggle:

i figured they were british until they started talking and said they were glad to be back in their hometown state (i had to drive to louisville - grr). i consider myself lucky, about half the concerts i've been to didn't have an opening act. the ones that do, all but one have been really good. (the only bad one was when i saw rage against the machine open for U2 - yuck.)

i actually bought their cd at the concert and it is pretty good. :up:

Oh I was just getting to get into a tirade of how the industry drove beta under to sell more tapes and machines (just as they did with vinyl and CDs and VHS and DVD) but since this isn't that topic after all, never mind!;) BTW never heard of this band :huh:

Anyone else think they sound a little too much like The Rapture?

That being said, I like 'Absolute Affirmation'. I think that's the one.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah. i couldn't believe someone from such a hick state could make music that didn't sound like the dueling banjos. :giggle:

i figured they were british until they started talking and said they were glad to be back in their hometown state (i had to drive to louisville - grr). i consider myself lucky, about half the concerts i've been to didn't have an opening act. the ones that do, all but one have been really good. (the only bad one was when i saw rage against the machine open for U2 - yuck.)

i actually bought their cd at the concert and it is pretty good. :up:
hah, try living here. kentucky sucks. a lot. :wink:

...but we have pretty horses. yes we do.

mads said:
hah, try living here. kentucky sucks. a lot. :wink:
having now seen louisville, it's better than it is here (memphis). i'm a downtown type gal and downtown louisville was infinitely better than downtown memphis is. plus, the malls :love: i went to st. matthews and oxmoor (don't know if there's more malls there) and loved them both. one big difference i noticed between the two cities is there's not gang members hanging around everywhere like they do in memphis (no i'm not being racist, gangs are a huge problem in memphis and the city will not admit it).

now i'm wishing i could put in a job transfer as where i work has a location in louisville :hmm:

u2popmofo said:
Anyone else think they sound a little too much like The Rapture?

That being said, I like 'Absolute Affirmation'. I think that's the one.

yes and Absolute Affirmation is not a Radio 4 song?

well, all that bands: The Rapture, !!!, Radio 4, VHS or Beta... etc. sounds almost the same (I enjoy them, of course)

^
Yep thats true I enjoy em all, but The Rapture own them imo, I've got a real big Sister Saviour fetish seeing it was the first song I heard by them, anyway VHS Or Beta are decent enough:wink:

Back
Top Bottom