"Vanilla Sky" is released on DVD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That movie is a mind f@ck. The only reason why I don't like films like that and Memento and other is because I always have to explain it to my friends, and they don't get it half the time and it starts to get me all pissed. I don't think it is that hard to get it IF you just pay attention. *sigh*

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-21-2002).]

i just bought the dvd on lunch
biggrin.gif

watchin' it tommorow nite.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
i just bought the dvd on lunch
biggrin.gif

watchin' it tommorow nite.

Can we get a review of the dvd??? I saw the movie and loved it...but I want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for on teh dvd. the sound/video etc etc.

Originally posted by Arun V:

Can we get a review of the dvd

i believe it is being screened in my living room tommorow nite(silly house mates have to see felicity tonite
icon25.gif
) but as soon as i watch it i'll go to press with a review
wink.gif

just watched it.

the movie is as good as you remember it. actually it's better than i remember it and i liked it a lot to begin with. i picked up a lot more clues and references this time around. very enjoyable film for myself.

there are two featurettes. one is a short documentary of the media world tour for the films international release. it shows cruise, cruz and crowe going to spain, japan and sydney i believe. basically a bit about all the hype and press surrounding the films release.

the second documentary is superior. it's called 'prelude to a dream' and is more or less a 10 to 15 minute commentary on the project moving from conception(in other words seeing the spanish version) to execution. crowe provides a very insightful voice over which gives some insight into what he perceives the movies position to be in the overall scheme of things.

there is also something called music on the dvd options but we didn't check that out yet.

for my money the dvd was worth it 'cause like only a handful of other stellar movies from the past few years(a couple of which involve either cruise or crowe), this one has a high view-again potential.

has anyone hear ever seen the spanish version? is vanilla sky a word for word remake?

------------------
This is Tiger the Lion
Gimme the Knuckles of Frisco
If there?s danger in the language, gentlemen,
I suggest no further use of the two-way radio.

My dad's seen the original and he says they're incredibly similar with very few deviations so he was kinda disappointed by vanilla sky since it didn't relly offer anything new.

Cool, thanks for the report, gotta wait for the darn Irish release though! And if you could, when you see it, what was the music option? Loved the soundtrack, a few vids would be sweet.

And on the Spanish version, like Skeek said, apparently they pretty exact, even with Penelope Cruz playin the same role. Well, this is what a friend of mine told me, she also said she prefered the Spanish version, but she would say that being Spanish and all
tongue.gif

the 'music' section includes the 'afrika shox' video from leftfield and an interveiw with paul mccartney that i didn't watch.

I bought the dvd yesterday.....I'm very happy with the purchase. thanks kobe..I can see that your a man of good taste

care to review the usual suspects dvd for me???

Originally posted by Arun V:

care to review the usual suspects dvd for me???

well i had the original release and i got the special edition the day it came out but haven't watched it yet...in time tho
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom