UYMFA - General content holding tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those genres sound fine and dandy, but I'd classify most into "World" music as I'd classify Indie Rock and Alt Rock into the bigger title of "Rock." It's a personal preference, but still, if you explore one genre heavily and its own diversities within, that's cool, but to claim that it'll be the most diverse thing ever is ludicrous and condescending.

Yes, but then we might confuse those indie guys with the shaggy bags and pretentious glasses with the alt guys that still wear flannel and chuck taylors, and then of course the dirtbags that are still wearing the same flannels from 1987 - before flannel was cool, because they were cool way before 1991, so fuck you if you don't like flannel. We can't have that. We don't label music, LMac, we label people. Hence, UYMFA.

Half of them aren't genres, they're locations.

My Chicago Post-Rock is better than your Seattle Grunge, bitch.

Yes, but then we might confuse those indie guys with the shaggy bags and pretentious glasses with the alt guys that still wear flannel and chuck taylors, and then of course the dirtbags that are still wearing the same flannels from 1987 - before flannel was cool, because they were cool way before 1991, so fuck you if you don't like flannel. We can't have that. We don't label music, LMac, we label people. Hence, UYMFA.

You're the James Joyce of Interference. :love:

Even though many of those genres he listed can be classified under World Music, I'm sure they're still very different from each other!

Even though many of those genres he listed can be classified under World Music, I'm sure they're still very different from each other!

I agree with you, but it's the same as any sub-genre being different from the next. It's not diverse as it is obscure, which is creative, apparently.

On my list, for example, I have rap, r&b, electronica, world, prog, jazz, folk, indie, punk, psychedelic, and alt rock. There are different genres represented, and I go into different sub-genres which do, in fact, sound different from one another. Am I going to say it's the most diverse thing ever? No, maybe for my lists, but that's because I try not to make the same list every time.

I can't fucking believe that thread's still going. Geez people. He did it. He's either a complete asshole for life, or he's human and he was having a bad day, depending on your view. What the hell is their to discuss, ad nauseum??

I understand the red FAN thing now, so that's good.

I worship everything the band does, to tell the truth.

Sorry, shows over.

Also.. I need to say that I like the general idea of this thread but we have to remember not to talk bad about other members in here or anywhere else for that matter. Dont forget, its not a private thread and any one of the 50,000 members here could be reading it.

Isn't the idea of the thread to rag on things we think are dumb and make fun of them? That implies some sort of vocal member dislike, right?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom