Ushuaia, Argentina Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it an autobiography?

Yes it is. :)

Wow, that sounds horrific - but not too surprising, women are treated horrifically in a lot of places and for someone like myself, who's been brought up to appreciate equality, it's just unbelievable.

See I'm Muslim and my upbringing and way of life and all are completely different than what these poor women have to endure... So this is all an eye opener for me too.

Yes it is. :)

See I'm Muslim and my upbringing and way of life and all are completely different than what these poor women have to endure... So this is all an eye opener for me too.

:yes: We should blame our wonderful families. But whenever I read or hear about shocking things like that I literally can't imagine it, it's just so far removed from everything I've ever experienced.

Wayne Wuvs Baby Doll :cute::heart:

And BDWW is Babydoll Wuvs Wayne. :yes:

It must be really interesting and heartbreaking to read then; autobiographies always come off as being more emotional

Yeah, esp. when it's just blatant unfairness. :( This is her btw:

tehminadurrani.jpg

Justin, Emma you two might like this

YouTube - Amanda Palmer Guitar Hero Dublin The Academy

Guitar Hero from last night

That's amazing... I'm literally dazzled by the amazingness of it! Looks like a good venue too.

I had to go into a bookstore and buy 2 copies of Cliff Richard's autobiograhy today :yuck:

Why do my aunt & mum like him :madwife:

Most embarrassing moment in my life :yikes:

Hahaha! That's almost embarrising as me in Zavvi the other day..

Me: Excuse me, do you have the best of Elizabeth Taylor boxset?
Man: No I don't think we have, who's it for? Mum? Gran?
Me: It's for me :|

CRINGE!

Hahaha! That's almost embarrising as me in Zavvi the other day..

Me: Excuse me, do you have the best of Elizabeth Taylor boxset?
Man: No I don't think we have, who's it for? Mum? Gran?
Me: It's for me :|

CRINGE!

Boo. :down: Liz Taylor is timeless.

I sometimes get strange reactions from family members to movies and books on my Christmas lists.

Boo. :down: Liz Taylor is timeless.

I sometimes get strange reactions from family members to movies and books on my Christmas lists.

Same here! I get the '...is that a joke?' thing, and then 'oh, but wouldn't you rather some nice clothes?!' thing. *sigh*

Same here! I get the '...is that a joke?' thing, and then 'oh, but wouldn't you rather some nice clothes?!' thing. *sigh*

Last year my aunt told me I had very strange and unique tastes because I had a bunch of movies from different era's and genres. The worst is that there are some 'adult' books and films that I'm afraid to ask for out of embarrassment. :lol:

I get the clothes thing too. The common line is 'why don't you ask for stuff you can use a lot like clothes.' :down:

Last year my aunt told me I had very strange and unique tastes because I had a bunch of movies from different era's and genres. The worst is that there are some 'adult' books and films that I'm afraid to ask for out of embarrassment. :lol:

I get the clothes thing too. The common line is 'why don't you ask for stuff you can use a lot like clothes.' :down:

Err, adult books and films...? Are they the sort of books and films Wild deals with? :wink:

Families :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom