USA: Find Your City on the Most Dangerous List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
The Morgan Quitno Press has released its annual America's Most Dangerous Cities list - is your city on it? As your peruse the list, some of the rankings will seem realistic, some will seem like the listmakers are on some serious crack.

See for yourself:
http://www.morganquitno.com/cit01dang.htm

I'm at #9 - Tampa, Florida

#16: Memphis, TN

it's worth pointing out that the downtown area (i believe) is one of the most dangerous downtown areas in the nation. i think counting that alone brings it up to the top five.

Mine is neither on the list nor 'missing'. It's just safe. :)

But Richmond, VA, where my family is... #19 most dangerous. :( Who knew.

Screaming Flower said:
chicago is a "missing city."

:|

I noticed that too. I thought I was seeing things. How could somewhere like Souix City Iowa be there and not Chicago? :scratch:

This year, several cities of 75,000+ population did not report complete crime information and thus were not included in the Safest Cities rankings. Chicago, IL and Baltimore, MD were the largest and most significant cities for which data were not available. The other cities are: Aurora, IL; Naperville, IL; Peoria, IL; Rockford, IL; Springfield, IL and Wichita Falls, TX. Specific reasons for these cities' data problems are as follows:

Chicago and Other Illinois Cities: For several years, rape numbers submitted by cities in the state of Illinois have not met the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) guidelines. This remains the case with 1999 crime data. According to state statisticians, the state of Illinois tracks "sexual assault," which includes not only female rapes, but also offenses such as male rape, sodomy, etc. For these reasons, Chicago, Aurora, Naperville, Peoria, Rockford and Springfield once again are not found in this year's Safest Cities rankings.

We're Number 3, We're Number 3, We're Number 3!!!

Wooohooooo!!!!

Stick em up, sucka

blah. :down: nice to see how these states and cities are keeping SUCH good statistics. it's not like their citizens have a right to know how dangerous of a city they live in or anything. :tsk:

i have a ton of family in and around baltimore, some are older. it'd be nice if i could know what kind of city he's living in, and the likelihood of him being mugged or otherwise hurt.

Re: now do you people see why i want to move?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Anyone want to visit me in Detroit, Murder City? :eyebrow:

I'm 2 hours away from there...but I'm about a half hour away from #4 (Flint, MI).

:laugh:

i can see why atlanta is #2. i've been there, and i was told by many to avoid many places at night. i was scared shitless having to walk across the street from my hotel to a store to fetch razor blades (stupid me brought my razor but no blades! i wasn't going to go to a concert with hairy pits.) and i was nervously clutching my mom the whole time. hehe, like they would attack me, but once they see my mom (who's 5' tall), they'll back off!

Re: now do you people see why i want to move?

Woohoo! Me too! ok, really its my home town and not my now town but whatever.

My now town is NYC which, despite the whole terrorism thing, is #120. Go figure.

My city is too small to be on that list but I live 2 blocks from Fullerton, CA which came in at 268.

Re: Re: now do you people see why i want to move?

sharky said:

Woohoo! Me too! ok, really its my home town and not my now town but whatever.

My now town is NYC which, despite the whole terrorism thing, is #120. Go figure.

*moves to NYC :ohmy:

OK, for all those people with #23 and such... just remember who here comes from the #1 most dangerous city. OK? :scream:

:wave: :mac:

The fact that NYC is #120 is laughable.

I have been to many of the 119 cities before it and all I have to say is that I would feel more safe walking naked through those, than walking home from work on any given night here...

Back
Top Bottom