Update: Jim & I might be in a magazine - We made it!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctorwho said:
Besides the above-mentioned math error regarding the years, I'm also a bit surprised/annoyed that the article didn't mention your names! They have your photo, may as well at least let people know who you are (even if it was just a first name, for privacy reasons).

That aside, I do agree with the sentiment of the article. Quick-step ballroom dancing is incredibly difficult to do. If something as slow-paced as golf or baseball can be considered a sport, then surely something as fast-paced and skillful as quick-step is as well. Hopefully, the Olympics will recognize this soon enough - I think they'd see a wildly popular sport (there's a reason why movies and TV shows based on dance succeed - it's hypnotic to watch great dancers!).

Anyway, congratulations Sicy! :yes:

That's funny Jim said the same thing.. he was like, kinda weird how they didnt even mention our names? I think because the article did not focus solely on us or the Starlite, but on all the dance ballrooms in the bay area. We're just there for eye candy :laugh:

I took some Quickstep lessons before, I know the basics but it is a very hard dance and you need a good partner! Salsa will always be my favorite though :drool:

I think my friend might be mad :shifty: They took pics of her and her boyfriend too but they chose our pic :cool:

Thanks all! They chose our pic because Sicy is uber sexy! That's one of my favorites. It's funny, when we were just doing candid shots, we must've done that particular move about 10 times in a row. :lol:

I think they should've captioned our names below the pic for a little recognition at least...:)

daafish said:
Thanks all! They chose our pic because Sicy is uber sexy! That's one of my favorites. It's funny, when we were just doing candid shots, we must've done that particular move about 10 times in a row. :lol:

I think they should've captioned our names below the pic for a little recognition at least...:)

Are you 'James'?

Edit: The sketch of what I believe is Sicy bears a slight resemblance to Australian actor Deborah Mailman. Might just be me.

Last edited:
Yes, i'm James......but everyone calls me Jim.

That is a sketch of Sicy that I drew in my sketch book.

That's not my favorite sketch of me.. he's got so many better ones!!

Yea, that's a nice one! pencil drawing with a little water color. :cute:

Someone brought "the Wave" in and left on one of the cabinets; I'M STEALING IT!!! :macdevil:

Yes, i'm stealing a free magazine! :lol:

We got some!

We even made the table of contents :laugh:

wave1.jpg

And here's the actual mag article

wave2.jpg

I love how it says we are doing 'Extreme Tango' :rolleyes: It was Salsa .. they cant even get that right :mad:

Back
Top Bottom