Underrated Beatles songs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Yes, it's the counterthread! :happy: Anyway, list The Beatles songs that you feel are underrated. Here are mine: The Inner Light and Tomorrow Never Knows! I never see people talking about those songs, they are amazing! Sure they may not be as good as some of their classics like Come Together or Let It Be. But they're still amazing!

The Inner Light:
"The farther one travels
The less one knows
The less one really knows

Arrive without travelling
See all without looking
Do all without doing"

Tomorrow Never Knows:
"And ignorance and hate may mourn the dead
It is believing, it is believing"

TheBrazilianFly said:

The Inner Light:
"The farther one travels
The less one knows
The less one really knows

Arrive without travelling
See all without looking
Do all without doing"

:bow:

Tomorrow Never Knows, while an excellent song, is not exactly underrated I think... at least not among serious Beatles fans!

George Harrison's Old Brown Shoe is also severely underrated.

The Ballad of John and Yoko

I don't know that its underrated, but "In My Life" is one of the best songs ever recorded, even if it can seem sappy. I can't tell you how many weddings and funerals I've heard that at and it always makes sense.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
The Ballad of John and Yoko

I don't know that its underrated, but "In My Life" is one of the best songs ever recorded, even if it can seem sappy. I can't tell you how many weddings and funerals I've heard that at and it always makes sense.

Reggie - you are earning pic points :wink:

I :love: 'In My Life'. Makes me cry for some reason every time I hear it. Kinda of like "Imagine". Probably both on my all time fave list, if I had one :hug:

You Can´t Do That

Nice little rockish tune,, and Lennon really showed how good a rock singer he was.

Ticket To Ride

Love the drums. Love the backing vocals.. LOVES this track

love that one too. My daughter sang it at her talent show
25.gif

i've got no idea what's considered underrated as far as the beatles go. but i'll second "you can't do that". there's a bunch of earlier stuff that i love that most people write off as being early pop crap.

yimou said:
Which one Lila?? Ticket To Ride ?

Actually she just corrected me (again). She sang 'Ticket To Ride' at the try-outs for a play. For time constraints and other factors, she sang 'Tell Me Why' for the talent show

for Reggie:
hippi.gif

IWasBored said:
i've got no idea what's considered underrated as far as the beatles go. but i'll second "you can't do that". there's a bunch of earlier stuff that i love that most people write off as being early pop crap.

That's the fun and torment of Pop music. What I think is crap touches you and vice-a-versa. Someone was saying what crap "Can't Buy Me Love" is and while it's not my favorite, I certainly don't think it's overrated, it's just not the most relevant piece of music I've heard them perform.

Hey the Beatles were the New Kids and Backstreet Boys of their day, however their music progressed and got bigger and more mature. They weren't marketed to 7-15 year olds which lengthened their career immensely.

Lila64 said:

Actually she just corrected me (again). She sang 'Ticket To Ride' at the try-outs for a play. For time constraints and other factors, she sang 'Tell Me Why' for the talent show

for Reggie:
hippi.gif

Nice...Tell me whhhyyyy you cried....

Your kid will have great taste in music because she'll be able to appreciate everything that came before the stuff we have now.:yes:

hahaha, i'm loving that there's a babe quote in this beatles thread. i think i saw that movie the day i bought revolver. or it was the day after i got the cd, and my best friend came (the same best friend that got me listening to the beatles in the first place), we watched the movie, and listened to . i also got a cold because we went outside to play in the rain, and it was november so it was cold. funny thing is i remember what shirt i was wearing, and this was 10 years ago. sign of early senility? :uhoh:

:childhoodnostalgia:

Michelle :drool: :drool: :drool:

Don't know if it's underrated but some kids don't seem to know it nowadays!

VERY difficult to play.......

IWasBored said:

Indeed, there's nothing wrong with perfect pop songs. Love Me Do is great, as is Eight Days A Week and Please Please Me. She Loves You is (even less than) 2 minutes of brilliance. :up:

I'm Only Sleeping, from Revolver. Can you say "backwards guitar solo"? AWESOME.

I Want You (She's So Heavy) has a lot of supporters, but I think it showcases the band as musicians better than almost any other Beatles song.

Dig A Pony from Let It Be. One of my favorite Lennon tracks. I can't figure out why this isn't a classic. John screaming "All...I Want...Is You!" and then going right into that falsetto with the "Be...cause". Fucking amazing. Ringo crashing on the cymbals...

Back
Top Bottom