Unalaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

When i watch rugby i'm seeing a game that is meant to be flowing being dragged out to the nth degree - so much so that it hurts.

I still think union is faster than league. League is repetitive, and repetitive =/= faster.

Axver said:

Yep:

Bad / Bad (snippet)

Bad / Bad (snippet) / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) / Sympathy For The Devil (snippet) / Wild Horses (snippet) / Help (snippet) / Helter Skelter / Walk To The Water (snippet) / WTSHNN (snippet) / ISHFWILF (snippet) / WOWY / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Hit Me Baby One More Time (snippet) / Clocks (snippet) / 40 (snippet) / Bad (snippet)

Sounds like win to me!

Axver said:

I still think union is faster than league. League is repetitive, and repetitive =/= faster.

I can see where people get the idea of repetitiveness of for league, but it's the same as rugby except that it gets rid of sticking the ball in a ruck.

But i think we're just arguing for arguments sake now.

major_panic said:

They have snippeted Bad before, haven't they? In AIWIY in Popmart if I recall correctly?

Correct. I think we record three instances of that on U2VT.

coolian2 said:
I can see where people get the idea of repetitiveness of for league, but it's the same as rugby except that it gets rid of sticking the ball in a ruck.

But i think we're just arguing for arguments sake now.

The one rule in league that I detest beyond all others is the limitation to five tackles. That is what makes it the most boring for me.

And c'mon, I'm a debater, that's what I do. :wink:

coolian2 said:

I think it's closer to 63%

62%, moron. I'm entirely willing to dismiss the opinion of anybody stupid enough to claim 63%.

Axver said:

The one rule in league that I detest beyond all others is the limitation to five tackles. That is what makes it the most boring for me.

And c'mon, I'm a debater, that's what I do. :wink:

That's because you like rugby.

With five tackles you need to make something happen, and usually that's why you see more 70, 80, 90 metre tries and so on.

Plus the tension of being down by 1 with five tackles and 90 metres to go :drool:

Axver said:

62%, moron. I'm entirely willing to dismiss the opinion of anybody stupid enough to claim 63%.

Now you're really talking out of your arse. Are you sure your head isn't a rugby ball that's been kicked one too many times?

It's clearly 63.4342% (recurring). How anyone can claim otherwise is obscene to me.

Man, people who either completely suck at English or just can't be bothered using a grammar / spellcheck on EYKIW just annoy me.

That being said, some of them have such atrocious English language skills that a grammar / spellcheck, if used, would probably spontaneously combust at the amount of Phail Collins in their sentences.

Last edited:
major_panic said:
Whoah, like I just hit 950 posts.

Then I noticed Ax is about to hit 38000.

MY POSTCOUNT = OWNED!

:lol:

I wonder what I'll waste my 38,000th post on? Arguing with Ian about percentages?

major_panic said:
Man, people who either completely suck at English or just can't be bothered using a grammar / spellcheck on EYKIW just annoy me.

That being said, some of them have such atrocious English language skills that a grammar / spellcheck, if used, would probably spontaneously combust at the amount Phail Collins in their sentences.

Quoted for truth. It's just stunning, especially when you consider most are actually native speakers. Bloody hell, people. Did you sleep through basic English at primary school or something?

Axver said:

I wonder what I'll waste my 38,000th post on? Arguing with Ian about percentages?

The way I see it, it'll either be arguing with Ian over percentages, debating some theological point with me or trying to take down ZooMacPhisto over in EYKIW.

No matter what it is, your 38000th post better have Phail Collins and SuperWin in it.

bono_man2002 said:

I think it was just raped by Ax's Post count, cause y'know. Its a whore!

8/118 :sad:

:lmao: Great call.

Wow, I can't believe Bangladesh pushed on past 110. Seriously. They seem to collapse for astonishingly little once they get down to the middle order. I wonder if they'll get to 125.

coolian2 said:

There's an 81% chance of that

Go fuck yourself. It's a 77.1% chance. Do you rugby league fans know nothing about statistics? :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom