Unalaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:
You're dismissing it on the time it takes to play, just like the people who dismiss it because they wear crash-pads.

Oh, that was just one point. Surely you've seen my rants before about everything that's wrong with American pansyball? I can't find one redeeming feature.

bono_man2002 said:

:wave:

How'd the laptop hunting go?

Utterly confusing. Thanks, Toshiba was the one I had brain fart on. I don't need anything too flash, as I have my PC, but I'm looking for a good reliable one for doing my work stuff on - MYOB Accounting and Payroll.....:crazy:

gluey said:

Utterly confusing. Thanks, Toshiba was the one I had brain fart on. I don't need anything too flash, as I have my PC, but I'm looking for a good reliable one for doing my work stuff on - MYOB Accounting and Payroll.....:crazy:

Toshibas are pretty reliable - I'm using one right now, and it's been great for over a year now!

Axver said:

Oh, that was just one point. Surely you've seen my rants before about everything that's wrong with American pansyball? I can't find one redeeming feature.

There's a lot that makes me roll my eyes at the sport, but i hardly consider myself stupid, or whatever else you said.

Axver said:

Their whalers have it so easy though. They're not double landlocked. Poor Liechtenstein. :(

And g'day! :wave:

:wave: Hi Ax!

Maybe we could have a Save the Evaporating Australians Concert, and the Icelandic Whalers could host it......might cool things down a bit.....:tongue:

major_panic said:

Toshibas are pretty reliable - I'm using one right now, and it's been great for over a year now!

What's compaq like? And what specs do you recommend I look for?

gluey said:

Maybe we could have a Save the Evaporating Australians Concert, and the Icelandic Whalers could host it......might cool things down a bit.....:tongue:

Add in some narcotics or mild opiates and we can call it the Dreamtime Tour!

coolian2 said:
There's a lot that makes me roll my eyes at the sport, but i hardly consider myself stupid, or whatever else you said.

You are stupid in a sporting appreciation sense if you seriously think it's better than rugby union. But I'm going to take that as hyperbole.

Axver said:

You are stupid in a sporting appreciation sense if you seriously think it's better than rugby union. But I'm going to take that as hyperbole.

Rugby union is what it's all about. Just back from signing my 5yr old to play!

gluey said:

:lmao:

Setlist:

1. Walk To The Water
2. The Ocean
3. North And South Of The River
4. Flower Child

gluey said:

What's compaq like? And what specs do you recommend I look for?

Depends on what you're gonna use it for really. I'm not much of a computer nerd myself, I just know bits that I've picked up here and there, but I think these days a reasonable cheap laptop is something like

Dual-core processor
1Gb DDR2 RAM
120Gb HDD
DVD burner
and the usual stuff like sound, 4 USB ports, Wireless internet, Bluetooth etc.

Axver said:

I could level the same accusations at rugby union - why are they always kicking the ball out? How come we have to wait three weeks for a scrum or lineout? Why does the ball seem to be in play for fuck all of 80 minutes?

It's easy to make outlandish claims about any sport.

gluey said:

Rugby union is what it's all about. Just back from signing my 5yr old to play!

:up:

Though I'm glad my glasses prohibit me from playing. I wouldn't fancy being at the bottom of a rolling maul!

Axver said:
Setlist:

1. Walk To The Water
2. The Ocean
3. North And South Of The River
4. Flower Child

You should start with The Cry, Fire and Help, really, then move it along to water-based songs.

coolian2 said:

I could level the same accusations at rugby union - why are they always kicking the ball out? How come we have to wait three weeks for a scrum or lineout? Why does the ball seem to be in play for fuck all of 80 minutes?

It's easy to make outlandish claims about any sport.

This is bollocks and you know it. You go on and on about kicking in rugby union and exaggerate it to a point of ridiculousness; you place far too much undue weight on it. And you're daft if you think it's even remotely as slow and agonisingly drawn out as American pansyball.

It's not outlandish to point out that American pansyball is clearly an inferior sport because they're such wimps they have to wear padding, they need separate offence and defence teams, and they stop for a breather every five seconds rather than clearing the ball and having a flowing game. It's sport only for the most simple-minded people on earth.

major_panic said:

You should start with The Cry, Fire and Help, really, then move it along to water-based songs.

:lol: True. Needs Beautiful Day to trick the gullible too. :wink:

Axver said:

This is bollocks and you know it. You go on and on about kicking in rugby union and exaggerate it to a point of ridiculousness; you place far too much undue weight on it. And you're daft if you think it's even remotely as slow and agonisingly drawn out as American pansyball.

It's not outlandish to point out that American pansyball is clearly an inferior sport because they're such wimps they have to wear padding, they need separate offence and defence teams, and they stop for a breather every five seconds rather than clearing the ball and having a flowing game. It's sport only for the most simple-minded people on earth.

When i watch rugby i'm seeing a game that is meant to be flowing being dragged out to the nth degree - so much so that it hurts.

American Football is a totally different sport, you're comparing apples and oranges. The only time i make the comparison is when i'm trying to con an American into league by claiming it's just like American Football only faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom