Unalaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

:lol:

I'm usually oblivious, with my iPod on. But this guy was opposite me, talking really loudly, and I could easily hear him over my music. He then started playing his mobile phone ringtone over and over again and sung along with it. I moved seats.

One time when I was waiting for a tram, there was this woman nearby who I swear must've been straight out of Kath & Kim. She was on the phone ranting about something and I honestly couldn't even understand what she was saying.

Normally i have my iPod on too, but some days i just don't bother and try to listen in (or read text messages over someones shoulder).

One time i was in the immigration queue at Sydney airport with a Kath and Kim woman behind me. Insane.

Varitek said:
nice how the alcohol helps ya sleep eh?

I wouldn't know, though I expect one of the Aussie Interferencers will get me drunk someday soon. Just to see if I begin spouting off setlists or something. "26 Deschember 1898, yoooorrrr myyyy beschescht freeeeeend ..."

G'night! :wave:

Axver said:

I wouldn't know, though I expect one of the Aussie Interferencers will get me drunk someday soon. Just to see if I begin spouting off setlists or something. "26 Deschember 1898, yoooorrrr myyyy beschescht freeeeeend ..."

G'night! :wave:

"You're not One Tree Hill, you're Two Hearts Beat As One! But i love yous all anyway"

coolian2 said:

Normally i have my iPod on too, but some days i just don't bother and try to listen in (or read text messages over someones shoulder).

One time i was in the immigration queue at Sydney airport with a Kath and Kim woman behind me. Insane.

It seems every time I listen to the conversations around me, they're fairly boring. Like yesterday, when I didn't actually have my iPod with me, two girls sitting opposite me were just discussing global warming. No innuendo, no salami, no "OMG HE STUCK IT IN HER POOPER!"

Axver said:

It seems every time I listen to the conversations around me, they're fairly boring. Like yesterday, when I didn't actually have my iPod with me, two girls sitting opposite me were just discussing global warming. No innuendo, no salami, no "OMG HE STUCK IT IN HER POOPER!"

Yeah, i find everything seems more interesting when i have my iPod on. It's so dull when i don't have it.

Yesterday the guy sitting in front of me found it greatly amusing that the bus that we kept overtaking was packed while ours was rather quiet.

According to one of my mates the route is known as the "magical 68" because of the friends he's made or just started talking to on the bus. THAT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME EITHER.

coolian2 said:
"You're not One Tree Hill, you're Two Hearts Beat As One! But i love yous all anyway"

:laugh:

"Fuck you, don't look at my woman's One Tree Hill single like that!" "You don't have a woman." "DON'T LOOK AT HER ONE TREE HILL SINGLE LIKE THAT THOUGH."

Axver said:

:laugh:

"Fuck you, don't look at my woman's One Tree Hill single like that!" "You don't have a woman." "DON'T LOOK AT HER ONE TREE HILL SINGLE LIKE THAT THOUGH."

"Check out her arse instead, because if i catch you looking at that single again, i swear to god......"

coolian2 said:
Yeah, i find everything seems more interesting when i have my iPod on. It's so dull when i don't have it.

Yesterday the guy sitting in front of me found it greatly amusing that the bus that we kept overtaking was packed while ours was rather quiet.

According to one of my mates the route is known as the "magical 68" because of the friends he's made or just started talking to on the bus. THAT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME EITHER.

I love it when two trams on the same route show up at once and everybody packs into the first one. I hop on the second one and spread out in an entire seating bay (which normally seats 4 people, 2 facing the other 2).

I've rarely ever spoken to anybody on the tram. Usually they've just been weird people. Probably the sanest was when a huge argument erupted at the other end of my tram and the guy sitting beside me was just as amused by it as I was, and we shared stories about other crazy tram passengers we'd encountered.

Axver said:

I love it when two trams on the same route show up at once and everybody packs into the first one. I hop on the second one and spread out in an entire seating bay (which normally seats 4 people, 2 facing the other 2).

I've rarely ever spoken to anybody on the tram. Usually they've just been weird people. Probably the sanest was when a huge argument erupted at the other end of my tram and the guy sitting beside me was just as amused by it as I was, and we shared stories about other crazy tram passengers we'd encountered.

The fun thing about my bus route is they all follow the same path from the city to Pakuranga (and vice-versa), so the first bus that goes through gets everyone who is just going to Ellerslie, or Panmure or somewhere close, while the other buses zip past with fuck all people on board, because it seems most of the demand doesn't go past the buses individual routes. On days when i'm in the last bus of the, for wont of a better term, convoy i can stretch right out on the back seat.

Probably the best bus conversation i've had was last week where our bus started following the wrong route when we got to Pakuranga. The girl and guy in front of me and my mate turned around and we were all very concerned we'd got on the wrong bus, because as we'd all learnt sometimes the drivers pull up to where the service starts, and changes the sign while accepting passengers.

That was a fun 20 odd minutes.

The Sad Punk said:
Oh god this is like the biggest heatwave ever, I'm basically dead.

Fuuuuck. I just checked the Bureau of Meteorology and its Adelaide station reports that last night, it didn't even drop below 30C for you guys. That's fucking NUTS.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS60901/IDS60901.94675.shtml

We at least got down to 25.5 at 2am, though it's been fairly consistently around 38 from 2pm until now.

coolian2 said:
Probably the best bus conversation i've had was last week where our bus started following the wrong route when we got to Pakuranga. The girl and guy in front of me and my mate turned around and we were all very concerned we'd got on the wrong bus, because as we'd all learnt sometimes the drivers pull up to where the service starts, and changes the sign while accepting passengers.

That was a fun 20 odd minutes.

:lol: Oh dear. That reminds me of when Kate caught a bus here in Melbourne, pushed the button to alert the driver that she wanted to get off, and he didn't stop. Four stops later, numerous people were waiting to get off and the bus driver just kept on going, oblivious to the people onboard. He then stopped in the middle of nowhere and let them off. Though I think they're partly to blame, as neither Kate nor anyone else actually said anything like "uh, you just drove past my stop" to the driver.

That argument I mentioned was epic. It was a Friday night and these people must have been totally sloshed. Half the group got on the tram, while half stayed off and they argued about whether it was the right tram or not. I've never heard so much swearing in my life. The driver went to talk to them twice and they still kept arguing. Eventually, none of them were actually blocking the doors, so the driver closed them and just left. The guy beside me and I both knew they were on the wrong tram but didn't want to say anything because this crazy bogan lady was absolutely convinced it was the right tram. We were both tempted to ride the tram to the end to see what happened when she got to the terminus and it was the wrong place.

Axver said:

:lol: Oh dear. That reminds me of when Kate caught a bus here in Melbourne, pushed the button to alert the driver that she wanted to get off, and he didn't stop. Four stops later, numerous people were waiting to get off and the bus driver just kept on going, oblivious to the people onboard. He then stopped in the middle of nowhere and let them off. Though I think they're partly to blame, as neither Kate nor anyone else actually said anything like "uh, you just drove past my stop" to the driver.

I've seen people in that situation before. How hard is it to say something nice and quick?

The driver has never missed my stop - more often than not they're asking me where the stop is. That was real effective the first time i caught the bus.

Sounds like a great fight too :laugh:

Holy shit, Bonnie. SBS just reported that today was Adelaide's 12th consecutive day with temperatures above 35.

coolian2 said:
I've seen people in that situation before. How hard is it to say something nice and quick?

The driver has never missed my stop - more often than not they're asking me where the stop is. That was real effective the first time i caught the bus.

Sounds like a great fight too :laugh:

I think some people are just gutless. I don't get it. Though I've noticed some tram drivers are spectacularly incoherent and sometimes those people who do ask questions just get more confused.

I've never had my stop missed either. Kate ironically did, the very day after her bus experience. The tram sailed through my stop and pulled up at the next one.

I love the local bus route that runs down my street - although it has designated stops, it will stop absolutely anywhere. I just wish I had more reason to use it! The trams now only stop at their officially designated stops - the closest is a block from me.

OK, do any of you guys know websites with good recipes, especially Mediterranean ones? I'm getting bored with my current dinners.

I probably wouldn't kick up a fuss if the driver missed my stop - i don't mind the walk and my normal stop is pathetically close to my house. I actually normally get off several stops early to walk it.

I've found our bus drivers are pretty good at talking to people - they usually seem to get the barely english speaking asian passengers to the right place.

I like my bus. By the time my stop comes around most people are off, and i tell the driver that if he wants he can cut down a certain street that will get him back to the depot sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom