ummm....drugs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elizabeth

New Yorker
not to freak anyone out, but i need some help describing something i have never seen. i figures this forum might be a good place to solicit feedback.

who can tell me what it really looks like when someone's been using heroin, basically injecting into their body for a couple of weeks? and i'm hoping for descriptions not of track marks on arms, but in the hidden places. bruises? what do the scars look like?

thanks. any help is appreciated.

however, if you feel uncomfortable posting here, and want to reply, please email me!

e.pagel@verizon.net

So ummmmm....picked up a new habit, Elizabeth???
eek.gif
KIDDING, geez.
wink.gif

I don't really know, but I would assume they look like bruises but with a darker "spot" in the center somewhere where the needle was injected (eesh, I'm getting the willies just thinking of this)

Hope it's no one you know!
frown.gif

Well, this might make me look bad, but when I was in high school, many of my friends were heroin addicts. It was horrible, but this is what I noticed of all of them -

1. general yellow-ish looking skin
2. very spacey and very forgetful
3. hard to get in touch with for days, weeks even
4. bruises near all major arteries/veins
5. sloppy appearance
6. evasiveness; lots of secrecy
7. bad skin (acne)
8. lots of new, strange friends
9. extreme loss of weight

any of these could be indicative of many things - but this is just what *I* personally noticed of all my heroin-using friends.

Hope this helps!

One way you can tell if is their complexion is really bad, alot of break-outs, and if they are very thin and pale all of the sudden. Also, they seem to be a ghost of their former self. They act like a different person. They steal things.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

think: *KEITH RICHARDS*

I really don't know first-hand, thank God, but that is the understanding that I have (extreme weight loss, sunken-in eyes... bruises -- usually a bi-product of not feeling pain and therefore abusing one's own body unwittingly)

---------
herrrrrrr-oooo-in... be the death of me

thanks.
i know this is weird.
and i'm not doing heroin.

but i am trying to write about it.

and i wonder what it would look like if you were, well, holding someone's feet, and you noticed *something* between their toes. basically, whatever you noticed would be needle marks. and the only reason someone puts needles in between their toes is heroin use, right? and the fact that they are trying to hide it. so what is the *something* that is noticed? the bruising?
the scarring?

and how long does it take for things like acne and the weight loss to develop?

Back
Top Bottom