Ulysses anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tried several times, but couldn't get into it.
frown.gif
Maybe I'm not literate enough. lol. I am working on Virginia Woolf's "To the Lighthouse" at the moment.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

it's a sad thing,
but I just don't have the time to finish a major work like that
frown.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

well i guess thats why Im still reading it after about 2 years
it takes a lot to get into it
going to dublin and seeing the places he describes does help however
smile.gif

Took an undergraduate seminar on it, along with a thesis. Got an A+.

Still procrastinating on Finnegans Wake tho.

------------------
"Lookin for baby Jesus under the trash..."

Yes! It's a great one. It did take me six months to read, and I had to skim over all the long passages on Irish history and such, just too much to absorb! It must help to have some understanding of Irish culture to begin with. But it got me fascinated with the topic! I like The Dubliners and Artist as a Young Man too...haven't gotten to Finnegan's Wake yet.

They recently had a weeklong conference on the book and Joyce out here at UC Berkeley. Included some nights at the pub, of course.

Anyone been to a Blooms Day in Dublin? What a fun idea that!

I read it -- But it's like if I hadn't.

I just have the "Molly's monologue" stuck in my mind, but all the rest it's quite confused...

I also tried finnegans wake -- Gosh! I would have liked to meet Joyce and ask him a couple of things about that book!!!

I studied it in a class as well, so read it pretty quickly...thoroughly though. It was nice because I actually understood it since we discussed it in class. It's tough though, and our prof recommended we use the cliff notes along with it. I very vividly remember him saying "the first time i read this book, i thought...wow...one of us needs to get off the drugs." :laugh: It's an excellent book though.

I am reading it now and boy, is it different. I really don't like it that much but, at least I could say I tried.:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom