UK X Factor!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsMofoGone said:

:tsk:

You mean your UK program is like American Idol ?? :yuck:

Ermm, no, erm nothing like it. It is much better and does not star Simon Cowell who is also in American Idol, honest...:reject:

Aardvark747 said:
Cowell = Genius!

I saw an interview with Quentin Tarantino the other evenning and he is a big fan of Simon Cowell. They showed a clip of him meeting Simon Cowell and he was all nervous! (Bless him).

You are in good company!

He wants an International star from this series, else he would have failed.

I doubt this show will EVER find sum1 who will sell millions outside of the UK.

^ I agree, no one has done that well out of it really. Girls Aloud, Liberty X and Will Young will never get anywhere outside the UK.

Kelly Clarkson is the only person who has had any international "success" so to speak.

Whatever happened to the guy who won World Idol? He sung Beautiful Day I think??

Aardvark747 said:

Hey Quiet1 - just out of interest, whereabouts are u in Yorks? I remember u commenting once when I mentioned Last Of The Summer Wine - are u anywhere near Holmfirth?
I keep meaning to take a long weekend off and have a drive up there...but I never get around to it!:(

I live in the east part of North Yorkshire and am fairly near the coast really (about 20 miles). So nowhere near Holmfirth I'm afraid, I'm more Heartbeat country.

But you're a fan of Brideshead Revisited, must be something of a Last of The Summer Wine fan if you know it's filmed in Holmfirth, all you need to be now is a Heartbeat fan and a fan of All Creatures Great and Small (west part of North Yorkshire) and a trip to West and North Yorkshire could be one of the biggest fan pilgrimages you ever make! lol.

Gonna jump in with the first mention of the Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For effort. :lol: What were they thinking? People trying to sing U2 songs is something I love to hate!

Also it seems like every man who goes on there has a dodgy hairstyle.. one of them on last night's show had actually straightened his hair :huh:

I missed the Belfast one!! My friend rang up and by the time I'd put the phone down and sat down to watch it it had ended! :grumpy:

Don't get me wrong, it was great to hear from her, but it'd would have been just as nice to hear from her after the show......

Just kidding if you're reading this R.

Last edited:
{paintedroses} said:
Gonna jump in with the first mention of the Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For effort. :lol: What were they thinking? People trying to sing U2 songs is something I love to hate!

Terrible indeed! That guy that did GnR - 'Sweet Child O Mine' was god-awful too!

Tilli said:
^ I agree, no one has done that well out of it really. Girls Aloud, Liberty X and Will Young will never get anywhere outside the UK.

Kelly Clarkson is the only person who has had any international "success" so to speak.

Whatever happened to the guy who won World Idol? He sung Beautiful Day I think??

That's not really true. Girls Aloud, Liberty X and Will Young all scored hits in the Netherlands. They weren't as popular as they were in the UK, but they did have a lot of fans among the 12 year olds. And they didn't score as many hits as they did in the UK, but they did score some...

Can I revive this thread to bitch about what happened onthis week's show? Well, I'm doing it anyway:

Guess what I'm gonna complain about? Yep, that whole 'Stelletio' debacle. They didn't sound that bad as a group but "Nope. You're not good enough. You. Yes. You. The pretty one who we pass off in the tried and tested girl next door image. You can come back and audition on your own and be guaranteed to be put through. The rest of you: s*d off."

So she comes back, doesn't sing as well as she does with the group but gets put through regardless.

Shameless seeking of good televison by forcing that poor girl into an emotional dilemma and a gamble that if lost, she could lose everything. :tsk:

But what really annoyed me was the fact that when another group came in (can't remember what they were called but it was a duo and the guy sang with an American accent) the guy was put down but the woman was praised as a good singer. Does she get the chance to go it alone? No. :down:

Naturally none of this will stop me watching it ;) especially as they put that Goth who came in that 'Batmobile' through into the next round! Always great when they get someone different from the run of the mill.

Regardless of the fact that I don't generally like the manufactured-pop thing, I do think Kelly Clarkson has an absolutely amazing voice. I think she is one of the few examples in which one of those Pop Idolish shows has produced anything good :shrug:

/waits for onslaught of abuse

America has that 'So You Think You Can Dance' show, which I actually quite enjoyed when I was out there. I'm hoping they might broadcast it here on ITV2 or something.

She does have a really good voice, although I have heard her doing that Mariah Carey '10 notes where one will do' thing when she sings which is a bit irritating. I agree though, she is one of very few who have actually been any good.

This 'So you think..' programme sounds good. I assume it is about exactly what it says in the title. Does it have lots of shows early on where people who blatently can't dance try too? If so, then it may be worth watching!

Tilli said:

This 'So you think..' programme sounds good. I assume it is about exactly what it says in the title. Does it have lots of shows early on where people who blatently can't dance try too? If so, then it may be worth watching!

Thats my kinda show :drool: :lol:

:bump:
Get this bugger back to the top!:rockon:

And my comments on the 1st live show from last wknd are 2 simple words - Chico....WHY?:huh: Terrible and talentless. Poor Addictiv Ladeeeeez, they werent great, but they were nervous cos of performing 1st, but they're certainly a lot better than that buffoon. Apprently even Sharon will now make sure he goes no further this wknd. How she would be allowed to do that I dont know, but I pray to god she does!:drool:

Aardvark747 said:
:And my comments on the 1st live show from last wknd are 2 simple words - Chico....WHY?:huh: Terrible and talentless. Poor Addictiv Ladeeeeez, they werent great, but they were nervous cos of performing 1st, but they're certainly a lot better than that buffoon.

Haven't really been following this but I did see the show you're referring to. Both acts were rubbish but at least Chico managed to be somewhat entertaining (in the manner of a court jester, but entertaining nonetheless). THe Ladeez just could not hold a tune and deserved to go!

By the way, what's up with Sharon? Has she had more plastic surgery??

And off topic, did anyone see that "adrenaline junkie" show with Jack Osbourne?? I was actually impressed with the guy, considering that he was a complete waste of space prior.

Yeah Jack seems to have got himself into shape at last - tho his TV presenting skills still leave a lot to be desired!

As for Sharon, she's got a new hair style from what I can see, but I think that's all. God knows how much she's spent on herself over the last few years to get her looking like she does. It's actually Kate Thornton from the show tho, that looks a lot younger than she is I reckon. 35 apparently but I would've said early 20's!

I still can't believe that Louis put Chico through. I mean did he take a toilet break or something while the guy was performing?!! He was way worse than Addictive Ladies (or ladeeeez or whatever). There are two big things I have against Chico:

1. What's with that really weird deep singing voice that he's suddenly got on the live shows?

2. He's is SO full of himself. It makes me wanna slap him.

And how hiliarious was it at the end when Kate asked Simon for some words (clearly meaning for addictive ladeeez) and he said, "Chico you are a joke!". But Chico has got more guts than I have, 'cos I wouldn't wanna go up there and sing (though by the sounds of things, singing isn't high on Chico's agenda either). So good luck to him I guess. :shrug:

*growls 1st word* "SHHHHHHHHHARON ur so sexy":dance:

God awful. I do hope he goes on sat. nite. Btw, I just made up the Ladeeeeez bit myself!:cool: I'm sure they wouldnt be upset!

As for who might win this year, I really like the pair of guys in Simon's category. I have ever since they sung 'Still Havent Found...' a few wks back. Both have great voices - they should make it into the top 5 no problem. Andy the binman is Sharon's best chance of a win, and I think she knows it now too, so maybe she'll stop pissing about with Chico and look to help this guy with 'real' talent.

yeh andy the bin man put everyone else to shame.

felt sorry for nicholas, he was given such a shit song to sing.

as much as i hate Chico, i just know that Addictiv Ladies (or whatever they're called) would annoy the hell out of me for the rest of the series if they had stayed in with all their "street attitude" ect...:mad:

Oh, forgot to mention that I loathe Fortune. They just represent everything I HATE about boybands. The way their little faces light up when they're singing, like sum1's sticking a finger up their arse, it is just :sick: The constant hand movements, and of course, the dreadful vocals. I know so many would disagree and say that they CAN sing, which I guess is true. It's just the WAY they sing that I cannot abide!:madspit:

Aardvark747 said:
Oh, forgot to mention that I loathe Fortune. They just represent everything I HATE about boybands. The way their little faces light up when they're singing, like sum1's sticking a finger up their arse, it is just :sick: The constant hand movements, and of course, the dreadful vocals. I know so many would disagree and say that they CAN sing, which I guess is true. It's just the WAY they sing that I cannot abide!:madspit:

:yes:

no boyband will ever be as good as Take That

1stepcloser said:
as much as i hate Chico, i just know that Addictiv Ladies (or whatever they're called) would annoy the hell out of me for the rest of the series if they had stayed in with all their "street attitude" ect...:mad:

:up:

I bet Chico knows deep down that he hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of getting very far so he's just enjoying himself and acting a bit stupid. On the other hand, Addictiv Ladies seemed to think that they were actually talented. Even the one taking lead couldn't sing worth a damn!

Back
Top Bottom