Uh oh! Bad news for internet junkies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
i saw that on CNN this morning and got scared to death.........i'm on a laptop all the time unless i'm sleeping or eating or bathing........:ohmy:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought LCD displays/laptop screens are not as bad for the eyes? Or is that only for migraines?

I KNEW IT!! I wore sunglasses for the longest time while I was on the computer (not really sure if that would make things any better :drunk: ).

My vision was fine until I started living on the computer 24/7, now it's a bit fuzzy. That would explain it....

I have glaucoma which has been treated with eyedrops for a little over 10 years. My sight is pretty good, although I do need glasses.

This is an interesting finding, but I still don't quite get the correlation between computer use and increased pressure in the eye, which leads to glaucoma. (This said without reading the article, which maybe I'd better go do...)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought LCD displays/laptop screens are not as bad for the eyes? Or is that only for migraines?

do you mean relative to CRT monitors? i know they emit less radiation than CRTs.

kobayashi said:

do you mean relative to CRT monitors? i know they emit less radiation than CRTs.

Yes. I work for a HelpDesk so all we do is computers and we switched over to LCDs instead of CRTs. A co-worker was saying they're "healthier" and mentioned less migraines.

Back
Top Bottom