Ugly people commit more crimes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Not to encourage anyone, but this article reminded me of someone on this forum....I'm sure he will be thrilled with this corroborating evidence for his ugly is bad, good looking is the ultimate theory.

:tsk:

But seriously, how sad! :(

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/16/AR2006021602039_pf.html

"We find that unattractive individuals commit more crime in comparison to average-looking ones, and very attractive individuals commit less crime in comparison to those who are average-looking," claim Naci Mocan of the University of Colorado and Erdal Tekin of Georgia State University.

[...]

Mocan and Tekin aren't sure why criminals tend to be ugly. Other studies have shown that unattractive men and women are less likely to be hired, and that they earn less money, than the better-looking. Such inferior circumstances may steer some to crime, Mocan and Tekin suggest. They also report that more attractive students have better grades and more polished social skills, which means they graduate with a greater chance of staying out of trouble.

Last edited:
Mrs. Edge said:
Not to encourage anyone, but this article reminded me of someone on this forum....I'm sure he will be thrilled with this corroborating evidence for his ugly is bad, good looking is the ultimate theory.

:tsk:

OMG....probably the same one I'm thinking of too :lmao:

Is it that ugly people 'commit' more crimes or just that hot people 'get away' with more crimes because they are good looking.

Cause, I'll be honest with you my wife (hot :drool: ) gets away with a whole hell of a lot more than I (not hot :sad: ) do....

Dalton said:
Is it that ugly people 'commit' more crimes or just that hot people 'get away' with more crimes because they are good looking.
i think dalton nailed it.

Re: Re: Ugly people commit more crimes?

MsGiggles said:

OMG....probably the same one I'm thinking of too :lmao:

maybe we are all thinking of the same person :uhoh:

But.. yeah, sometimes it seems that if you are pretty you will be more succesful . I move in a circle where it does not only take to be talented, if you are nice and good looking seems that you have an advantage, cuz the people from the publishing houses, the museums, the advertising agencies will remind you better and they will have a better impression of you. When I have a job interview or the few times that I've exposed my work I try to look the best I can, and it works.

Last edited:
Dalton said:

I think you might be on to something here. Just think how many movies and books have good-looking heros and ugly villians! Maybe the stereotype is so ingrained that people - including the police - subconsciously give less weight to evidence pointing to good-lucking people or never even consider them suspects in a crime in the first place.

This is ludicrous. How can there be any validity to a study or any kind of "data" on the subject of looks? Who deems whether a person is good looking or not when "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is merely one person, the beholder's opinion?

Re: Re: Re: Ugly people commit more crimes?

Muggsy said:

maybe we are all thinking of the same person :uhoh:

But.. yeah, sometimes it seems that if you are pretty you will be more succesful . I move in a circle where it does not only take to be talented, if you are nice and good looking seems that you have an advantage, cuz the people from the publishing houses, the museums, the advertising agencies will remind you better and they will have a better impression of you. When I have a job interview or the few times that I've exposed my work I try to look the best I can, and it works.

we are all thinkin of the same person...

he just needs to STOP lookin at the really good lookin people and notice the people who are average.

id bet hed find hes more average than ugly.

if your stuck at home and your watchin the commercial with anna nicole...and at the end it says " BE ENVIED"...

WHY????????????????????????????

why do people have to be "envied"

...and everything be a rat race

its unrealistic.....................esp. for this nation of women and young men and young women

its dangerous

its as if were controlled to be romantisized

Well, if more crimes are committed by people from unfortunate circumstances then that might have something to do it. They just dont get the same chances as richer people to even try to be attractive.
I've seen the amount of work that some of my richer friends put into being good looking, and it was a LOT.
However, I do think that attractive people get away with a lot more than unattractive people. I've even noticed myself at times letting the cute boys get away with being rude just because...they're cute.
And attractive people might very well get better employment because if two people had equal resumes but one of them was a real looker, dont you think that the person hiring might even unknowingly like the good looking person better? :shrug:
There was a study that showed babies liked looking at attractive people a lot more than unattractive people. Maybe it is just ingrained in us.
The standards that dictate 'attractiveness' in its most general terms are usually things that indicate good health and/or charisma too. Like a nice body, symmetry in facial features, an engaging demeanor...things like that.
I dunno :shrug:
There's a lot of reasons this could be true.

and
*ahem*
I must be thinking of the same person too.

"We find that unattractive individuals commit more crime in comparison to average-looking ones

Not being funny but Simon Cowell doesn't strike me as being too ugly, but has any person in the history of mankind committed more crime than he????

Re: Re: Ugly people commit more crimes?

jimmmm said:
Not being funny but Simon Cowell doesn't strike me as being too ugly, but has any person in the history of mankind committed more crime than he????

Well there is Louis Walsh.:lol:

Re: Re: Re: Ugly people commit more crimes?

financeguy said:

Well there is Louis Walsh.:lol:

Yep, you're right, both guilty as charged, for crimes against humanity, sentenced to a lifetime of listening to the dross they've inflicted on us all!

Social Services should seriously look into this matter. In fact, it ought to include poor, ugly children in a special "at risk" category, whereby things like Medicaid would cover plastic surgery. Come to think of it, programs like Head Start could carry a whole new meaning: the curriculum could focus on personal grooming instead of futile areas like reading, writing and arithmetic!

upd3.jpg

glenn-campbell-mugshot.jpg

lyonnemug.jpg

Last edited:

Ugly people commit more crimes while listening to Nickelback and making satanic shrin
es with Frank the Monkey!

it's true! I saw it on CNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Also, this one old lady, right? She seemed really respectable and nice but actually, ACTUALLY, it turns out she ate all the children in her town and secretly wished to be the bride of Tsar Nicolas II! It's crazy guys! its CRAZY!

ARE YOU GOUTRAGED YET!!! WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THAT UNCLE RONNIE'S BURGERS ARE MADE FROM GROUND MEAT!

AND BY GROUND MEAT

i DONT MEAN 'GROUND MEAT', I MEAN
MEAT THAT UNCLE RONNIE FOUND ON THE GROUND

ROADKILL (human or otherwise)
FOR INSTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THAT UNCLE RONNIE WAS ON THE GRASSY KNOLL ALONG WITH OVER 100 SHARPSHOOTERS NONE OF WHOM COULD SHOOT FOR SHIT, NO SURPRISES THERE KIDS, THEY'D BEEN EATING HIS BURGERS FOR THE LAST TWENTY YEARS!!!!!!!! ITS' TRU GUYS

ITS TRUE
I SAW IT ON CNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

ALSO, I heard a rumour that someone bad did some bad thing to someone... it was pretty bad. i nearly threw up my dinner just hearing about it, imagine if i knew all the details.... imagine if YOU knew all the details.

i mean, come on guys. Just imagine if.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

ugly people are just caught more often to help the population

it's a proven fact ugly people make more ugly people, so you lock em up and only let the pretty people breed

we'll have a better looking population

noone at interference is ugly, guys.

except for me... :(

WHY AM I SO UGLY?!?!?!

girls never like me.

i'm ugly.

why don't i look better?!

:( :( :(

feel bad for me.

Back
Top Bottom