Ugly Name Side, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went and took some Advil. I wish Chris Martin would get the hell out of my bathroom.

What the hell is my childhood friend a New Zealand bowler who's more useless with the bat than a turnip Coldplay's lead "singer" doing in your bathroom?

It's a magazine with Coldplay on the front. Everytime I go in there, his ugly mug is staring at me. I really should throw it away. For now I turned it around so the vodka ad on the back is facing me instead.

Sorry, too busy cowering in fear over tomorrow and Wednesday's weather. We're forecast to get 37 and 39. In your language, that's 100 and ... 104? or something.

But then Thursday and Friday are both forecast to be 23. THANK GOD.

Neither. And one of my friends just cheated by taking off the coloured stickers and resticking them so that it looked like he'd solved it.

Neither. And one of my friends just cheated by taking off the coloured stickers and resticking them so that it looked like he'd solved it.
Oh, oh! That reminds me. Once, my sister was housesitting for this nice family from our church. A bunch of us hung out there with her/stayed the night/etc. They had an unsolved Rubik's cube, so one night this one guy started taking off all the stickers and moved them around until the cube was 'solved'. We were sure to leave the cube in a quite visible spot for when the family returned from their holiday :lol:

Good times.

We're all a bit quiet tonight, it seems.

Ali, I'm jealous of you and your air conditioned workplace.

We're all a bit quiet tonight, it seems.

Ali, I'm jealous of you and your air conditioned workplace.

I bet you're not jealous of my 30-40 minute commute in a non-air-conditioned metal box, though. And once again, I face a choice between dressing to be more comfortable outside and freeze inside, or be comfortable in the hyper-air-con at work or boil outside.

Joy! :happy:

Anyway, how are you?

WHAT. I thought it was supposed to be cooler on Wednesday!!

That's what I said when Kat told me it'd be 39. The Bureau was forecasting 29. But NO. They've revised it up. At least Thursday-Saturday will be 23, 23, 25. Cool for my birthday. Win.

I bet you're not jealous of my 30-40 minute commute in a non-air-conditioned metal box, though. And once again, I face a choice between dressing to be more comfortable outside and freeze inside, or be comfortable in the hyper-air-con at work or boil outside.

Joy! :happy:

Anyway, how are you?

Eek. Yeah, I'm intentionally not travelling over the next two days, since the majority of route 55 services are run by Z3 class trams that have no air conditioning (though I think the driver's compartments are - I've no idea how they'd cope without it). I feel sorry for peak hour tram commuters tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm doing alright, about to upload a shitload of photos. Why, I don't know. Not as if anybody ever looks at them outside of the occasional picspam.

That's what I said when Kat told me it'd be 39. The Bureau was forecasting 29. But NO. They've revised it up. At least Thursday-Saturday will be 23, 23, 25. Cool for my birthday. Win.
That's a plus... have you worked out what you want to do?

Eek. Yeah, I'm intentionally not travelling over the next two days, since the majority of route 55 services are run by Z3 class trams that have no air conditioning (though I think the driver's compartments are - I've no idea how they'd cope without it). I feel sorry for peak hour tram commuters tomorrow.
Ack. You could always suck up to the drivers and get in the cabin ;)

Anyway, I'm doing alright, about to upload a shitload of photos. Why, I don't know. Not as if anybody ever looks at them outside of the occasional picspam.
:reject:

Posterity? Emergency storage in case of catastrophic computer phailure?

That's a plus... have you worked out what you want to do?

Think I'll just see who can make it around Friday evening for lots of bad food and U2 DVDs. I'll bake some muffins, hopefully a cake ... pizza would be a good idea for dinner. I'm also getting pizza tomorrow so that I needn't cook in the heat!

Ack. You could always suck up to the drivers and get in the cabin ;)

Might be just a bit cramped on a Z3! :laugh:

(Though it'd work on a W or a C ...)

:reject:

Posterity? Emergency storage in case of catastrophic computer phailure?

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe I should try promoting it or something. Not that my photography's good enough yet. Hopefully my new camera will give me some better image quality. And hopefully my composition will get better.

Think I'll just see who can make it around Friday evening for lots of bad food and U2 DVDs. I'll bake some muffins, hopefully a cake ... pizza would be a good idea for dinner. I'm also getting pizza tomorrow so that I needn't cook in the heat!
I can make Friday night...

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe I should try promoting it or something. Not that my photography's good enough yet. Hopefully my new camera will give me some better image quality. And hopefully my composition will get better.
Do you picspam on railfan sites? Know your audience, and all that...

No, because I'm too self-conscious about the poor picture quality of my camera. :lol:

If they're as keen on trains as you are, I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem... I don't think there's anything wrong with your picture quality.
And you'll have the DSLR soon, anyway :wink:

If they're as keen on trains as you are, I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem... I don't think there's anything wrong with your picture quality.
And you'll have the DSLR soon, anyway :wink:

I'm probably being over-critical. But I'm certainly noticing things now that I wouldn't have noticed this time last year. I'm definitely getting my eye for photography in.

And I'm writing such a bloody lame PM right now. You'll see in a few minutes ...

I'm probably being over-critical. But I'm certainly noticing things now that I wouldn't have noticed this time last year. I'm definitely getting my eye for photography in.

And I'm writing such a bloody lame PM right now. You'll see in a few minutes ...

Over-criticism ftl.

Over-criticism ftl.

I don't know, it has its uses. Certainly pushes me to take better photos.

Like look at this one. I think this is one of my best:

s640x480

I still don't think it's worth a damn though. Not something I'd like to show off. The sky's somewhat blown out, with that fade to white along the horizon. The whole image lacks colour vibrance, and some things really aren't very distinct, like the trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom