U2SavesTheWorld appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonosgirl84 said:
so you'd show me more than ten hours of trying to nap at union station while i waited for my train, five hundred stiff men in suits pushing me out of the way at rush hour and a filthy river?

sweet. i knew there must be more to that city. :wink:

boooooooooooo!

Union Station IS NOT a fair impression of the city.

Lakeshore Drive! (just ONE little tiny example of how pretty the city can be).

long

I totally did…piss weather though…ok, here is my weekend story….

My best friend (I actually HATE using this term, for the record….what am I, 5 years old?) went with me for the weekend…she has become a huge fan over the last two years thanks to me and Milwaukee was her 3rd show on this tour. So, we drive up Saturday morning and got to Milwaukee around 3:00. Checked into the Hyatt and tried to figure out what to do for the night. We were going to grab dinner so I went down and talked to the concierge about where we could go. I refuse to go to chains when I am out of town, I want to go somewhere with local flavor, you know?

OK, so anyway, when I come back upstairs she was on the phone with her husband so I went down to the bar at the Hyatt and had a beer and waited for her to get off the phone. She calls me, I go back upstairs, and she is like “I know where we are going to dinner” and I’m all, “Sweet!” so I jump in the shower and we take off….its now like, 6:00. While we are in the car she is like, “You should wear your Cards hat because its pouring out” and I’m all, “Umm, okaaaaaaay”. I am rarely seen without my Cardinals hat but I thought we were going out to dinner and then to the bars on Water Street. Well, as usual, I’m chatting away, not paying attention to a thing, and she is driving. So, all of a sudden we are right next to Miller Park and I say, “I can’t believe the Cards are playing here this weekend and I’m not going. This sucks. Have you ever seen a game at Miller Park?” and she says, “I’m about to!” and I just flipped out. She bought these tickets like, 3 months ago for this game because she knew we were going to the concert. She forgot about them and then decided to keep it as a surprise. So, we park, get beers, and go to our seats. HOLY SHIT. OK, literally, third row, first baseline, right behind the Brewers dugout. Bev, for the record, that stadium is AWESOME. The people were super-cool, the seats were amazing, and I had a blast. I will definitely be back to see a game, regardless of who they are playing. The Cards got their asses handed to them :)laurelresting: ) so we left and went down to Water Street…got some food at Rock Bottom (I go there in Chicago for the rooftop so I thought I’d go in Milwaukee too). Ended up at a few other bars and then home. The Cardinals were staying at the Hyatt so we ended up at the hotel bar with Jason Isringhausen, Ray King, David Eckstein, Scott Seabol, and John Mabry. It was all of them and the two of us. Good times had by all.
Sunday….RAIN RAIN RAIN. Got lunch, went to the bar directly across from the Bradley Center and no one would put the Rams game on (damn Packers) so we ended back at the hotel bar because they WOULD put it on. Watched the Rams play a shitty first half and bring it back on the backhalf. Went to go stalk the band….missed them by literally 5 minutes and then went to another bar on Water Street to watch more football. Got ready for the show, went to concert, called bg, drank beer, left show, went to a sweet bar across the street from the venue (cant remember the name of it), got drunk, put $20 worth of U2 in the jukebox, everyone sang along, went to go stalk the band, found out they were “on a plane to Mexico before the houselights came on”, peed in an alley, went to another bar, came home, ordered pizza, passed out.
Got up Monday, drove to Chicago, decided to stay for the night, went to Four Farthings for drinks and then to River Shannon and Gamekeepers (I hate Gamekeepers), and then back to the Hilton downtown.
Got up yesterday morning, hopped a flight to Stl.

Phew!

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.

Miller Park does indeed rock (though I do miss the old skool County Stadium).

Next time you come to Milwaukee, we must meet up.

Agreeeeeeed.

Where was I Sunday night?

Its a bar with hardwood floors, directly across from Bradley...I was on the second floor, it has a separate bar with pool tables and a jukebox....its not that sports bar, it was cooler.

Is that a Bud light in your pants or are you just happy to see me :sexywink:

I can't believe you weren't lynched for ordering a Bud in a Miller town.

JessicaAnn said:
Is that a Bud light in your pants or are you just happy to see me :sexywink:

I can't believe you weren't lynched for ordering a Bud in a Miller town.

You have NO idea what I went to in order to find a place that sold Bud Light. :angry:

11 different bars + Miller Lite + WORST.HANGOVER.EVER

U2SavesTheWorld said:

That sounds about right.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

11 ... you really made the rounds in Milwaukee. Were you sticking to Water Street or did you venture to other areas?

No....just about every single bar within walking distance of the Hyatt....

Including too much time spent at that little dive across the street

i appreciate U2STW for being a wonderful storyteller...
:applaud:
and sports fan :wink:
anybody who would search for a bar willing to show their team deserves props!!
:up: :up:
sounds like a great weekend...except for maybe the peeing part...
:)

zumanity42 said:
sounds like a great weekend...except for maybe the peeing part...
:) [/B]

Well, this COULD have been one of the funniest parts of the weekend....while I'm out in the alley behind the Bradley Center some random U2 fan (I think it was one of those "I'm a fan for the weekend!!!" types) came over WHILE I AM GOING and says, "Is the band still here?"

:|

I was seriously just squatting away going, "What?"

Like, for real! Leave me alone!

:looneyfans:

Re: long

U2SavesTheWorld said:
called bg, drank beer, left show, went to a sweet bar across the street from the venue (cant remember the name of it), got drunk, put $20 worth of U2 in the jukebox, everyone sang along, went to go stalk the band, found out they were “on a plane to Mexico before the houselights came on”, peed in an alley, went to another bar, came home, ordered pizza, passed out.
Got up Monday, drove to Chicago, decided to stay for the night, went to Four Farthings for drinks and then to River Shannon and Gamekeepers (I hate Gamekeepers), and then back to the Hilton downtown.

Omg. I was just trying to think when the last time I peed in an alley was.

And, no one likes Gamekeepers. :wink:

:heart: Chicago :heart:

MK -

I am just trying to figure out ONE DON-like moment for the weekend (BTW, I expect the new Busch Park to be better than Miller Park...despite the fact I rather drink Miller than anything Busch):

You said you do not go to chains...but went to Rock Bottom. :eyebrow:

:D :D :D :D

Why can't the friggin cards be winning tonight? :angry:

zonelistener said:

You said you do not go to chains...but went to Rock Bottom. :eyebrow:

You are my hero, MK. I wish I was just like you.

:angry:

I knew some asshat would pick up on the Rock Bottom thing. It was pathetic. I was too tired and too drunk to walk to Water Street so we wandered in there. I do like that bar. I don't like to EAT at chains. I PREFER not to drink in chain bars but I like Rock Bottom and I wanted to have something OTHER then Miller Shite.

:mad:

you're that

asshat.jpg

What is that thing on google where you type in someone's name and it gives you a list of things like:

Jeffy is an asshat
Jeffy is in Minneapolis
Jeffy is a laaaaadies man

what is that?

:angry:

Back
Top Bottom