U2 shirt i bought on ebay - help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sokki

The Fly
hi everyone. about two weeks ago i bought a war tour shirt on ebay. everybody said i was totally crazy, because i ended up paying $145 (australian) for it. that's probably the most i've ever spent on an item of clothing, not to mention that old.

so today i get it and it's sooo faded. i expected it to be worn and everything so i'm not really that upset about it, but my mum says i should be pissed. i mean it's meant to be black, and it's gray.

nothing i can do about it now, and i still want it, but i was wondering if anyone knew of anything i can do with it. can it be dyed again? i don't know... has this happened to anyone before? is there any way to kind of, restore it sort of thing?

thanks guys!!! :)

Did they say it was faded in the auction? Do you have the auction number? If they stated it is like 20 years old or something than it is probably to be expected.

I probably wouldnt dye it because it might dye any other colors on the shirt black as well and that would suck.

i do love it, i just don't want people looking at me like i found it in a gutter somewhere, lol!

wow, thats a lot of bids for an old tee shirt

you can't dye it, the white flag will pick up the dye

i wonder why the auction title says concert shirt "look" is it from the show or not? he says it is, but that title is weird. anyway, i think you're stuck with it.

People put "LOOK" or LQQK or L@@K in their auction titles to 'get attention'. Although in reality no one searches for the word 'LOOK' so its just annoying and stupid to me lol.

That seller probably had a heart attack when that auction closed. Bids started at just $1.99 :ohmy:

oooh, so it's like an attention grabber

i was thinking he meant it "looked" like a concert tee

sorry, i'm ebay-challenged :reject:

it's also kind of funny what they considered to be a 'size large' in 1983. it's tiny!

Back
Top Bottom