U.S. Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
am i blind, or could it be that there is NO THREAD...not single topic or moist breath discussing the results of the u.s. open? do you wankers not like golf or something? what did you think of goosen's +11 on day 4? of tiger's attempted comeback? of campbell's victory? of that crazy old pinehurst #2???? tell me!!!

it was a good finish. Campbell really came on towards the end. good for him, he seems like a good guy.

btw, i definitely would have thrown my clubs in the water by the end of the 2nd hole.

it was a very good finish but before the day started i was sure that goosen was going to cruise to an easy finish. i can't believe he struggled the way he did down the stretch.

i saw some of the best approach shots in golf roll 30 yards off and away from the green over the past few days. i couldn't believe it. that's a crazy little course they've got going down there in n.c.

Luck played more of a roll than anything else in who won the US Open. The USGA has an obsession that the winning score should be at or around even par. The course gets jerked arounf until it is nearly impossible to play on. Sure, on Thursday and Friday the shots that hit the green and rolled 30 yards away were cute, but should that type of crap decide who wins the National Championship? I have no problem making the rough longer or making it more of a techical course but this weekend was too much. If I were out there, I'd want to take my 4-iron to the president of the USGA.

randhail said:
Luck played more of a roll than anything else in who won the US Open. The USGA has an obsession that the winning score should be at or around even par. The course gets jerked arounf until it is nearly impossible to play on. Sure, on Thursday and Friday the shots that hit the green and rolled 30 yards away were cute, but should that type of crap decide who wins the National Championship? I have no problem making the rough longer or making it more of a techical course but this weekend was too much. If I were out there, I'd want to take my 4-iron to the president of the USGA.

i'm not sure if it was luck or just who happened to have their approach game working the best and most consistently for the 4 days. those greens were playable, it was just impossible to go for the pin and expect to be putting from within 30 feet when the ball finally settled. a precise and conservative approach game really played the biggest role in the open, in my opinion of course.

randhail said:
Luck played more of a roll than anything else in who won the US Open.

its the same for all the players. michael campbell played better over the course of 4 rounds than anyone else.

luck had no greater role than in anything else.

I was quite peeved at how a lot of the American press said Campbell is a nobody. He's one of the great talents in golf in the last decade, his only fault has been that occasionally he gets sick of it all and lets his ranking slip. But when he puts his mind to it he can beat anyone - he'd gone head-to-head with Tiger and bested him before.

brettig!

i didn't go so much of a 'nobody' vibe from them. more of a 'former promising talent that fell flat until today.'

Back
Top Bottom