Two Towers question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghetofabu

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok. I knew that I saw something about a "Rerturn to the Shire" special. Has it already came on?? I cannot find it. :sad:

i just watched it at 7 on our wb station but when i called my brother to tell him it was on, it wasn't on where he was. i'd check your wb website.

it was really good. and i want to be orlando bloom's baby's mama. :silent:

___
:wave: hi eugene

I saw it from 8-9pm tonight, it was called "return to middle earth" and it was SOOOOOOOO COOL.

yes i am a bit of a fan.

anyway, it was mostly background info on the filming, lots of cool personal time with the *stars* and interviews...even a big sneal peek of a scene from the upcoming movie...

everyone was interviewed except for John Rhys-Davies! I don't know why! Poor Gimli.

It was cool to see...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO :banghead: NO :banghead: NO :banghead: NO :banghead: NO :banghead: NO :banghead: NO :banghead:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:scream: :scream:

Damn I missed it too, I must blame my love for beer specials at the local pub. I did however just purchase the 4 disk dvd of fellowship. The special features are incredible, I still cant believe the amount of time and energy that went into making that film!!

Not to mention it came with a ticket to see Two Towers......:|

elizabeth said:
I saw it from 8-9pm tonight, it was called "return to middle earth" and it was SOOOOOOOO COOL.

yes i am a bit of a fan.

anyway, it was mostly background info on the filming, lots of cool personal time with the *stars* and interviews...even a big sneal peek of a scene from the upcoming movie...

everyone was interviewed except for John Rhys-Davies! I don't know why! Poor Gimli.

It was cool to see...

It WAS COOL! We stored it on TIVO.

Lots of Viggo Mortensen. :drool:

Elvis Presley said:
Damn I missed it too, I must blame my love for beer specials at the local pub. I did however just purchase the 4 disk dvd of fellowship. The special features are incredible, I still cant believe the amount of time and energy that went into making that film!!

Not to mention it came with a ticket to see Two Towers......:|

WOO HOO! Us, too!!

We've watched the extendo version twice now...it's awesome.

I cannot cannot wait until Dec 18.

They were selling advance tickets at the primo theatre here in the Burgh...but they are all sold out.

I may have to sit with the plebes if i want to see it opening day.

Hey sula -- a friend made me, I repeat MADE me, watch the LOTR DVD with him after I told him I hated the movie. I liked it better the second time because of his enthusiasm and the pausing every 10 minutes to explain everything in more detail than one girl's pretty little head can handle (he's seen it 8 times--I really can't imagine!). I just don't get fantasy films--my brain isn't programmed right. Harry Potter, I get :reject:. But I had fun watching it with him and will probably go see Two Towers. Oh, and he's in love with Viggo, too.

hey....joyful girl's almost a convert!!

i'd suggest reading the books, but there's funny little songs and things that sometimes distract you from the main storyline...however, if you really want to be able to enjoy the movies, i think reading the books is a MUST.

NZ is just too beautiful and too perfect for the setting...and the actors have done an amazing job bringing the characters to life off the page (i think tolkein already brought them to life ON the page ;) ).

So, read the books AND watch the movie AND watch it with people who love it! It's a worthwhile way to spend a few hours!

way to go, sister! See, if for no other reason than Viggo, you gotta love LOTR. ;) Tell your friend tho that he will have to fight for him. I will make some fierce competition. :D

I went to see a married couple who are both friends of mine (I actually introduced them) and are both huge fans and we spent like 10 hours watching the special edition DVD with all the extras and then the extended cut of the movie. omg! It is so much better with the stuff they put back in! And the interviews with the actors and all the attention to details that went into making the movie...really amazing. Btw, watching Viggo as himself, you gotta love the guy even more. He's very intelligent, witty and downright funny. *sigh* :heart:

Anyways, I can't wait for the next movie! woohoo! Two Towers.

HAR HAR

Joyfulgirl, that is so funny. My husband is the opposite of you. He really liked LOR, but didn't think Harry Potter made any sense.

:laugh:

Re: HAR HAR

Lemon Meringue said:
Joyfulgirl, that is so funny. My husband is the opposite of you. He really liked LOR, but didn't think Harry Potter made any sense.

:laugh:

He is obviously too smart. He needs to get in touch with his inner Harry Potter. :lol:

Yes!!

the extended DVD has hours of fun...not the wisest thing for nme to buy now around exam time but I did anyway...and watched it all.

The cast commentary is fun too.

The WETA stuff is sick...the detail in this movie...the 10's of thousands of props, armor, costumes....ALL hand made....with real forges and all. No factory belt here!

The scale stuff is cool too...how they made the hobbits small and stuff

Back
Top Bottom