Turn offs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Posters who can't respect other posters

Dishonesty

People who put themselves down constantly to the point where you cannot deal with them anymore.

Lack of manners

Bad body odor

Bad breath

Being selfish

smoking
guys who go tanning and/or have their hair professionally colored
layered polos and/or popped collars
bangs/long hair
mustache
guys w/ pecs that are insanely huge
guys that financially rely on their parents (especially if mommy pays your car insurance and/or your cell bill)

youtooellen said:

if a guy doesn't play a musical instrument :(

Gosh - you're cutting out a massive percentage of the male population there - you can appreciate music without actually being musically talented yourself. My husband can't hold a note, but knows more about music than any other guy i've ever met!!

mandy1973 said:

Gosh - you're cutting out a massive percentage of the male population there - you can appreciate music without actually being musically talented yourself. My husband can't hold a note, but knows more about music than any other guy i've ever met!!

I didn't mean for it to be so.. blunt. But I meant that I fancy a guy who's able to compose or be artistic with a musical instrument of some sort. but knowledge is so much better than ability in my opinion. :up: :yes:

so in the end, I guess I should change my turn off to, a guy who has no knowledge whatsoever about music :|.
oh geez. that'd be terrible. :sad:

fickleness/dishonesty, etc
smoking, related (drugs in general)
Someone who is unhealthy
Constant state of depressions don't work well with me
Certain kinds of immaturity
Being without any values at all

Girls that don't like physical contact, hugs, things like that.

I'm not big on physical contact with people I don't know. But if it's someone I'm really close to, I would need to have them at the very least tolerate, if not enjoy, physical exchanges. I'm not saying this in merely sexual contexts, either.

I could get nit-picky, but that's plenty for now

Liars
Cheaters
Men who can't hold down a job for less than between 1 month to a year (and that's at the least!)
Scammers
T&A Grabbers and Starers....and in public to boot!
Overall Morons and Idiots
Overall Hurting People and Animals (Physically and Harsh Words towards both Animals, Children, People of Color/Sexuality and Women!)
Guys who spend way too much time prepping themselves and trying to look pretty (I don't need that!)

people who don't have an appreciation of the arts

clingy/needy people who are heavy on
public shows of affection and dependent on others

metrosexuality

people who lack intelligence and ambition

failure to be openminded to certain things

Last edited:
People who write "U" instead of "you" and other similar attrocities.

And especially...

People who start to tell you a story about something that happened to them or one of their friends, and around two sentences in you recognize it as a cheezy old urban legend that they're trying to claim as their own.

Extra turn-off points if you bust them on it and they remain adamant that it actually happened. :down:

biggest turn off in the oppposite sex?

men who are mean, obnoxious, overly-loud(they have to be a little loud, im partially deaf)

men who are anti-social (dont want to meet other family, friends)

liars, cheaters,

guys who brag too much

men (and people in general) who smell like cigarette smoke. my daughter daisy hates the smell of smoke so if she smells it on me after i've gone out with some friends where cigarette smoke is present, she will think i've taken up smoking and start lecturing me endlessly how i will end up dying of cancer from breathing in second hand smoke if she finally understands that i wasnt the one smoking...geesh....you'd think she was my mother haha.

closedminded people.

thats all for now.

fly so high! said:

Absolutely!! I hate bird cage breath!!!!:madspit: :barf: :sick:

:lol: I don't think I've heard this phrase before but yes---definite turn off.

I've thought of more....bad grammar--spoken and written, guys who are too needy, actually needy people in general bug me, people with no sense of humor and people who can't appreciate the arts. Life without art is just sad.

beau2ifulday said:

metrosexuality

hahahaha... I hate that!!!!, I haven't met the first metrosexual but I wouldn't like to hang out with someone who spends more time in front of the mirror than me and probably will criticize my converse CT's and my little box of makeup (maybe he will have a bigger box than me :mad:).

I don't have problems with guys who smoke cigarrettes or pot (in the last case I have no right to judge :lmao:) but one thing is getting high in a party and another completely different is staying stoned all the time, running away from reality, that's a big :no: :no: for me.

rude, petty, immature people on here-and people who seem to be here just to f with others via the internet
egomaniacs
people who expect you to kiss their butt constantly
insensitive people
attention seekers
people obsessed with looks
snobs
chauvinist pigs
people who harp on certain things instead of just letting them go

People who :
are loud and obnoxious
can't respect other's opinions and views
do drugs
have bad hygene (please wear deoderant)
are too arrogant
a know it all
have no goals or ambitions
piss on the toilet seat
bad kissers - if they're a bad kisser, they're not much good at anything else :D
and of course the liar/cheater thing

show offs
snobs
greedy people
liars
lazy asses
prejudice people
anyone who will can associate themselves with one or more of the seven sins.
:down: Stay away form me:down:

beer.gif

Oh boy, here we go...big turn-offs for me include:

- overly arrogant/egotistical people (being self-confident is one thing; acting like you're better than everyone else is another.)

- people who disrespect others' opinions, especially if they treat their own opinion as the truth (e.g., "I don't like ______ so therefore it/they suck(s) and that's final!")

- narrow-mindedness/intolerance (which is, I suppose, a bit ironic, since I'm being a bit intolerant myself posting all this, aren't I? :huh: )

- smoking (although I must say, I do think the ability to blow smoke rings is pretty cool...however, not cool enough for me to be able to put up with the smell. :yuck: )

- people who use "cutesy" language when not speaking to a small child, animal, etc. (I had a high school honors chemistry teacher who insisted on calling water "wa-wa." Incredibly annoying!)

Yeah, I guess that's about it for now. :shrug:

love_u2_adam said:
guy who like to start fights:(

What about guys who end fights?
:macdevil:

To be more serious, what about guys who are willing to break up a fight, or would you rather he stay out of it?

==========
==========

Also, for a turnoff for myself.....

Completely theoretical, but.... if a girl was much colder than I am, then I don't think I could get along with her :lol:

Cabcere said:

(I had a high school honors chemistry teacher who insisted on calling water "wa-wa." Incredibly annoying!)

what the hell? :lmao:

homophobes/racists
any guy who actually thinks he's a vampire
"emo" kids
anyone that hates U2 (duh)
potheads
really stupid guys
facial hair (usually, there are some exceptions)
bald head or really short hair (again, some exceptions)
golds (WHY would you want that on your TEETH?)
severly sagging pants (I'm not really into the rapper look, but a little sagging is okay)
guys that hit on literally EVERY girl (there's flirtatious and then there's just desperate)
guys that act all nice but are actually assholes (I prefer guys that act like assholes but are nice deep down :wink: )

drugs
jocks
bad odor
bad spellers
guys who like movies like king kong or american pie
metrosexuals
guys who wear trendy clothes ex: pink shirts, popped collars etc.....
cheapstakes
not respectful towards women
being late all the time :angry:
guys who are into their car

SD's Turn Off's

1. Racist/biggoted jokes/statements
2. Mistaking machismo for masculinity
3. a pattern of indecisiveness/lack of confidence
4. not knowing or caring what's going on in the world
5. being skinnyskinny
6. no sense of SOUL
7. consistent heavy drinking or drugs
8. taking bad about exes
9. no clue what you want in life (see #3)
10. being intimidated by someone else who is ambitious, confident and successful

Back
Top Bottom