Turkey pictures available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't exactly call myself rich, but I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Turkey. I'd go back in December to see the Whirling Dervishes in Konya if I could afford it, but I can't.

Those are stunning! I love the shot of the Grand Mosque. :up: I lived in Saudi Arabia for a little while and the mosques there weren't quite so...well, grand.

i was hoping for pictures like this

turkstmp03.jpg

verte! those pics are amazing! Between your pics and trip details, Anitram's and love_u2_adam's I feel like I've seen half the world this summer! Thank you! :applaud:

Great pictures - it looks like you had a great trip.

I have to admit that I clicked on the thread with fowl in mind and wondering why anyone would dedicate a thread to a glorified feather duster :confused:

Judah said:
Beautiful stuff. Turkey: best country i've had the pleasure of visiting, with some of the nicest, most friendly people you'll ever meet.

Loved Seljuk, Ephesus, Istanbul, Capadocia...must go again.

Welcome to the club. Turkey is a country you just can't visit once. I agree about the people, they're gems. They were the thing I liked the most about the place. They did all sorts of neat little things like............I was dead tired on my feet in this little village outside of Bursa, and a lady, who, for the record, was dressed in strict Islamic clothing, carried a chair across the street, put it down and motioned for me to sit in it. I subsequently bought some of the pastries she was selling, yummy!

Beautiful photos, verte!! I am amazed by the details in the design of everything in the images, from the mosque to tilework and rugs.

For the record, I didn't take these pictures. Someone from New Zealand who was on the tour with me and is also on a listserver of people who've travelled in Turkey sent them to me after my first source of pictures fell through took them. He wouldn't let me pay him postage or anything.

Last edited:
Turkey looks like a fascinating place! I know a couple of people who adored Ephesus. Great photos :up:

:up: My friend just got back from turkey (she absolutely loves the place) so its interesting to see the places shes always talking about.

Back
Top Bottom