Tumbleweed Restaurant, Chillicothe, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the TPP explanation, Bonnie.

Yeah, plus the wet conditions, players these days never play in the wet (Very often) so the skills were always gonna be down tonight. What a crappy game. Channel 7's coverage isn't helping much. Is it just me or did they take some cameras from the MCG over to "the birds nest"

Yeah, though the Demons did seem to hold the ball better in the wet. God, what a shitty game. Why did I watch that? And yeah, the camera angles seem bloody limited.

Heh, might be worth a look on TV if I'm home.

At least Athletic Park was replaced by something not shit years ago!

I hope Taranaki win. But of course I'd say that.

This is true. Got to love the Cake Tin.

Yeah, though the Demons did seem to hold the ball better in the wet. God, what a shitty game. Why did I watch that? And yeah, the camera angles seem bloody limited.

I thought so. The camera angles were bad, well worse might be a better choice of words....

Isn't Melbourne full of Greeks though?

Yeah, and Italians too. But Daniel has a point:

Yep, I mean, World Cup 2006, I was in town, Melbourne went nuts!

Even Aussies not of Italian or Greek origin have gotten into the soccer. SBS's active promotion of the sport really does help. There'd be more of a market for live union and league if 7 and 9 gave a shit.

We're currently on top of Oceania, and the winner of Oceania plays the 5th placed Asian team for a spot in the World Cup.

Australia are a chance of being the 5th placed Asian team, too!

:lmao:

It must be noted that New Zealand scored a Soccer World Cup goal before Australia did!

... yeah, I know we suck anyway.

Yeah, and Italians too. But Daniel has a point:

Even Aussies not of Italian or Greek origin have gotten into the soccer. SBS's active promotion of the sport really does help. There'd be more of a market for live union and league if 7 and 9 gave a shit.

Can't argue that. It swept Australia and was definitely a catalyst for the success of the A-League.

And yeah, I don't understand why 7 and 9 just throw their hands up and decide it's all too much. Anything they put on is going to be womped by the AFL, why not put something on that might draw a few extra viewers?

Is that guy's name Bomber Thompson or am I just mishearing the TV?

Can't argue that. It swept Australia and was definitely a catalyst for the success of the A-League.

And yeah, I don't understand why 7 and 9 just throw their hands up and decide it's all too much. Anything they put on is going to be womped by the AFL, why not put something on that might draw a few extra viewers?

I think it's just that 7 and 9 are lazy and care more about money than what they broadcast. Look at AFL coverage in NSW and QLD. It's often been shit, though has improved in the last few years. 7 and 9 just want to show what already has the ratings, not make an effort to spread it to new markets. Wankers.

Oh great, we're gonna have to put up with two weeks of that announcement that was just on before the coverage of the opening ceremony started.....:sigh:

Thats his nickname, cause he used to play for Essendon.

Ooh, gotcha. When I heard it, my second thought after wondering if I was mishearing it was "why the fuck is he not playing for the Bombers?"

Oh great, we're gonna have to put up with two weeks of that announcement that was just on before the coverage of the opening ceremony started.....:sigh:

That was irritating. And does ANYBODY buy ANYTHING simply because they hear Panasonic or whoever is the "broadcast partner"? If they do, they're a fucking fool.

GO AWAY, MATTHEW WHITE.

And haha, a worldwide viewership of 3 billion? Yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom