Tumbleweed Restaurant, Chillicothe, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you all watching the train crash again?

:lol:

I'm getting food, by which I mean toast, since anything else seems too much effort.

Fuck, I can't believe I've used all the napoli sauces and minestrone servings and stuff that I had in storage.

They're playing Manly. They're up 10-6 at halftime, completely against the run of play.

They scored a brilliant try right on halftime from their own half.

Ah, right. Manly's in the top two then? Wow.

Geelong's up 105-10 now. I can't read the score this far away as the type's so small, but I think that's what the commentators said. The Cats are playing like shit too!

And now the margin's over a hundred. 111-10 halfway through the third quarter.

Holy shit.

Ah, right. Manly's in the top two then? Wow.

Geelong's up 105-10 now. I can't read the score this far away as the type's so small, but I think that's what the commentators said. The Cats are playing like shit too!

Manly currently hold first place, in fact!

And holy shit. It sounds like a very mismatched Under 10s game.

Haha, what a rushed behind!

Bonnie, you still around and watching this?

Manly currently hold first place, in fact!

And holy shit. It sounds like a very mismatched Under 10s game.

Huh, really? I had no idea Manly were that good at the moment.

And wow, great and odd goal by the Demons just then, thanks to the Cats' handling sucking so much. 111-18 now.

They've done it quietly this year....and they just scored too. 16-10.

This VFL score disappoints me.

Ah, right. I thought they were one of the dodgier teams. Have they been improving of late, or is my miniscule league knowledge inaccurate?

118-18 now. I don't know why I'm watching but it's something to do.

Ah, right. I thought they were one of the dodgier teams. Have they been improving of late, or is my miniscule league knowledge inaccurate?

118-18 now. I don't know why I'm watching but it's something to do.

They're a financial basketcase and play out of a tip. But they've been alright on-field in the last two years.

That game sounds like it's past the point where you watch to see how much of a hiding it is, if both teams are playing poorly.

They're a financial basketcase and play out of a tip. But they've been alright on-field in the last two years.

That game sounds like it's past the point where you watch to see how much of a hiding it is, if both teams are playing poorly.

:lol: They've got some good players who haven't been lured away by $$$ or something?

Well, here's the weird part: the Demons are now playing better than the Cats! The Cats are just SHIT, but the Demons cannot figure out how to score goals when they get close. God, the Cats' handling is dire.

Hahaha, Carlton Draught is probably a shit beer, but they have great ads. :laugh:

Their owner is a millionaire, I think, so they have the money to buy good players and survive day to day, but at Brookvale Oval they have no future, without huge changes to the ground.

Sounds a bit like Chelsea FC Syndrome ...

Sounds a bit like Chelsea FC Syndrome ...

Except Chelsea have Stamford Bridge, Manly have some little suburban piece of crap that wouldn't look out of place in the Air NZ Cup.

If they could get the funds to turn Brookvale into a 25,000 all-seat stadium, they're set.

I mean, they basically own North Sydney, so they really should be drawing better crowds than they are. I guess people don't want to pay to watch good football at a crappy venue.

Bonnie, do you know what the hell TPP is? The commentator just said that Melbourne "can afford to cut back on their TPP" after discussing a financial injection they had earlier this week.

Except Chelsea have Stamford Bridge, Manly have some little suburban piece of crap that wouldn't look out of place in the Air NZ Cup.

If they could get the funds to turn Brookvale into a 25,000 all-seat stadium, they're set.

I mean, they basically own North Sydney, so they really should be drawing better crowds than they are. I guess people don't want to pay to watch good football at a crappy venue.

Ah, good point. God, how about that first week's results in the NPC too? I mean, how the fuck did Manawatu beat Canterbury? That made me laugh heartily. And Auckland going down to Manukau amused me too.

What's wrong with the stadium? Just old and shit, and the size of something you'd expect in Oamaru?

OH MY GOD, WHAT A FLUKE GOAL TO THE DEMONS. Woah.

Also, Ian, given this game is such a waste, I'd totally check out the league game you're watching, but it's on delay here. YES, A GAME FEATURING THE STORM IN A TOP TWO CLASH IS ON DELAY IN MELBOURNE.

If it's not AFL, fuck it, apparently.

Ah, good point. God, how about that first week's results in the NPC too? I mean, how the fuck did Manawatu beat Canterbury? That made me laugh heartily. And Auckland going down to Manukau amused me too.

What's wrong with the stadium? Just old and shit, and the size of something you'd expect in Oamaru?

Tasman beat Waikato tonight, too. On a similar note, I'm glad to get Counties out of Mt Smart Stadium. Rugby absolutely ruined the pitch!

The stadium has a couple of small, odd, 1970s style grandstands and a grass (see: mud in winter) hill around half of the ground. Like I said, a 25,000 all-seater stadium would suit them perfectly, but since there isn't space at Brookvale Oval (I believe), they've really got no future there.

Tasman beat Waikato tonight, too. On a similar note, I'm glad to get Counties out of Mt Smart Stadium. Rugby absolutely ruined the pitch!

The stadium has a couple of small, odd, 1970s style grandstands and a grass (see: mud in winter) hill around half of the ground. Like I said, a 25,000 all-seater stadium would suit them perfectly, but since there isn't space at Brookvale Oval (I believe), they've really got no future there.

:lol: But what's Auckland doing now that Eden Park's out of action?

Ahh, right. Any plans to move to a new site?

OH MY GOD, WHAT A FLUKE GOAL TO THE DEMONS. Woah.

Also, Ian, given this game is such a waste, I'd totally check out the league game you're watching, but it's on delay here. YES, A GAME FEATURING THE STORM IN A TOP TWO CLASH IS ON DELAY IN MELBOURNE.

If it's not AFL, fuck it, apparently.

Channel 9 are legendary for screwing league in Melbourne (well, league in general outside of Sydney). The Storm used the media to try to get it broadcast live, but Channel 9 ignored them. It doesn't help that the NRL is spineless - part of the TV deal is that if 9 won't show the game at a reasonable hour it can be shown on ABC or SBS, but they've yet to enforce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom