Tumbleweed Restaurant, Chillicothe, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to overshare? :wink:
Why the hell not?

I'm just gonna paraphrase our text message conversation:

Me(pretending to be drunk): Hi. I had a random urge I was going to share but now I've chickened out.
Derek: What urge?
Me: My friends are telling me I shouldn't tell you. I'm not drunk enough to ignore them yet.
Derek: ha
Me: For the record, you would have liked it.
Derek: Too bad I'll never know then
Me: ah the hell with them. I decided I wanted to blow you an hour ago.
Derek: You wanted to blow me
Me: Well, now it's not sounding like a good idea
Derek: ouch
Me: I mean, hell, I still want to. Just my friends are still trying to talk me out of it
Derek: out of wanting to?
Me: out of telling you I want to. too late for that now haha

no reply after that....

I'm thinking of texting him this arvo and saying "We had an interesting conversation last night." then tell him the offer still stands :shifty:

Hell bent on ruining our friendship, I am.

:lol: I wonder how he'll respond to that! Surprised he hasn't jumped at it already, heh.

And I'm far too unwell to stay up. I think I better go to bed. Well, watch the rest of the Opening Ceremony from the couch, where I've set up a bed, since in my unwellness I'd rather sleep in the heated lounge than my cold bedroom.

Have a good one, Reggo and anybody who may be lurkihng! :wave:

And I'm far too unwell to stay up. I think I better go to bed. Well, watch the rest of the Opening Ceremony from the couch, where I've set up a bed, since in my unwellness I'd rather sleep in the heated lounge than my cold bedroom.

Have a good one, Reggo and anybody who may be lurkihng! :wave:
Hi Ax! :wave:
Good night, Ax. Feel better! :wave:

Looks as though this thread title is rather fitting!

Though it took me THIS long to realise it's in Ohio. Or Ohioi. :wink:

Oh, you know!

In this town. In Beijing, sort of - watching the Olympics stuff and all, although I have more or less no interest in the games.

I never could watch the Olympics. I have a friend who is really into them and I just don't see the big fuss. But then again, not a big fan of that kinda thing.

Also, I finally stated drawing something yesterday! :hyper:

And mind the slow replies, I am milling about, fixing my breakfast lunch. :wink:

I never could watch the Olympics. I have a friend who is really into them and I just don't see the big fuss. But then again, not a big fan of that kinda thing.

Also, I finally stated drawing something yesterday! :hyper:

And mind the slow replies, I am milling about, fixing my breakfast lunch. :wink:

Yeah, well I do have some fairly fond memories of the Olympics (like getting out of class to watch the Atlanta games) but since I'm not especially patriotic, I don't find myself rooting for Australia, and I guess that just defeats the whole purpose of it all. I'd just rather support a country of my heritage, which is difficult when that country is so small and essentially part of the UK so there are probably no athletes from there. :grumpy: I suppose I'll watch a bit, but I never really got the whole revival of the Olympic games, I don't understand why they no longer honour Zeus, for one thing.

Great, great! What was it? :hyper:

Hey, no worries (and I'm usually in that same breakfast/lunch position). I should go to bed soon, anyway. I was meant to be doing something social tonight, but that's been delayed for tomorrow night, not my fault, rather the disorganisation of one of my friends.

Yeah, well I do have some fairly fond memories of the Olympics (like getting out of class to watch the Atlanta games) but since I'm not especially patriotic, I don't find myself rooting for Australia, and I guess that just defeats the whole purpose of it all. I'd just rather support a country of my heritage, which is difficult when that country is so small and essentially part of the UK so there are probably no athletes from there. :grumpy: I suppose I'll watch a bit, but I never really got the whole revival of the Olympic games, I don't understand why they no longer honour Zeus, for one thing.

Great, great! What was it? :hyper:

Hey, no worries (and I'm usually in that same breakfast/lunch position). I should go to bed soon, anyway. I was meant to be doing something social tonight, but that's been delayed for tomorrow night, not my fault, rather the disorganisation of one of my friends.
Heh, who is patriotic these days? :wink:
We used to have to sit through some of it in French class though. Wasn't too awful, but I think I could find something better on. :lol:

I took one of those cards out of my brother's Yu-Gi-Oh collection and started drawing it! It's a really complicated, small picture. I figure it's good for a challenge. I was gonna do something from Dragon Ball Z, but the last time I drew something from that, I ended up getting done with it in 10 minutes, coloured it and it wound up looking like a colour print out! :ohmy:
So in short, I wanted something difficult!

My hash brown got messed up. :grumpy: Oh well, I went and made another one.
Gotta love disorganised friends! :lol:

Heh, who is patriotic these days? :wink:
We used to have to sit through some of it in French class though. Wasn't too awful, but I think I could find something better on. :lol:

I took one of those cards out of my brother's Yu-Gi-Oh collection and started drawing it! It's a really complicated, small picture. I figure it's good for a challenge. I was gonna do something from Dragon Ball Z, but the last time I drew something from that, I ended up getting done with it in 10 minutes, coloured it and it wound up looking like a colour print out! :ohmy:
So in short, I wanted something difficult!

My hash brown got messed up. :grumpy: Oh well, I went and made another one.
Gotta love disorganised friends! :lol:

Haha, true - and I bet I probably wouldn't be patriotic if I belonged to any country, but I don't know, I'm very nitpicky with Australia. Axver would have creamed if he saw the New Zealand costumes, though... just saying. :lol:

Oh, that would have been a cool idea. I know nothing of Yu-gi-oh, but I seem to recall some of the characters having decent designs. In the same vein, I used to draw Digimon - however, that was just a phase and will never be mentioned of again.

Akira Toriyama is probably my favourite manga artist, even if it can be pretty easy duplicating his style. Best to develop your own though, of course - and please, if you find a camera or something, I'd really like to see the art sometime!

Hash browns. :drool: You lucky. Maybe I'll heat up some palak paneer before I go to bed... I had the nicest one EVER tonight.

You like disorganised friends? Have mine. :wink:

Haha, true - and I bet I probably wouldn't be patriotic if I belonged to any country, but I don't know, I'm very nitpicky with Australia. Axver would have creamed if he saw the New Zealand costumes, though... just saying. :lol:

Oh, that would have been a cool idea. I know nothing of Yu-gi-oh, but I seem to recall some of the characters having decent designs. In the same vein, I used to draw Digimon - however, that was just a phase and will never be mentioned of again.

Akira Toriyama is probably my favourite manga artist, even if it can be pretty easy duplicating his style. Best to develop your own though, of course - and please, if you find a camera or something, I'd really like to see the art sometime!

Hash browns. :drool: You lucky. Maybe I'll heat up some palak paneer before I go to bed... I had the nicest one EVER tonight.

You like disorganised friends? Have mine. :wink:

So are you originally from Australia?
He probably would have, but then again, we're talking about the guy does the same over trains and setlists. :lol:

I don't know too much about it. When it first came out, it was interesting to draw, for sure. It was around when I was into drawing really heavily, so I had a tendency of swiping my brother's cards to draw them. :laugh:
I will see if I can't take a pic of something I've done, mind you the quality may look a little shit - of the photo, that is.

We had some stashed away in our freezer. I heated two of them up but one of them gt stuck and fell completely apart and I barely got the other one off the damn plate! So I made another and had the same problem! :scream:
Oh well, I am done with that. Now onto the German Chocolate cake. :drool: I am starving this morning!

Haha, no thanks, I've got one disorganised friend that equals about ten!

So are you originally from Australia?
He probably would have, but then again, we're talking about the guy does the same over trains and setlists. :lol:

I don't know too much about it. When it first came out, it was interesting to draw, for sure. It was around when I was into drawing really heavily, so I had a tendency of swiping my brother's cards to draw them. :laugh:
I will see if I can't take a pic of something I've done, mind you the quality may look a little shit - of the photo, that is.

We had some stashed away in our freezer. I heated two of them up but one of them gt stuck and fell completely apart and I barely got the other one off the damn plate! So I made another and had the same problem! :scream:
Oh well, I am done with that. Now onto the German Chocolate cake. :drool: I am starving this morning!

Haha, no thanks, I've got one disorganised friend that equals about ten!

Yeah, I was born here, but my father's side of the family moved here from the Isle of Man in the late 19th century, also of Spanish and Jewish heritage from that side. My mother's is mainly English and Irish, standard fare - some Portuguese. So yes, like a lot of Australians I'm a Western European mutt.

These costumes though, all black and with massive silver ferns... I bet he dreams of owning shirts like that every night. :lol: Gotta say, they were better than the Aussie costumes at least!

Cool, I don't have a problem if the picture is too low quality, I can expect that - I had to go through with that when my scanner wasn't working, anyway! I won't judge an artist by something like that.

Heh, I usually just get my hash browns from McDonald's, since it's pretty much the only thing I can eat there, other than poorly prepared fruit salads they keep in the fridge for five days. They're so nice though, I should probably pick up some frozen ones. Chocolate cake? Interesting choice for the time of the day... I usually just go for some vegemite toast!

You and me both. :up:

Yeah, I was born here, but my father's side of the family moved here from the Isle of Man in the late 19th century, also of Spanish and Jewish heritage from that side. My mother's is mainly English and Irish, standard fare - some Portuguese. So yes, like a lot of Australians I'm a Western European mutt.

These costumes though, all black and with massive silver ferns... I bet he dreams of owning shirts like that every night. :lol: Gotta say, they were better than the Aussie costumes at least!

Cool, I don't have a problem if the picture is too low quality, I can expect that - I had to go through with that when my scanner wasn't working, anyway! I won't judge an artist by something like that.

Heh, I usually just get my hash browns from McDonald's, since it's pretty much the only thing I can eat there, other than poorly prepared fruit salads they keep in the fridge for five days. They're so nice though, I should probably pick up some frozen ones. Chocolate cake? Interesting choice for the time of the day... I usually just go for some vegemite toast!

You and me both. :up:
Ah, right! I'm mostly English, Irish, Italian with a little bit of German. But I'm American, obviously. :down:

Oh it's just a random snap taken with my webcam because I don't have a camera OR a scanner! You can get the basic idea from it though.
Took me a minute, but Here it is.

McDonald's Hash Browns are orgasmic. I always have loved those things. The only things I can really eat from there are the actual salads, like the Caesar one, the fruit salad is pretty good and I like their Bacon McGriddle! But that is about as far as I go with that! Generally when I eat somewhere that isn't home, it's Chinese food! I live right down the street from a fairly nice Chinese restaurant. They have a killer lunch special. They give a deal that's something like $5 for this big container of whatever meal that is available on the special that you ordered. My favourite is the Sesame Chicken. Well anyway, they give you so damn much, you can eat from it 2-3 times depending on your appetite! That's lunch and dinner for me, usually!
Haha, yeah, chocolate cake. I was still a bit hungry after eating my breakfast, so I got a slice of that cake that my step-mum made the other night. It's delicious. :drool:

Ah, right! I'm mostly English, Irish, Italian with a little bit of German. But I'm American, obviously. :down:

Oh it's just a random snap taken with my webcam because I don't have a camera OR a scanner! You can get the basic idea from it though.
Took me a minute, but Here it is.

McDonald's Hash Browns are orgasmic. I always have loved those things. The only things I can really eat from there are the actual salads, like the Caesar one, the fruit salad is pretty good and I like their Bacon McGriddle! But that is about as far as I go with that! Generally when I eat somewhere that isn't home, it's Chinese food! I live right down the street from a fairly nice Chinese restaurant. They have a killer lunch special. They give a deal that's something like $5 for this big container of whatever meal that is available on the special that you ordered. My favourite is the Sesame Chicken. Well anyway, they give you so damn much, you can eat from it 2-3 times depending on your appetite! That's lunch and dinner for me, usually!
Haha, yeah, chocolate cake. I was still a bit hungry after eating my breakfast, so I got a slice of that cake that my step-mum made the other night. It's delicious. :drool:

Ah, cool. :up: I don't know the whole story of my heritage, although my dad and uncle look like a stereotypical Greeks or Italians. :lol:

That's really, really awesome. Even if you were copying the picture, you've got a great idea of where shadows and lighting go, and even though I have no idea what you're drawing, it looks as if it'd be very close to the original - nice job indeed! :up:

Yeah, if I'm on the run in the morning I like to grab a hash brown, and apparently it's cooked in vegetable oil, so that's all good. What's the Bacon McGriddle? We don't have those over here, as far as I can tell. I did love bacon and egg McMuffins when I was younger, too - although I think mainly for that Old English cheese.

That sounds pretty similar to the Indian place I got tea from tonight - they give you this massive platter for just eight dollars! Whenever we order, we get extra stuff to keep in the freezer for a while. They make excellent palak paneer, dal and aloo gobi, the palak paneer tonight was especially drool-worthy. :drool: As far as Chinese goes, I don't know so many vegetarian options for it, although a good spring roll and special fried rice is always a treat, even with simplistic ingredients. And from memory, they make the best prawn meals too.

I guess if it's just hanging around in the fridge or something, that's all good! I can only eat cake on a really special occasion, it's too rich for me. :lol: Though this discussion makes me hungry...

Ah, cool. :up: I don't know the whole story of my heritage, although my dad and uncle look like a stereotypical Greeks or Italians. :lol:

That's really, really awesome. Even if you were copying the picture, you've got a great idea of where shadows and lighting go, and even though I have no idea what you're drawing, it looks as if it'd be very close to the original - nice job indeed! :up:

Yeah, if I'm on the run in the morning I like to grab a hash brown, and apparently it's cooked in vegetable oil, so that's all good. What's the Bacon McGriddle? We don't have those over here, as far as I can tell. I did love bacon and egg McMuffins when I was younger, too - although I think mainly for that Old English cheese.

That sounds pretty similar to the Indian place I got tea from tonight - they give you this massive platter for just eight dollars! Whenever we order, we get extra stuff to keep in the freezer for a while. They make excellent palak paneer, dal and aloo gobi, the palak paneer tonight was especially drool-worthy. :drool: As far as Chinese goes, I don't know so many vegetarian options for it, although a good spring roll and special fried rice is always a treat, even with simplistic ingredients. And from memory, they make the best prawn meals too.

I guess if it's just hanging around in the fridge or something, that's all good! I can only eat cake on a really special occasion, it's too rich for me. :lol: Though this discussion makes me hungry...
:lol: My grandparents' families came to America sometime early on in the last Century, I believe. I know I am mostly Irish, have a lot of Italian and English. Not sure where the dash of German is from though. :hmm:

Heh, thanks. I'm no good at drawing stuff on my own yet. I mostly just replicate pre-existing animation and stuff like that. I tried quite a lot to do my own thing but it always ended in disaster. :| I am sure if I work on it, I can make something of it. Am trying to draw real people too. Gonna give one of the pictures from my remastered JT thing a try, I think!

It's basically like an egg McMuffin except that the muffin is pancake griddles wth maple syrup inside! They are really good. Bacon is about the only thing I'll eat in the way of pork, so it's a good option for me. :up: You can only get Bacon or Sausage though.

I've never really had Indian food. And as far as Chinese goes, I really don't know about many vegetarian options for it. Since I eat very little meat, the majority of which being chicken, it is fairly easy for me to eat. I think they have a few dishes though they are just like noodles and veggies, or something like that. I've never really eaten much that wasn't chicken from Chinese restaurants! I like the Egg Rolls too.

I am not a very frequent eater of cake, myself. Typically, I can't have too much sugar, so if it's too sugary, it tends to be a disaster for me. I always wind up feeling like I've got a hangover without all the fun!
Speaking of hangovers, did you hear about how trashed I was Monday night? I had a fucking marching band going in my head the entire next day. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom