Trout Mask Replica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Trout_Mask_Replica.jpg

Discuss.

Weirdest record ever made? I have no idea what to think of this thing. Honestly, I've never even made it all the way through in two attempts.

Hardly the weirdest record ever made, but definitely one of the more interesting mainstream-straddling ones which I've ever heard. Like many of the off-center classics of this period (records by Zappa/Mothers, Love, The Small Faces, The Kinks, The Zombies, and many, many, many others spring to mind), I don't understand the unimpeachable status which this record has attained, but I definitely think that it's pretty good and that it's very important, if for no other reason that how many people were inspired to start branching out and trying new things, after hearing it. Not one of my personal classics, but I'd definitely put it on a "Ten Records You Must Hear From The Decade" list. Good stuff, though I don't think it's the greatest. Go to The Velvets, for the real God-like musical achievements of this era.

can't say I listen to it all that often
but it's a great album

you can sense some sort of purpose in every guitar line, every bang on the drum and every word sung/howled/uttered

if you feel you can't stomach the whole thing then listen to songs like Moonlight on Vermont, Dachau Blues, My human gets me blues, Sugar 'n spikes, Wild life and Ant man bee a couple of tume to get into it :up:

LemonMelon said:
Weirdest record ever made?

Anything that has a Frank Zappa connection is weird in my book.
This is why I'm guessing Slomey has never listened to this album while I've been around the 2.5 years we've lived together. :D

oh my golly
I forgot the brilliance of "Pachuco Cadaver"
and how much "Ella Guru"makes me laugh :D

its'a great album
not as good as Burnt Weeny Sandwich, One size fits all or Läther though :drool: :drool: :drool:

Weasels ripped my flesh, You are what you and Make a jazz noise here also are mighty yummy

I love me some Zappa :up:

Re: Re: Re: Trout Mask Replica

LemonMelon said:
:up: That's a good album.

I don't think I've been subjected to that album either. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trout Mask Replica

Lara Mullen said:

I don't think I've been subjected to that album either. :D

It's nothing to be subjected to. Just great funky jazz-rock with quirky lyrics. Very enjoyable. :up:

Back
Top Bottom