Tri-Nations and Bledisloe Cup Rugby is fast approaching!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You 're not doing your job Axver.

AFRIQUE DU SUD - AUSTRALIE 22 - 16

AFRIQUE DU SUD - NOUVELLE-ZELANDE 22 - 16

AUSTRALIE - NOUVELLE-ZELANDE 13 - 30

AUSTRALIE c. AFRIQUE DU SUD

NOUVELLE-ZELANDE c. AFRIQUE DU SUD

NOUVELLE-ZELANDE c. AUSTRALIE

Classement
1 . AFRIQUE DU SUD 8
2 . NOUVELLE-ZELANDE 5
3 . AUSTRALIE 1

Last edited:
Ah, time to thrash the Wallabies again. HIER KOM DIE BOKKE! Bakkies, Monty, Pretoors...I'm counting on you!

rugby.gif
rugby.gif
rugby.gif
rugby.gif
rugby.gif
rugby.gif

Must stay offline after the game's done, lest I ruin it. Stupid Fox Sports World. :grumpy: If this was back home, next week I'd be parked off in the lounge with a bag of biltong by my side and SuperSport on the TV! But no, I'm forced to watch this Canadian shit of a sports network that's NEVER LIVE! :banghead:

Nee man, nommer EEN! EEN, EK SÊ! ;) (Oh alright, second's good enough!) Fok Gregan op die poephol! Fokkin' Aussie doos...

timothius said:

:lol: I didn't know that one, but I gather what it means! :lmao:

If the mods only knew what we were saying we would both be banned. :happy:

That's the beauty of knowing other languages. :happy: Hee, maybe we should tone it down a little. That comment of mine you quoted was quite rude! :lol: Not that the bugger doesn't deserve it, of course... :mad:

:lol:

This is my favourite thread on interference for many reasons. :yes:

Too add to the hillariouty... a snippet from NZ's grand overlord...

even New Zealand coach Graham Henry knows when the Wallabies' armour is fragile, making the wisecrack about next Saturday's Subiaco Oval match: "Who's home game is that?"

GibsonGirl and anyone else who doesn't want to know the result, look away now!

I mean it!

No peeking at the score! You know you want to wait for the broadcast!

South Africa 22 - 19 Australia

My assessment: South Africa very nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. They came so close to throwing this game away. It's as if Percy Montgomery hadn't even warmed up and blew eight points early on, and then they bungled at least two certain tries. They're damn lucky they have Habana - two AWESOME tries from him. Both sides were unimpressive on the handling front and I must say neither side impressed me.

Let's just hope this bodes well for New Zealand ...

:lol: FOUR LOSSES IN A ROW FOR AUSTRALIA! :lol:

:shame: GibsonGirl!

When are you getting a broadcast?

And Tim, at least South Africa didn't get a bonus point! Goodness, this makes the Tri-Nations tense for us.

To be fair though it must be very difficult to hang out until Tuesday or Wendsday or whatever it is.

I struggled to hang on until Sunday Morning for South African/New Zealand games before we had Foxtel... :shrug:

Let's celebrate Eddie Jones' immenant sacking! :hyper:

Axver said:
:shame: GibsonGirl!

When are you getting a broadcast?

It comes on tonight for the first time at 3:30 AM. :grumpy: On tomorrow at 10:00 PM as well, so I'll have to watch it then.

I swear, when I move to the US in five years or so (how similar are US and Canadian networks, is there much crossover?), there better bloody well be live rugby for me. I will pay good money to see the All Blacks live. Even if it means getting up at 2:30am in the morning and waking the neighbourhood with my gloriously bad rendition of God Defend New Zealand.

But Axver you didn't even watch our first test. :wink:

I know you can watch them live because your favourite Kiwi gets them beamed live to wherever he is, on set or what not. So it can be done.

Axver said:
I swear, when I move to the US in five years or so (how similar are US and Canadian networks, is there much crossover?), there better bloody well be live rugby for me. I will pay good money to see the All Blacks live. Even if it means getting up at 2:30am in the morning and waking the neighbourhood with my gloriously bad rendition of God Defend New Zealand.

I'm not sure about the different networks...I think there's just a plain old Fox Sports World for America. How similar it is to Fox Sports World Canada, I don't know. But they probably get all the rugby live, because the Yanks get everything. :mad: :wink: It's very rare to see a live rugby game on FSWC, but you get ALL the live English Premiership League you want. And when Liverpool's not playing, that really isn't of any use to me. :mad:

*kicks TV*

But I suppose it's better than getting no rugby at all.

Well, here's hoping that it doesn't cost too much ...! Maybe in five years, the US will be converted to rugby and stop playing their stupid-twit sports? :wink:

BIG GAME TODAY!!!

Come on, New Zealand! South Africa have never won at the House Of Pain before and let's hope that doesn't change.

And GibsonGirl, I'm going to be posting the score here, and you better not peek! Or I'll ... I'll ... I won't upload any more music goodness! :evil:

Oh bugger. :( You have no idea how hard it is not to peek! It's like...being forced to sit through Good Charlotte, or something. And I suppose I'll have to wait another week before I can actually see the stupid game on TV, too. :mad:

COME ON, SPRINGBOKS! GIVE THOSE KIWIS A BLOODY GOOD KLAP! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I just checked the TV listings. :grumpy: For the next three days, there's English Football...Aussie Rules Football...UCLAWHATEVERTHEHELLITIS Soccer...more Aussie Rules Football...the measly 30 minute long Cricket World...even more Aussie Effin' Rules Football...AND NO RUGBY.

I'm going to start sending rude emails now. :mad: This is just not on!

:mad:

Why the fuck would they broadcast Aussie Rules when barely anyone outside of Victoria/South Australia even gives a shit?

In that case, I'll take away my peeking threat. :)

Draft Post for later this evening:

Hard luck and commiserations to my Afrikaaner friends. A gallant effort by all men involved (the use of the term men naturally discludes Percy). Maybe next time. God bless Henry, God bless Tana. :bow:

At least you beat Australia.

Looking forward to seeing the final copy of that post, Tim! :up:

Don't want to know the result? Stop reading now. I mean it!

I would like to say that is one of the single best games of rugby I have seen in my life, featuring the two best teams in the world at the moment. Shame about Mr Frenchie the ref (maybe he still holds a grudge over Mururoa?), but seven exceptional tries made that game a true standout. If you like gridiron and you'd seen that game, your mind would've been blown by how fucking better rugby is. Best game of the year, certainly.

THE SCORE!

New Zealand 31 - 27 South Africa

South Africa: 13
New Zealand: 10
Australia: 2 :lol:

If New Zealand defeats an injury-ravaged but fighting-for-pride Australian team next week, we will raise the Tri-Nations Cup!

Hard luck and commiserations to my Afrikaaner friends. A gallant effort by all men involved (the use of the term men naturally discludes Percy). Maybe next time. God bless Henry, God bless Tana. :bow:

At least you beat Australia.

God bless Tana?

Geez, I think even God was scared by Tana's ferocious and awesome new Haka!

Oh I know... the new Haka freaked the shit out of me. It really, really messed me up. I mean we have taken that Haka for granted since we both started rugby, hey... the only change was in arm actions the first two lines in '99. That one is really going to take some getting used to.

I'm almost inclined to analyze it as a piece of music... far less poppy than the previous work, deep, layered a classic for years to come. :wink:

I was sitting there thinking "WTF is this?" and then just watched in fearful awe. Tana leading that Haka ... I have never before seen anything like that in my life. Now, you and I, we've seen some mighty Hakas over the years, but my goodness, that inspired absolute terror!

Best Haka I have ever seen. It's going to take some topping. I need a video of that!

I just hope they do it again against Australia. I'm sure the Aussies are already scared, what with half their starting team out with injury - that Haka might just cause them to turn around and run back to the hotel to hide under their beds!

Back
Top Bottom