Trekkers, Over Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I would consider myself an x-trekker... I think my interest died after DS9 was over.

Anyhow... this thread is dedicated to the scifi geeks, aka Trekkers, or its nerdier moniker Trekkies...

I'll start... with the topics of Star Trek movies...

Best movie :up: : ST:VI -- Best Star Trek conception that is in accordance to the ST universe, AND pretty good s/fx.

Worst movie :down: : ST: Nemesis ... :angry: don't get me started... I can point countless of story flaws in this movie...

For example, :rant:
1.) Wesley Crusher (though I hear Wil Wheaton wanted in on the movie) is supposed to be with the TRAVELER!!! :mad: Yeah, you trekkeries know what I'm talking about... No Vulcan-logic could let him back in the storyline.

2.) Enterprise-E doesn't have photon torpedoes (as when Capt. Picard ordered in the battle scenes... ) The ship has QUANTUM torpedoes, wherein First Contact movie has mentioned.

Anyone else want to add...? :cool:

i watched deep space nine when i was in 3rd and 4th grade. i got bored with it, and didn't like the original series that was in re-runs on the sci-fi channel, or the next generation. haven't watched anything star trek related since 5th grade or so. don't miss it either.

oh wait, i did rent an episode of deep space nine about a year ago...it was a two-parter where the station's head doctor (who's name escapes me now, even though he used to be my favourite character) and the commander got stuck on earth in the middle of a really hellish mess...i didn't see the end of it when it aired on tv cos i had stopped watching it regularly at that point. i used to get annoyed when my mom would say it was really predictable, but being just a little older now, the show looked terribly predictable and insanly boring. i have no idea why i liked it when i was little.

Last edited:
Nemesis was disappointing
My personal favorite was First Contact...
A few of my friends and I definately sat in the dining hall talking about Star Trek for like 2 hours the other day... :reject:
though soulfulmofo, I think you qualify as a bigger trekkie than I :)

ooooh I can tell the story of my Dad and Jonathan Frakes here!
See, my dad had an R and B band, and they were having a convention in South Bend. So Jonathan Frakes was there and he wants to go to a bar and hear some good music, and he ends up in the bar my dad's band was playing?
We have extremely drunken pictures.
He also spelled my name wrong in the autograph :mad:

I stopped watching after Voyager. Enterprise didn't interest me. It was going to be the same thing all over again. I think they need to give Star Trek a break. :yes:

I think the Wrath of Khan was the best movie. They actually had starship battles!

Haven't seen Nemesis yet. Not to good eh?

Yeah, I haven't been too interested in Enterprise either. I started watching it, but then I stopped watching it mainly cuz I worked evenings, but I didn't even make an effort to keep up with it cuz it kinda bored me.

Next Gen. and DS9 are my favorite treks.

Kristie said:
though soulfulmofo, I think you qualify as a bigger trekkie than I :)

:shifty: I have no idea what you're talking about.
*Hides Star Trek manuals and encyclopedia:eeklaugh:

ooooh I can tell the story of my Dad and Jonathan Frakes here!
See, my dad had an R and B band, and they were having a convention in South Bend. So Jonathan Frakes was there and he wants to go to a bar and hear some good music, and he ends up in the bar my dad's band was playing?
We have extremely drunken pictures.
He also spelled my name wrong in the autograph :mad:

:der: Did he offer to join in and play the trombone?

I'm not a Star Trek fan at all but my friend is a huge fan, especially of Enterprise. We can't ever go out on Wednesday nites cuz Enterprise is on and then she goes on a chat room with other friends. Even if it's a rerun.

For a summer road trip, I suggested we go to see the U2 stuff at the R & R hall of fame. She found out that towards the end of the summer there is going to be a Star Trek convention in Cleveland and some of the cast of Enterprise will also be there. We're going to go to Cleveland for both. I don't know how I feel about it. The tickets were a lot of money and I told her I would only pay for half and she had to pay for the other half. I felt I couldn't say no because she was going to come with me to the hall of fame before she even knew about the convention.

Has anyone ever been to a Star Trek convention? What should I expect? I know a little bit about the shows but not a whole lot. It's not something that's ever interested me.

Ex-Jedi? Whadya do, go to the dark side, yertle? :p

I'm not huge into ST, but Voyager is the one I've liked the most. I borderline can't stand the original series.

I enjoyed all the series...voyager the least...DS9 the most. I can't really get into Enterprise, but from what I've seen it's pretty good. I really liked the last episode. It was sort of an omage to "The Undiscovered Country", so it was cool in my books.

Fav Movie: Tie between Star Trek: VI, and Star Trek: II

The next gen movies are alright, haven't seen Nemesis yet.

SoulMofo, I think you're looking too much into the movie for a way out of being a trekkie.

I used to watch The Next Generation everyday when I was a kid...

One of my friends was huge into Voyager last year. I mean HUGE. He made me watch one. It was okay. Mind you, it was also 4am, so I was pretty out of it...

ST = Sweetest Thing OR Star Trek...conicidence? I think so..:eyebrow:

I watched TNG religiously when it was on. It got better with every season. DS9 was alright, though a clear notch down from TNG in my book. Voyager...meh, s'ok I guess, I just never really got into it. I've watched a couple episodes of Enterprise and haven't really been impressed. It's too clear cut. They might as well just flash a sign that reads "Warning: Morality Lesson Ahead" because it seems they go out of their way to make their point crystal clear. Voyager also suffered a bit from that one (although in a way all Star Trek series have).

Also, though they're not bad on the eyes, T'Pol (vulcan woman crewmember) from Enterprise and 7 of 9 from Voyager are clearly on the show for their looks alone. You can almost hear the cogs turning for Voyager's writers: "hmmm....ratings are down....let's throw in a hot blonde chick! Yeah!!" ;)

Last edited:
Lol Diemen, I'm sure it was more than partly intentional to have a Human's ideal of an extremely beautiful woman as someone who was once part of the collective. Irony or something. lol.

yeah way back in grade school i was kinda big into the whole trek thing. then i discovered a show called babylon 5 which i believe to be one of the finest ever examples of television.. a 5 year story on tv whose plot was drawn up from the beginning and told with a high level of intelligence and drama. yes my friends it was a beautiful thing. i was reeeallly obsessed with that show in grade 9... now i just kinda remember back to how great it was on occasion. like now.

Ah geez, another of those weird coincidences lol. I dont know anyone else who's heard of Babylon 5. My husband just borrowed the first 4 seasons off his sister and watched them all in about a 2 week period lol. Its pretty good. He's just finished about 30 ST vids....:D

I love TNG and First Contact is one of my favourite sci-fi movies. All the other Star Trek incarnations leave me cold, though, and apart from First Contact, all the big-screen outings felt more like extended TV episodes without a true cinematic punch.

There! Are! Four! Lights!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom