Travis anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I don't know how I got into their music, but I really like it. I was just wondering if anyone else enjoys their music too.

Travis :heart: :drool: :combust:

Saw them 2 years ago or a year ago not sure :hmm: seeing them again in October!!! :hyper:

Well I need to ask my Daddy to buy me the tickets :shifty:

Lara Mullen said:
Travis :heart: :drool: :combust:

Saw them 2 years ago or a year ago not sure :hmm: seeing them again in October!!! :hyper:

Well I need to ask my Daddy to buy me the tickets :shifty:

I assume they are more popular in the UK/Ireland...none of my friends have heard of them...
Every now and then, I'll hear "Flowers in the Window" at the bar :D but other than that, I don't hear them anywhere.

I never hear Flowers inthe window on the radio :der:

I always hear their new tune Re-offender on the radio

I love Travis.

They are really popular here yeah :heart:

What songs have you heard??

All truth be told, I probably like them more than I like Coldplay.

Wish they would have stuck with Nigel Goodrich though.

I have always like Travis more. I think their songs are more eclectic.

Travis are a pretty standard brit band

but they're not bad at what they do. I have both cd's...not GREAT but good

I dig Travis, but haven't heard all that much by them. Side and Re-Offender are excellent.

They?re an ok band. I think they aren?t very energetic... Coldplay too, but see them live, they?re GREAT... I?ve never seen Travis live, so I can?t say if they?re great or not... altough they have very nice songs...

my favourite song is ?why does it always rains on me?

Basstrap said:
Travis are a pretty standard brit band

but they're not bad at what they do. I have both cd's...not GREAT but good

both cd's? There are more than 2

Felipe they are great live - better than Coldplay were IMO - but I seen Coldplay when they only began playing gigs I got tix the nite of the concert and it didnt even sell out for a tiny place. They were very energetic everyone was jumping, laughing having a good time....or that could have been the Guinness they were selling :wink:

yes please Mrs Clayton...I like them..A LOT, and am pleased they have a new album on the way.
I have told my Travis stories here before, about how Fran won my heart with his stories about "doing a turn with his eyelids" and about them programming RAGE and telling stories about the making of their film clips..."evil children and bi-planes":) and the dead sheep:lmao:
I particularly like the song/film clip of "Turn"..."don't question my chi man":heart:
All I Wanna Do is Rock
Under 16 Girls
Driftwood
Sing

I just like 'em.
I saw the film clip for Re-offender last weekend. I got the warm fuzzies...kinda like seeing a cousin you haven't heard from in ages.
Travis:up:

oh yeah! I keep forgetting about the first cd

I haven't heard that one

cass said:
fuzzies...kinda like seeing a cousin you haven't heard from in ages.

That makes my stomach churn :lol:

Bassy the first album is good :)

Am I the only person on earth who prefers 'The Invisible Band' to 'The Man Who' ?

Well aside from what I've heard on the radio and seen on tv (both rather scarce) they are enjoyable. Would anyone have any album/ song recommendations? They'll be in concert around here soon and I have heard they do well live. I need some more live music before U2 comes around again.

the last time they came around they came with Coldplay

still kicking myself for missing that

anyway from what I've heard they're very entertaining live, and Fran loves telling all these little stories so go if you can!

violetfly said:
Well aside from what I've heard on the radio and seen on tv (both rather scarce) they are enjoyable. Would anyone have any album/ song recommendations?

I love these songs:
Re-offender - :heart: My favourite at the moment
Humpty Dumpty Love Song
Driftwood
Love Will Come Through (I think there is only an online version of this song never seen it on cd I may be wrong though.)
Writing To Reach You
Sing
Why does it always rain on me
Turn
all i wanna do is rock - only really liked this live though

I like more than that but these are just off the top of my head

Im going to see Travis on Monday again :up: :dance:

Im going like a proper student and getting a pint while im there

So has anyone got the new album yet? I"m interested in some impressions. Every review I've seen so far has pretty much stated this is their weekest effort.

I can get the cd brand new for $8, but I just dont know if it's worth it.

just picked it up today mofo. so far, excellent. it's a little darker than their previous efforts. you know the song "last train" on the invisible band? that song is so awesome. well, imagine 12 songs in that vein. i'd give it 3.9 stars, and i got it on sale for $10. very much worth every penny.

It was $7.99 at Best Buy...I agree it's definately darker.
I'll need to listen to it a few more times to make an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom