Travis - 12 Memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I just downloaded this record from ITunes and I think it is really great. I was originally hooked by 'Love Will Come Through', which has an AMAZING melody, but the rest of the album is equally mesmerizing and beautiful.

namkcuR said:
I just downloaded this record from ITunes and I think it is really great. I was originally hooked by 'Love Will Come Through', which has an AMAZING melody, but the rest of the album is equally mesmerizing and beautiful.

I am glad you like it. It is my least favorite of their albums.

Travis are my favourite band after U2, this album would be my favourite after The Man Who. Love will come through was originally released as an internet only song and the proceeds went to a charity for people with spinal injuries after Neil's accident. I'm really glad they added it to this album. Re-offender & Somewhere Else :heart:

Lara Mullen said:
Travis are my favourite band after U2, this album would be my favourite after The Man Who. Love will come through was originally released as an internet only song and the proceeds went to a charity for people with spinal injuries after Neil's accident. I'm really glad they added it to this album. Re-offender & Somewhere Else :heart:

He's the drummer, right? He wasn't paralyzed was he? He's still playing drums, so obviously not.

Yes, he's the drummer. No he had a full recovery obviously.

They are an excellent band live.

Re: Re: Travis - 12 Memories

Dalton said:

I am glad you like it. It is my least favorite of their albums.

:up:

There are a couple of decent tunes on it, but overall I was really disappointed. The charm of Nigel Godrich was all gone.

Yeah, it's not my favorite. I'd say pick up the singles collection and go from there in terms of what you like. My favorite album is the Invisble Band, but most people aren't going to agree on that. The Man Who is the popular choice, and Good Feeling is about 70% genius and 30% crap. As opposed to 12 Memories which ranges from pretty good to mediocre. Still love the band, though

UnforgettableLemon said:
My favorite album is the Invisble Band, but most people aren't going to agree on that.

Mine too.

I didnt buy the album when it came out, because of mediocre press and user reviews. I also wasnt a huge fan of the first single, but I recently have started to like it. I've been interested in picking it up and checking it out lately.

The only Travis album I own is 12 Memories. I quite like it, but I admit I don't listen to it that often because of my constant supply of new music needing attention. The last time I listened to it, it sounded really good, though. Like when I just stopped expecting it to be something else, it was really good for what it was.

Underwhelming but has some great tunes, just the album as a whole doesn't do it for me, but that pretty much somes up how I feel about all their albums. I love the band and still buy their albums, it's just that I had to burn my own 'best of' because their albums have so much filler.

Back
Top Bottom