Tour de France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am following it here. In fact, I think many Dutch(wo)men are following it as the Tour is quite big here. Of course, the Dutch Rabobank team already has had loads of bad luck, losing 2 members during the first race in a fall.

BTW, I just read that Petacchi has already won for a third time this year. Nevertheless, I still think that Armstrong will win the Tour again this year. He's very strong in the individual races and in the mountains.

C ya!

Marty

Jeff - me too. I did not have OLN last year. This year I am in heaven.

I think Lance will probably take the lead on Saturday. Postal was flying through the Team Time Trial last night. Can't wait for tonights rebroadcast of today's stage

I listen to it on the radio at work

when they hit the mountains I'll watch the recaps

yet another thing i miss about not having my summer job. i don't hear anything about this. i don't have the right tv/radio channels to follow it, and our newspaper has next to no sports section

IWasBored said:
yet another thing i miss about not having my summer job. i don't hear anything about this. i don't have the right tv/radio channels to follow it, and our newspaper has next to no sports section
Woei, Jan Ulrich did beat Armstrong today in the time ( how do you call it ) race with more than 1 min and 30 sec.

It is a nice tour the france,....

uh oh for Lance.

[q]
Armstrong no longer bookies' favourite

LONDON (Reuters) - For the first time in four years, Lance Armstrong is not favourite to win the Tour de France, bookmakers William Hill say.

They now make Germany's Jan Ullrich 4-6 favourite with Armstrong at 11-10 and Kazakh Alexander Vinokourov at 14-1.

With a week to go, Armstrong leads Ullrich by only 15 seconds. [/q]

this is a cool photo of Lance:
2463193313.jpg

Last edited:
it seems as if lance tossed it down today. Jan will not beat lance. in case you did not know LA lost 15 pounds the day of the individual time trial and had a GI tract issue the first week of the tour. I can't wait to watch for three hours tonight when i get home.

LA won todays stage put 40 seconds on Ulrich. Zabel is a complete non factor.

Todays results:
1 ARMSTRONG Lance USA USP in 4h 29' 26"
2 MAYO Iban ESP EUS at 00' 40"
3 ULLRICH Jan GER TBI at 00' 40"
4 ZUBELDIA Haimar ESP EUS at 00' 40"
5 MOREAU Christophe FRA C.A at 00' 40"
6 BASSO Ivan ITA FAS at 00' 47"
7 HAMILTON Tyler USA CSC at 01' 10"
8 VINOKOUROV Alexandre KAZ TEL at 02' 07"
9 RUBIERA Jos? Luis ESP USP at 02' 45"
10 CHAVANEL Sylvain FRA BLB at 02' 47"

Man I cannot wait to watch this tonight. Ulrich is now a minute and 7 seconds down and Vinokourov is over 2 mins back

in the mornings live: 8:00 - 11:30
afternoon reair: 2:00 - 4:00 and 5:00 - 7:00
Night:
prerace: 8:00 - 8:30
reair: 8:30 - 11:00

mvd - if you are at all into cycling (or lance) and like to read you should read his book.

Last edited:
Hello,

I saw an excerpt of the race today, quite a spectacular ending. First Armstrong falling when he went to close to the spectators, then his foot going off the pedal (ouch!) and finally his acceleration to the finish.

Oh, and afterwards I saw (and heard) him speak quite perfect French. Impressive! (Compare that to the only-German of Ulrich)
Not that I know that much French, or even care for it... :)

C ya!

Marty

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i watched the highlights on FoxSports World from the gym. i was on the bike when the highlights came on. that crash Lance suffered because of that fan pissed me off. :tsk: those cyclists amaze me everytime and give me more motivation to get into shape. :up:
Lance said that it was his own fault, he was driving to near to the edge of the road. He also said that the fall did give him so much adraline that he had the energy to win.

Do no forget the sportmanship off Ulrich, he did not attack when Armstrong was down,..

Back
Top Bottom