Totally OT but need to know....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teta040

Refugee
Hi everybody,

I have a question that is COMPLETELY OT and this is going to be a short thread, but I don't know where to put it.

I have a transaction looming that involves the transfer of LBS 420.00 (420 British pounds, I don't know how to make the little "currency" sign on my computer, you know what it looks like. )

I have no idea where to find info on this, so I figured there are a lot of Brits on here, can you tell me what the US currency equivalent is? I think it's double that amount but I have to be sure.

The reason I am posting this on here is too that I am in a hurry, have to leave for work where I have no Net access, and need the info by this evening (it's 1 PM here now.)

Sorry about this, but I need to know, and the guy with whom I am dealing hasn't gotten back to me in time.

I just got 846.605.

The conversion rate depends on the markets and how the value of the dollar is holding up to the pound.

From one minute to the next, the conversion rate can vary.

Whenever I need conversions, I just put the number in Google and whatever currency I want it changed to.

Thanks....luckily we don't have to be precise about this and can round that figure off to the nearest hundred.

Google info is much appreciated.

JessicaAnn said:

The conversion rate depends on the markets and how the value of the dollar is holding up to the pound.

From one minute to the next, the conversion rate can vary.

:yes:

I have to do this when I use ebay.
Sometimes if the rates are low at the right times, I save loads :drool:

Yes, I've even planned to purchase a laptop over there, but the disadvantages outweigh the price difference, and German VAT would shrink the price difference to a margin. :(

Back
Top Bottom