Torquay Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

s640x480

Now I really like those. :love:

Check out the ancient driving controls in the tram that is closest in the previous picture I posted:

s640x480

And here's the "door". Holy breach of 21st century Occupational Health and Safety, batman!

s640x480

Alright, here's the first photo NOT taken by me that I've posted. But it's got me IN it! This was taken by my grandfather, and it's a good close view of one of my beloved Fiducias.

s640x480

unico said:
i don't think i've ever seen a pic of you before. cool hair!

Heh, I don't like that photo of me too much, but it's a good view of the Fiducia so I live with it.

I thought everyone had seen this photo of me, from Auckland II on the Vertigo Tour (the longest I've ever had my hair):

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2006-11-25%20-%20Auckland%20%28Pictures%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt%29%2F2006-11-25-19-10-30_DSCF5012.jpg

Axver said:

Heh, I don't like that photo of me too much, but it's a good view of the Fiducia so I live with it.

I thought everyone had seen this photo of me, from Auckland II on the Vertigo Tour (the longest I've ever had my hair):

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2006-11-25%20-%20Auckland%20%28Pictures%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt%29%2F2006-11-25-19-10-30_DSCF5012.jpg

awesome hair! nice spot. did you meet Utoo while you were there? i think he may be the friend of mine who has met you before...i can't remember. i KNOW a friend told me he met you before.

I think this is probably the best photo of me ever taken, in the door of the aforementioned, aforeposted Fiducia tram:

s640x480

unico said:
awesome hair! nice spot. did you meet Utoo while you were there? i think he may be the friend of mine who has met you before...i can't remember. i KNOW a friend told me he met you before.

Yes! Utoo, his wife, and I met at the gig the night before. We hung out in the queue and were only a couple of rows back during the gig in a great spot ... I think we were between Bono and Adam. Utoo and his wife are a really cool couple; I had a great time with them. :up:

(Incidentally, in the photo I posted, the guy largely hidden behind the Slow Dancing sign with black hair is Interference's miracledrug83, though I haven't seen him post in ages.)

Axver said:

Yes! Utoo, his wife, and I met at the gig the night before. We hung out in the queue and were only a couple of rows back ... I think we were between Bono and Adam. Utoo and his wife are a really cool couple; I had a great time with them. :up:

aren't they??? utoo had a party at his place, it was the first time i'd ever met him. a friend of mine had met him before so we went along with another one of my friends. they are just the sweetest! his wife is actually my health counselor.

i love that they go to hospitals wearing crazy pants. they've invited me to join them, maybe someday i will but i've been so busy.

OK, I'm about to go, but let me share just a few pics of my beautiful hometown before I go.

This is the Wharemauku Stream's mouth on the Rauoterangi Channel of the Tasman Sea.

s640x480

unico said:

aren't they??? utoo had a party at his place, it was the first time i'd ever met him. a friend of mine had met him before so we went along with another one of my friends. they are just the sweetest! his wife is actually my health counselor.

i love that they go to hospitals wearing crazy pants. they've invited me to join them, maybe someday i will but i've been so busy.

Ha, wow, that's really awesome. I had such a good time chatting with them. We also spoke with this lovely Danish couple who were with us in line. That was one of the best days, I remember it really fondly.

I love how you can create all these personal links to other Interferencers too. How's this? unico --> Utoo --> Axver --> Alisaura. I wonder if we can link all the postwhores to each other? I think Ali links us to COBL_04 - I haven't met him yet myself.

Looking the other way up the Wharemauku Stream. I have so many good memories of playing here as a child.

s640x480

Axver said:

Ha, wow, that's really awesome. I had such a good time chatting with them. We also spoke with this lovely Danish couple who were with us in line. That was one of the best days, I remember it really fondly.

I love how you can create all these personal links to other Interferencers too. How's this? unico --> Utoo --> Axver --> Alisaura. I wonder if we can link all the postwhores to each other? I think Ali links us to COBL_04 - I haven't met him yet myself.

oh wow...yeah we should try a 6 degrees thing!

This ride-on miniature railway in Marine Gardens in Raumati Beach was THE BEST THING EVER when I was a little kid. I loved it so much, you have no idea.

s640x480

unico said:

oh wow...yeah we should try a 6 degrees thing!

Almost all of us in Melbourne have directly or indirectly met each other. The only one from this thread that we're missing is Maj. Panic, and I'm meeting him in 11.5 hours! I think you can link Jen, cin, COBL_04, Ali, Trance, and I in various ways. I've only met Ali and Trance so far.

And I'll meet Liam in late April when we see Porcupine Tree in Sydney.

OK, my last picture for the night. This is Kapiti Island, which is offshore from the region named after it, the Kapiti Coast. I'm so used to seeing this off the coast that despite living away from the area for a decade, all other coastlines still don't feel right. I miss my island. It's an absolutely gorgeous nature reserve.

s640x480

unico said:

holy shit that looks awesome!

It was THE BEST. It's got that little viaduct you see there, and a tunnel, and it loops around the park and it's just made of so much win. Honestly, if I still lived on the Kapiti Coast, I'd probably now be driving those trains for the kids.

A little bit further up the coast in Paraparaumu it can get fairly crowded on summer weekends, but yeah, generally around Raumati South (from where I took that photo), there aren't that many people. Rock on, lowly populated countries. :up:

Anyhow, I need sleep. At this rate, I'll only get 7.5 and I like 8! Ah well. Have a good one! :wave:

(I never comment in these threads, but I love Torquay & faulty towers so I thought I'd say hi... :wave: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom