Tori Amos: Welcome to Sunny Florida DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
To be released May 18, 2004. And if you pre-order it, you get a free poster.

More details for the interested can be found at www.toriamos.com

From her website:

WELCOME TO SUNNY FLORIDA DVD
IN STORES MAY 18TH!
Tori will be releasing her first commercially available live concert DVD, Welcome To Sunny Florida, on May 18, 2004. The eighteen song show was recorded on September 4, 2003 at Sound Advice Amphitheater in West Palm Beach, FL. A six song bonus CD of previously unreleased songs, Scarlet's Hidden Treasures, is included.

Yeah. I'm gonna have to purchase this.

I can't wait, especially since there isn't a really great live concert available of her and live is what she is all about. (I'm not counting the Live in NY video which has always been hard for me to watch but I guess some people like it). :hyper:

:heart: Tori :heart:

:up:

So many CD's and DVDs coming out this summer, so little money. Time to sell my kidneys!

I saw this tour twice.. once in Tampa and then the last in Orlando. I swear I've seen her like 8 times now.

HelloAngel said:
I saw this tour twice.. once in Tampa and then the last in Orlando. I swear I've seen her like 8 times now.

Me, too--I've seen her as many times as I've seen U2. I saw this tour three times (Denver, Albuqerque and Columbia, MD)... and I can't wait to see it again on my roommate's fabulous big TV with surround sound. :combust:

:D :D :D

the songs:

"A Sorta Fairytale"
"Sugar"
"Crucify"
"Cornflake Girl"
"Bells for Her"
"Concertina"
"Take to the Sky"
"Leather"
"Cloud on My Tongue"
"Cooling"

"Your Cloud"
"Father Lucifer"
"Professional Widow"
"I Can't See New York"
"PRECIOUS THINGS" (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Encore:
"Tombigbee"
"Amber Waves"
"Hey Jupiter"

altough i wish there was a song from Choirgirl, I just can?t wait!!

this year will be so good... Tori DVD, REM new album, U2 new album, alanis new album, PJ harvey, etccc:D

FelipeVox said:
"Sugar"
"Bells for Her"
"Concertina"
"Cooling"
"Your Cloud"
"Father Lucifer"
"I Can't See New York"

I'm especially looking forward to those seven. :up:

celia said:
this is soooo annoying, I havent got enough money for all these great CD's and DVDs

LOL, I know the feeling!

I'm so excited about this DVD! Tori is absolutely amazing live, I'm kind of suprised she's only released one live concert before, although I suppose there's the second CD of To Venus and Back as well. I can't wait to see this. :hyper: :happy:

Not only have I never seen Tori live (despite being a huge fan) I actually managed to miss her TWICE on the last tour. She played in Toledo, OH (30 minutes from the town I got to college in) when I was at home for spring break and then she played Pittsburgh (my hometown) the day I left home to go back to school after spring break.

Why are the gods toying with me!?

Maybe I can dig through the couch for money to buy this dvd. :D

Ok, it's mine now. :D

On my lunch hour I teased myself by going directly to the opening of Cooling :heart: and Professional Widow:drool:. Just the opening because that way I've whet my appetite without betraying the unspoken code of honor with The Housemate (Thou Shalt Not Watch a Tori Amos DVD Without the Other). Can't wait to see it tonight.

madonna's child...the DVD will be almost as good as the real thing. Save your pennies. :)

Let us know how the DVD is.

This thread talked me into listening to the 'Little Earthquakes' album earlier tonight. :up:

I was also compelled to listen to some Tori tonight. I've got the live CD of To Venus and Back playing right now. It'll have to tide me over until I can get the DVD.

I hope you and your Housemate had a great time watching it, joyful! :)

The DVD is absolutely exquisite. It captures what I remember best about that tour which is her voice soaring and soaring effortlessly on the high notes. In fact, it lulled me to sleep halfway through :huh: because I was so tired and the music was so soothing. I can't wait to hear the second half tonight and to explore all the bonus stuff.

It is a must-have for fans.

I watched the second half last night. It's really pretty incredible. Professional Widow followed by I Can't See New York are to die for. I don't buy a lot of concert DVDs because most of the people I like are great live but not necessarily the kind of thing I would watch over and over on DVD. But Tori is known for her live shows much more than she is for her records and I love watching her. In fact, one of the irritating things about the DVD is that the camera person tried too hard to be creative sometimes with weird camera angles and stuff and I did find myself yelling at the TV, "Just give us a close up of Tori and STAY THERE!" I also didn't like what she was wearing (one of those flowy complicated Tori outfits) because you can't see her body very well and watching her body movements is one of the fascinating things about her live performance.

Oh, and Cooling is stunning. It's THE performance I would use to turn someone on to Tori.

Just starting to listen to some of the new audio tracks this morning. The first song, Ruby through the Looking Glass, is beautiful--classic Tori. I still don't like Tombigbee--I didn't like it when I heard it live and now upon repeated listenings I still don't care for it.

Anyway, I hope you all can pick it up. It is truly worth it.

I was thinking last night that the reason Tori, U2 and Radiohead are my all-time favorites is because none of them have ever made a record I didn't like.

Last edited:
I finally purchased this last week, and mofo and I watched it on Friday night. Very, very good DVD as far as the concert goes. I haven't yet investigated any of the extras or listened to the bonus CD, but I plan to soon.

I agree that Tori's outfit was distracting in a not-so-good way. And I kept wanting her to go do something else with her hair. I guess that's all because I saw a performance she did for (I think) Oprah's channel where she looked absolutely stunning. Alas, it's about the songs, isn't it? :)

Cooling was breathtaking, as was I Can't See New York. All of the songs I was looking forward to were wonderful with not one disappointment. Glad I own this, as my old VHS tapes of Tori Unplugged and other various performances probably won't last much longer. :wink:

I consider myself a Tori Amos fan, but I admit that I dont have all her albums and dont know all the songs. That being said, I still really enjoyed the DVD. I knew beforehand that Tori Amos was supposed to do great concerts, and that was definitely the case.

On a side note:

After seeing Tori's dress/outfit/costume, I suddenly wanted to buy a cape.

I have been playing the bonus audio tracks nonstop. I absolutely love all the songs, with Tombigbee still being my least favorite but it's grown on me a bit. The song that has emerged as the one that I can't get out of my head is Apollo's Frock with that gorgeous refrain that just kept sneaking up on me until I fell in love with it:

you could never see
you could never see
Apollo's frock
was always as beautiful
always as beautiful as
the saddest rainstorm
Apollo your frock
was always as beautiful
always as beautiful
as your sister's
that your light shined on

I agree that Tori's outfit was distracting in a not-so-good way. And I kept wanting her to go do something else with her hair. I guess that's all because I saw a performance she did for (I think) Oprah's channel where she looked absolutely stunning. Alas, it's about the songs, isn't it?

I hope she gets a new stylist for the next tour. Her hair looked awful and then when the stylist came out and messed with it again it got worse! Yes, it's about the songs, yet I need my Tori to look awesome too. Since no one can take their eyes off her when she's onstage, she MUST look faboo! :wink:

I consider myself a Tori Amos fan, but I admit that I dont have all her albums and dont know all the songs. That being said, I still really enjoyed the DVD. I knew beforehand that Tori Amos was supposed to do great concerts, and that was definitely the case.

mofo - if you need to catch up on Tori, I'd be happy to bring you up to date with a mix.

Oh, and as for the rest of the bonus material...I haven't been able to get through the interview because...well, let's be honest...Tori sounds kind of insane when she talks. :uhoh: :wink:

joyfulgirl said:
mofo - if you need to catch up on Tori, I'd be happy to bring you up to date with a mix. [/B]

That's cool of you. I'm doing alright actually, HeartlandGirl made sure I ripped a bunch of songs from some of her CD's when she was here last week. I realized that in all actuality, I'm only missing 2 of her albums. I just dont know most of the songs as well as I should. I'm trying to catch myself up.

I've been getting more and more back into her lately. I received Tales of a Librarian for Christmas, and finally got Little Earthquakes on CD a month or so ago. (I only had it recorded on minidisc before)

Anyways, great stuff. :up:

I'm all for Tori getting a new stylist the next time around. I can handle her strange outfits better than bad hair. Her stylist seemed to be going for this fake dreadlock look, but why do that when Tori has such beautiful hair? :no:

Glad to hear that the bonus CD is excellent! I still haven't listened to it. And yeah, when Tori talks, I'm left scratching my head...a lot. :laugh:

u2popmofo said:

That's cool of you. I'm doing alright actually, HeartlandGirl made sure I ripped a bunch of songs from some of her CD's when she was here last week.

Interferencers having Tori fun without me. :mad:

:wink:

I listened to Scarlet's Hidden Treasures the other night, joyful. Wow. Every song is absolutely stunning! (I even like Tombigbee--maybe it's just the Oklahoma mention :wink: ). I would have paid the money I spent on the DVD just for this CD. I think my favorites so far are Ruby Through the Looking-Glass, Apollo's Frock, and Indian Summer.

The other Tori fans in my office suite have been notified that they need to purchase the DVD/CD as soon as possible!

HeartlandGirl said:
I listened to Scarlet's Hidden Treasures the other night, joyful. Wow. Every song is absolutely stunning!

Yay! My housemate said these songs already feel like instant Tori classics, songs we've known and loved forever. We listen to it a couple of times everyday. Bug a Martini makes me feel like I'm at a 60's pool party. :lol:

I just listened to all the songs for the first time. I immediately loved all of them, excluding Bug a Martini (or martian, whichever you prefer :wink: ) which I still liked.

Indian Summer is awesome, so is Ruby Through the Looking Glass!

Apollo's Frock made me think I needed to write a song called, Tori's Cape, to honor the DVD :wink:

Mofo needs a cape and I need a picture of mofo in his cape.

And I need a polka dot bikini to go with my martini.

foray said:
Does it have her conversing with the audience?

foray

It has her giving the finger to the audience, lol...

Seriously, she talks a little and there are some nice adlibbed songs--it was the last show of the tour so there are some nice moments around that. You see her backstage dancing with her daughter before the show and there are interviews with her parents, etc. I still haven't seen all the bonus material yet.

Back
Top Bottom