Tori Amos`s new covers album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MEMHPIS-EVE 007

The Fly
Long long tima ago,In a Galaxy far far away.
My favorite female singer
biggrin.gif
I heard "Strange little girl" and it`s pretty good. I love her cover versions (Aspecially of Smells like teen spirit).

Any opinions?

------------------
"I love you `cause I need to ,not because I need you..."
-luminous times

I can't wait to hear any of the songs. Tori's my favourite, too! And yues, her covers are always great; she doesn't merely sing the song as they were sung, she does it HER way and always leaves her stamp on them. She also has good quality bee-sides which makes it apparent that she's very tough about choosing her album material. I've started ramling, should stop now, and eat some leaves.

foray

I would have liked an album of original material, but oh well. I can't wait for this one. As an added bonus, one of my favorite authors, NEIL GAIMAN is doing stories for the songs snippets will appear in the album and the complete in her tourbook.

------------------
Steve
SAME OLD STORY- Hardcore American Comedy

I think he means small parts of the stories will be in the album-sleeve, and the complete stories will be in the tourbook.

So is this going to be an album entirely filled with covers? I hope she includes het version of The Cures Lovesong. I have that one on MP3 and it's as good as the original!

Thanks DrTeeth, no DrTeeth; the covers are not existing covers but new ones. She interprets songs (inc one by slim shady) but with a twist of sorts: from a female's (or feminist's?) point of view. I am curious how she does this.

foray

Track listing:

1) New Age - The Velvet Underground
2) '97 Bonnie & Clyde - Eminem
3) Strange Little Girl - The Stranglers
4) Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode
5) I'm Not In Love - 10cc
6) Rattlesnakes - Lloyd Cole & The Commotions
7) Time - Tom Waits
8) Heart Of Gold - Neil Young
9) I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats
10) Happiness is a Warm Gun - The Beatles
11) Raining Blood - Slayer
12) Real Men - Joe Jackson

It'll be released in Oz a day earlier--September 17th! Hope that's the same for NZ. I'm very excited about this.

foray

8) Heart Of Gold - Neil Young
9) I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats
10) Happiness is a Warm Gun - The Beatles

I look forward to those 3 tracks in particular...

Back
Top Bottom