Top 3 comedy sitcoms of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-macphisto-

Refugee
What are the 3 greatest comedy sitcoms of all time?
Mine are................

1- Seinfeld
2- Everybody Loves Raymond
3- Fresh Prince

Wrong forum. :drool:

1. Fawlty Towers
2. Seinfeld
3. Absolutely Fabulous

Last edited:
Seinfeld
Arrested Development
aaaaand...hmm. I think the first few seasons of Friends was great and I wish I had watched Raymond while it was on because I love the reruns. :/
I can't pick a third but I guess, I GUESS, Friends.

Fawlty Towers is the shit! I used to watch it with my Dad all the time and we used to crack up. Poor Manuel was hilarious :lmao:

the rockin edge said:

blackadder:drool:

There were Blackadder Goes Forth reruns on the Beeb the other night. :drool: I always preferred the second series over the fourth, but it was nice to see it again.

Comedy sitcom?

All sitcoms are comedies

That's why it's a sitcom instead of a sitdram

Seinfeld
Simpsons
Family Guy or Arrested Development

Honourable mention:
The Jeffersons
MASH
Malcolm in the Middle

Last edited:
1. Only Fools And Horses (I know, I know! But it is very,very funny)

2. Ab Fab

3. About a ton of others like Red Dwarf (1 to 5), One Foot in The Grave, Blackadder (2 and 4), Black Books...you get the idea.

phanan said:

The first few seasons of The Cosby Show were hilarious.
But the ugly sweaters and the fact that it jumped the shark about 5 times in later seasons would have to take it out of all time top 3 contention. If it had ended when Denise left for college (And they focused "A Different World" on the exploits of a young Marisa Tomei :drool: rather than Kadeem Hardison), the show could stand up as an all time great.

Anyway, narrowing to 3 is difficult, but I guess I'd have to go with:

Seinfeld
Cheers
All in the Family (remember watching with my parents when I was a kid and not enjoying it so much, but when I got older an watched I realized how friggin' hilarious it is. "Patty", "No, link" "Patty")

Honorable mentions to:
The Simpsons
South Park
Family Guy
The Bob Newhart Show
M*A*S*H (specifically the Trapper John/Henry Blake years)
Happy Days (Pre shark of course)

Flowery Twats
Brilliant
Simpsons

MRS RICHARDS: And another thing I asked for a room with a view
BASIL: Deaf, mad and blind. This is the view as far as I can remember, madam. Yes, this is it.
MRS RICHARDS:When I pay for a room I expect somthing more interesting than that.
BASIL: That is Torquay, Madam.
MRS RICHARDS: Well, it not good enough.
BASIL: Well...may I ask what you were hoping to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeests sweeping majestically....
MRS RICHARDS: Don't be silly. I expect to see the sea.
BASIL: You can see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky.
MRS RICHARDS: I'd need a telescope to see that.
BASIL: Well, may I suggest you consider moving to a hotel closer to the sea. Or preferably in it.

Last edited:
1. Fawlty Towers.
2. Blackadder
3. The Office, plus Only Fools & also Spaced (though I have only seen a few episodes but they were VERY funny:up: ).

Back
Top Bottom