Top 10 Films of 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
prisz25 said:

OOPS... I could have sworn that I saw it in Dec. of 2005.... Wow I have a really bad memory lol

I haven't seen Rocky Balboa, but I didnt think it was going to actually be a good movie. I'll have to watch it then.

Well it depends what you thought of the other films. If you really liked the original Rocky, then there's a good chance you'll like this one too. The others in the series don't really matter to much.

Queen Bee said:

And presented in an overly contrived manner :up:

Honestly, I'd rather listen to a collection of Bono's ONE speeches in an endless loop than have to watch that garbage again :cool:

I'm imagining that loop right now...it would have made a beautiful DVD extra :sad:

I see where you're coming from, especially the scenes with Brad Pitt and what's-her-name. There were a lot of "kiss me one more time before I die" moments that were definitely contrived. The scenes that made the movie for me were the two brothers/guns scenes and the illegal immigration stuff. The Japanese scenes were awfully weird, but I admired the commentary on social alienation. I can't believe you didn't appreciate that :tsk:

all i can say is:

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MUTHAFUCKIN' SNAKES ON THIS MUTHAFUCKIN' PLANE!

snakes-on-a-plane-5.jpg

Queen Bee said:
And presented in an overly contrived manner :up:

Honestly, I'd rather listen to a collection of Bono's ONE speeches in an endless loop than have to watch that garbage again :cool:

You're a two-faced bitch with horrible taste.

angelordevil said:

:(

I think QB was being funny...I certainly laughed :wink:

Well, if I posted that I liked something, and someone laughed at me, I wouldn't find it very funny.

I'm just trying to be fair and consistent because if I don't say anything, and then I reprimand someone else later for something, I run the risk of that person going, "How come so-and-so can say that kind of stuff?" Yes, that does happen.

I'd also advise people to quit mocking me.

got_edge said:
Not funny and/or sad.

AND YES I AM I BIG FAN OF ROM-COMS.
swoon.gif
swoon.gif
swoon.gif

I am with you. Although I don't watch them, who cares. QB should stick to cheeze fest films like Encino Man.

I saw a taiwanese film called "I don't want to sleep alone". That was probably the best film in a couple of years.

And I'm going to watch Babel this weekend, it will probably turn out awesome as well.

Other than that, well, the best film of 2006 was The Lives of Others .

/thread. ;)

Technically, The Departed was probably the best film of last year. But the story wasn't good enough for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom