TONIC: May 1st, Springfield MO.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
Anyone going? I am really excited, I've wanted to see them for years but haven't been able to. I heard it's an acoustic show but I'm still looking forward to it. Here's some other dates:

Sat-Apr-12 Johnson City, TN Sophisticated Otter
Tue-Apr-15 Knoxville, TN The Pub
Wed-Apr-16 Chattanooga Rhythm & Brews
Thu-Apr-17 Charleston, SC Mandalay
Fri-Apr-18 Kill Devil Hills, NC Outer Banks Brewing Station
Sat-Apr-19 Washington DC Bender Arena (American University)
Mon-Apr-21 Hoboken, NJ Maxwell's
Wed-Apr-23 Pittsburgh Hard Rock
Thu-Apr-24 Harrisburg Dragonfly
Sun-Apr-27 Charlotte Charlotte Cityfest
Mon-Apr-28 Cincinnati, OH Bogart's
Wed-Apr-30 St. Louis (Sauget, IL) Pops
Thu-May-01 Springfield, MO SW Missouri State
Fri-May-02 West Palm Beach Sunfest
Sat-May-03 Atlanta Music Midtown

hey! i totally forgot about them! i hate forgetting about bands, thanks for reminding me.

They played in my hometown about 5 years ago and I missed them. I have to go this time since they're within a good drive.

they played here a few years ago. i didn't go, but i did hear it was a good show. except for the fact that some lady complained after being hit with the drummer's drum stick that he threw into the audience at the end of their set

yeah, i know. i wonder what she was doing at the show in the first place...

This was an awesome trip, I stayed with a good friend of mine from highschool that I hadn't seen in 3 years and I got to see 4 bands for free. Before the show I was backstage and met Emerson Hart (Tonic's singer) and got a picture with him and had him sign all 3 of my tonic albums. I also got a drumstick from Tonic and nearly a setlist. I would show some pics but I'm a cheap-o non-premium sorry.

Local H - They were pretty average, I knew their radio songs and the rest of their stuff was good until the last song the lead singer had this 5 minute rant "The show, the show, the motherfuckin' show (repeat 50 times)", and the rant was backed by guitar feedback for the entire 5 minutes. It got really old after the 3rd or 4th time. They're old news.

Dakona - A band no one had ever heard of from Canada. I was really impressed, they had good songs and vocals. Kind of a cross of Gin Blossoms and Flickerstick. This was their last night on the tour so the other bands were playing all kinds of pranks on them, unplugging microphones, throwing duct tape/hangers/paper airplanes, grabbing drums and cymbals during songs...it was funny as crap.

Tone-Loc - Played Funky Cold Medina twice, once as normal and once with Tonic's drummer and no backing track. Had the standard talk about blunts falling out of his jacket when he took it off and so forth...yada yada.

Tonic - Before they took the stage Dakona put tampons soaked in red dye on the mic stands and baby powder on the snare drum...when the first song started and he went for the first snare shot....BOOM...a white cloud swallowed him whole, it was great. Great show overall, I was in the 3rd row and the setlist was as follows:
Liar
Open up your eyes
Take me as I am
You wanted more
Sugar
On your feet again
Believe me
Bigot sunshine
Lemon parade
Wicked soldier
Come rest your head
Mountian
Count on me (somebody)
If you could only see
Casual affair
-----------------
Soldiers daughter

They said they would have played another song (Irish) but they were under time constraints since it was at SMSU and on school grounds.

cool. yeah i coulod have told you local h sucks....they had one song i liked a while ago, i can't remember the name.

Back
Top Bottom