Tom Petty and Jackson Browne rock the old school!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
They played the Forum, no less! No crappy Staples Center for them! The air had a weed-induced haze, just like the stinky old days. The sound system was a million times better than the 70s and 80s used to have, though.

It was a great show. I thought his new material wasn't as strong as the old stuff, but what the hell do I know, I don't have anything by Tom on disc. Just old vinyl I bought new. I sat up in the cheap seats by some serious fans who were having a ball!

Jackson Browne came on at 7:30 (talk about old school; he started on time!), and played a very tight set for an hour. Tom came on at about 9:30 or so and played for over two hours! It was great! The Heartbreakers are always good, and they were last night.

It was loads of fun. I think I'll go over to ebay later, and see if I can pick up any Tom Petty discs for cheap.

I knew there was reason

I thought I was being disconnected today...maybe not until office hours, it hasn't effected the early-risers..YET!! I'll try to resist the urge to festoon your thread with smilies
I only have Tom on vinyl and cassette, same with Jackson. That is one incredible double act martha( another advantage of living in the USA) Good luck on your shopping expedition. I have rediscovered the delights of "Juke in the Box" or secondhand music store. The owner is so informed and kind-hearted, he lets me pay-off 2nd hand CD's( pathetic...but I'd miss out otherwise) He seems to remember what everyone's taste is. he almost closed down and moved to the city earlier in the year, must support his business so we don't lose him....good excuse :yes:

jackson browne has a song for the roadies....
"they pack it up....and do it again..."
they sure do!! Bless the roadies and keep their fingers (and nice toes) safe and their backs in good working order. The men in black who keep the show on the road...unsung heroes imho.

she's still 'ere:eyebrow: :eeklaugh: love from cass:wave:

I saw Tom and JB here in Cincinnati in August, was alot of fun! Petty is one of my favorite artists for quite some time. Glad you enjoyed the show Martha!

:cool:

glad you had fun martha! i'm still pissed i didn't get to go to the Phoenix show..

Awsome Show!

Just got home from seeing Tom Petty at the Xcel in Saint Paul. All I have to say is...
Tom
Petty
Kicked
Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you like his music and you have a chance, go see him! :yes: :combust: :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom