Tom Brady on steroids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The title and the post are misleading. Clearly, the guy is throwing around names to try to keep himself ou tof jail a little bit longer.

what I don't understand is why is 99% of the steroids attention is focused on baseball when its obvious football is a much more likely sport to have steroid abuse.

link

Commentary: Are NFL players really that clean?

By Michael Cunningham - South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Baseball is dirty.

So are track and field and cycling, which are reeling from allegations of doping against world 100-meter record holder Justin Gatlin and Floyd Landis, facing the loss of his Tour de France title.

But the NFL, with more muscled marvels than any other league in the world, is clean.

It makes little sense, but isn’t that the perception? That the players who need size and strength the most, who have even more financial incentive to cheat because of their non-guaranteed contracts, aren’t using performance-enhancing drugs?

The NFL and its players will tell you it’s because the league’s steroid policy is so tough. Dr. Charles Yesalis, a retired Penn State University professor and an expert on performance-enhancing drugs, scoffs at the notion.

Yesalis was there when NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue was all but honored by congressmen supposedly scrutinizing steroids in his sport, while baseball Commissioner Bud Selig was berated and publicly shamed.

Yesalis suspects NFL players are at least as dirty as athletes in baseball, track and cycling, if not more. So why don’t more people believe it?

“You are not going to like the answer,” Yesalis said. “Inept journalists.”

Sounded like fighting words until Yesalis explained he’s not advocating that reporters finger individual cheats (which is much more difficult than most media critics would have you believe). He just wants more skepticism about the NFL’s statements and policies on performance-enhancing drugs.

It’s not like there isn’t a basis for questioning the NFL’s policies. There are many of the same elements at play as baseball.

You have a prominent former football player, Bill Romanowski, admitting to using performance-enhancing drugs. Four Oakland Raiders (including Romanowski) reportedly tested positive for TGH in the wake of BALCO.

Dr. James Shortt, who was sentenced to prison for illegally providing steroids and human-growth hormone to patients (he’s appealing), said during an HBO interview that he treated as many as 24 NFL players.

Pro Bowl tackle Todd Steussie, a patient of Shortt’s while with Carolina, filled 11 prescriptions for testosterone cream during an eight-month period, according to prosecutors.

“So Dr. Shortt is the only doctor in the U.S. that is helping NFL players?” Yesalis said. “If you believe that, then you have to believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.”

None of the NFL players named as Shortt’s patients tested positive for steroids, and the Raiders players didn’t get busted until after THG came to the forefront.

That suggests the NFL is behind, not at the forefront, on efforts to catch drug cheats.

Yesalis isn’t sure the testers can ever catch up to the cheats, but the NFL could at least help close the gap.

For example, there isn’t a reliable urine test for HGH now, but there would be one soon if the NFL put its financial might behind the efforts.

That, of course, would mean the NFL really wanted to catch and punish its drug cheats. The lack of testing for HGH is a major loophole in the NFL’s policy.
[/quote]

In baseball, if ya saw a guy like this

terrell_owens.jpg

people would automatically say, he's definitely on steroids, and all of his accomplishments would come into question

yet in football? it's all good, nobody cares

Headache in a Suitcase said:
football players use better stuff 'cause they've been doing it longer... so not as many guys get caught. :shrug:

i'm sure there are guys in the nba and nhl, too

yeah, but you never hear a peep about it in the press. yet any baseball player who is "big" automatically gets accusations against him. why the double standard?

Chizip said:

yeah, but you never hear a peep about it in the press. yet any baseball player who is "big" automatically gets accusations against him. why the double standard?

Except for a few guys I don't think baseball players and football players have the same body types.

i think its sad and pathetic that people in sports , generally in America feel the need to take steroids.

Coaches at grass root levels encourage kids to take these drugs too and i think the whole system should be ashamed of themselves.

In Britain we don't have this problem at all , and when it does occur , once in a full moon its the odd sprinter miles past its prime.

You may say in the Uk we dont have as many physical sports which is true apart from rugby where they have no pads and i cant remember a time when a rugby player has been accused of taking steroids.

How much money do professional rugby players make in the UK?

Way to mislead people with this thread Chizip! :up: :tsk:

Did you read this part??? I bolded it for you just in case you didn't.

"I had only one brief conversation with Tom Brady regarding a potential future workout," Anderson reportedly said in the statement to prosecutors that was included in court documents unsealed on Wednesday in San Francisco. "I never had another phone conversation with him and never discussed it with anyone."

I don't believe Tom Brady has used steroids. And no I'm not saying it because I'm a Patriots fan. This Anderson guy is a fucking slimeball. :angry:

ETA: Sorry.:reject: I'm slightly aggravated with this mess.

Last edited:
What TOM BRADY IS ON STEROIDS?

:lol:

U2Girl1978 said:

"I had only one brief conversation with Tom Brady regarding a potential future workout," Anderson reportedly said in the statement to prosecutors that was included in court documents unsealed on Wednesday in San Francisco. "I never had another phone conversation with him and never discussed it with anyone."

I don't believe Tom Brady has used steroids. And no I'm not saying it because I'm a Patriots fan. This Anderson guy is a fucking slimeball. :angry:

U2Girl1978 said:

Exactly what I was saying. :yes: :up:

Screwtape2 said:

I have trouble believing that that's true.

It probably happens, but I doubt it's very widespread. I could be wrong, but I doubt that a pro rugby player's salary is high enough that he's willing to risk ruining his body and central nervous system in order to get an edge with steroids.

Also, I really doubt that Chizip was serious about the original post.

Brady never even met with Anderson...this guy (Anderson) is a slimeball plane and simple trying to take some attention off him. LOSER

Brady says he never worked out with Bonds' trainerAssociated Press

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady was looking for a place to work out when he called Barry Bonds' personal trainer "five or six years ago," but the two never got together, the New England Patriots quarterback said Thursday.

"That was the first of it and the last of it," Brady said after practice. "I never heard from him again."

Government lawyers are investigating whether the San Francisco Giants slugger lied under oath when he told an earlier grand jury he didn't know whether his trainer, Greg Anderson, gave him substances that were steroids.

In a statement to federal prosecutors unsealed Wednesday, Anderson said he had also spoken to Brady on the phone.

"I had only one brief conversation with Tom Brady regarding a potential future workout," Anderson said. "I never had another phone conversation with him and never discussed it with anyone."

Brady confirmed what Anderson said and stressed that he never did work out with Anderson.

"No athlete likes to be brought up in stuff like that," he said.

A two-time Super Bowl MVP, Brady was the guest of first lady Laura Bush at the 2004 State of the Union, where the president singled him out as a role model for drug-free sports.

"Trying to be a role model for children, that's what I'm all about. That's what I stand for," Brady said. "I have a family I represent. I have a team I represent. I try to do that the best I can."

Brady, who attended the same Bay Area high school as Bonds, said he was back home one offseason and got the names of a few trainers who could help him work out. He reached Anderson, who was out of town at the time.

"I think he was at spring training," Brady said after the Patriots' last practice before Saturday night's exhibition game against the Arizona Cardinals. "It was before anyone knew Greg Anderson or who he was."

Brady said he had never been approached about steroids -- either at Michigan or in the NFL.

"I was lucky. I never had to make those tough decisions," he said. "If you wanted to do steroids, I'm sure you could go out and get them. But you have a code of ethics you play by. It's the same thing when you're on the field, the same thing when I play golf.

"I don't cheat at golf. It's just kind of the way you live your life. It's about integrity, you choose to make certain decisions."

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

U2Girl1978 said:

Easy, Jules. This is a Chizip thread, remember... :wink:

vaz02 said:
i think its sad and pathetic that people in sports , generally in America feel the need to take steroids.

Coaches at grass root levels encourage kids to take these drugs too and i think the whole system should be ashamed of themselves.

In Britain we don't have this problem at all , and when it does occur , once in a full moon its the odd sprinter miles past its prime.

You may say in the Uk we dont have as many physical sports which is true apart from rugby where they have no pads and i cant remember a time when a rugby player has been accused of taking steroids.

don't be so naive to believe that there aren't footballers on the highest level who are doing the exact same things.

don't be so naive to believe that there aren't footballers on the highest level who are doing the exact same things.

believe me if they were the media would of been the 1st to know.
In the UK players only need to smoke or cough strange and the media have em on the front cover of every paper in the country.

the steroid age in sports began in eastern europe with the athletes of the soviet bloc, esp. the east germans. it was not barry bonds.

there are football players who are on steroids... all it takes is one big name to be caught and you'll see things just like we're seeing here in america.

athletes are athletes no matter where they are from, no matter what sport they play... they will always look for a way to get a competitive edge over their opponents. steroids is just the next step. it's a problem in america that isn't going away, and it's a problem in europe, just an unknown one... for now.

the steroid age in sports began in eastern europe with the athletes of the soviet bloc, esp. the east germans. it was not barry bonds.

there are football players who are on steroids... all it takes is one big name to be caught and you'll see things just like we're seeing here in america.

athletes are athletes no matter where they are from, no matter what sport they play... they will always look for a way to get a competitive edge over their opponents. steroids is just the next step. it's a problem in america that isn't going away, and it's a problem in europe, just an unknown one... for now.

its been going on in europe for ages now but it seems only in athletics.

p.s if it has been going on with european footballers could someone give me the low down.

Chizip said:
stop pissin off the lions fans
Yes the Lions have to deal with Mike Martz Brain Fartz now, but you still get the history, taking a 14 point favorite to the Superbowl and losing while refusing to adjust your style to the flow of the game.

But now you have Scott Linehan, Super Genius, who on his first play as a head coach was fooled by an onside kick, preparedness at its best.

Plus you still have "Pick" Bulger at the helm.

Be thankful for the 49ers, cause you'll be loking up at the Seabags and the Cardinals, the NFL's perennial doormat this season and likely for decades to come.

vaz02 said:

its been going on in europe for ages now but it seems only in athletics.

p.s if it has been going on with european footballers could someone give me the low down.

lenny dykstra was my favorite baseball player growing up... by far. in the late 80s/early 90s, no one suspected anyone of being on steroids in baseball. that was something only track stars, huge football players and pro wrestlers did... not baseball players.

now, looking back, it's obvious that dykstra, and many other players of the time, were using steroids.

athletes are athletes... you can deny it now, but you will see european football players caught using steroids within the next 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom