to those who grew up in the 80s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randhail

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What are your choices for the greatest inventions of the decade?

1. Nurf Turbo footballs are definitely on the list. I know my little child hands could barely through a regular football 10 yards, but with the Nurf, I was like Dan Marino heaving 50 yard bombs all over the school yard. These little footballs revolutionized playground football. Even at the beach today, you still see the little nurf or hutch footballs - it speaks to their impact on society.

2. Nintendo. Every kid had one. Everyone cheated in Duckhunt by holding the gun right up to the screen and everyone wanted to kill the dog whenever it laughed at us. Tecmo Superbowl may still be the greatest video game ever. Anyone who knows this game knows the legend of Bo Jackson.

3. Jams have to be here too. Simply one of the best and ugliest creations to come out of the 80s. Today, the patterns look like someone decided to throw up on your shorts but back then there was no such thing as ugly jams. The fad may have lasted for about 3 weeks but man was it a good one.

randhail said:

2. Nintendo. Every kid had one. Everyone cheated in Duckhunt by holding the gun right up to the screen and everyone wanted to kill the dog whenever it laughed at us. Tecmo Superbowl may still be the greatest video game ever. Anyone who knows this game knows the legend of Bo Jackson.

i hated that dog, why wouldnt he die??

tecmo superbowl is still the greatest game ever created :drool: those cheerleaders were damn hot too

how about slap bracelets and those yo yo balls that automatically came back no matter what so you could do lots of tricks

Nintendo. Yeah I definitely cheated in Duck Hunt. My favorite Nintendo game is Tetris. I was just playing it last week.

Anyone remember Koosh balls? That may have been the early 90s. I was born in 1982, so I guess I'm more of a 90s kid.

Jams, multi-colored Converse All Stars with leg warmers, side pony-tails, big poofy bangs...:drool:

Which reminds me, I actually saw someone wearing a Poison T-shirt this afternoon.:yikes:

Trapper Keepers and puffy stickers...
and these:
025013000069.jpg

Ah, the memories just keep flooding in...:huh:

Last edited:
slap bracelets were huge at my school. Then get got banned because supposedly some kid some where slit their wrist the metal inside the bracelet. I'm still resentful of that.

Who could forget the Zach Morris style cell phone either. That may have been early 90s but still caused a shift in the cultural fabric.

U2dork said:
Trapper Keepers and puffy stickers...
and these:
025013000069.jpg

Ah, the memories just keep flooding in...:huh:

ahhh jellie shoes - even cooler if worn with lace socks
and damned if I couldn't use a lisa frank trapper keeper now:wink:

randhail said:
What are your choices for the greatest inventions of the decade?
um, not trying to be glib, but how about the cd player?

randhail said:

Tecmo Bowl ruled!! Always take the Raiders!! :laugh: BO was the man! SNK Baseball Stars was another awesome game for the Nintendo. I dont think they have made a better playing computer baseball game to this day!

most great comedy movies were made in the 1980's.

Re: Re: to those who grew up in the 80s

Blue Room said:

Tecmo Bowl ruled!! Always take the Raiders!! :laugh: BO was the man! SNK Baseball Stars was another awesome game for the Nintendo. I dont think they have made a better playing computer baseball game to this day!

My brother and I were hugh Contra fans:drool: remember Contra? and Mike Tysons Punch Out:lmao: and yes I did try shooting that damn Duck Hunt dog everytime:madspit: :wink:

What do I remember about the 80's:hmm:Jams :lmao: omg....no I never had any:shifty: I remember getting a Beta machine......:laugh:

Re: Re: Re: to those who grew up in the 80s

Dismantled said:

My brother and I were hugh Contra fans:drool: remember Contra? and Mike Tysons Punch Out:lmao: and yes I did try shooting that damn Duck Hunt dog everytime:madspit: :wink:

What do I remember about the 80's:hmm:Jams :lmao: omg....no I never had any:shifty: I remember getting a Beta machine......:laugh:

Tyson's punchout was a GREAT game too and who could forget the code to contra...up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start

Goodtimes all around!

i once won a super tecmo bowl game 86-0 without running a single offensive play

though i fell short of my goal of reaching the maximum 99 point mark, that is by far the greatest accomplishment of my life

Re: Re: Re: Re: to those who grew up in the 80s

randhail said:

Tyson's punchout was a GREAT game too and who could forget the code to contra...up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start

Goodtimes all around!

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, start

you should be ashamed.....

i think randhail is right

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start for 2 player mode

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start for single player mode

Chizip said:
i once won a super tecmo bowl game 86-0 without running a single offensive play

though i fell short of my goal of reaching the maximum 99 point mark, that is by far the greatest accomplishment of my life

That is one impressive feat. How did you not run a single offensive play? :ohmy:

I think my highlight was have both Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen run for 2000 yard seasons. My favorite part of the game was when an injured player would come back - him leaving the hospital with all the nurses waving to him. :wave:

oh man i forgot about the waving nurses, that was the best, such a happy moment

about that game, if i ever got the ball on offense i would always punt it away on the first play. so the only way i could score would be fumble recovery returned for a TD, interception returned for a TD, safeties, and Punt/Kickoff returns for TDs.

86 points, 0 offensive plays, man what a great day that was

(what helped big time was I picked Arizona as the computer team. They would always try the flee flicker play and I'd tackle the quarterback before they pitched it to him, but they would still pitch it so I could pick it up and run it back for a TD most of the time)

Chizip said:

(what helped big time was I picked Arizona as the computer team. They would always try the flee flicker play and I'd tackle the quarterback before they pitched it to him, but they would still pitch it so I could pick it up and run it back for a TD most of the time)

The flea fleaker was the worst play to run in the game. I smelled blood in the water everytime the computer ran that play. It was probably successful for the offense about 10% of the time. The best was the reverse flea fleaker where the wideout pitched it back to the QB - it probably took about 5 minutes for the play to develop and you could have you d-line guy standing in front of the QB waiting for the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom