Titz, Germany Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is there no food eating tradition associated with Columbus Day given the Columbian Exchange? :ohmy:

My Mind is blown...I think I've cracked this thing wide open. There is no food associated with President's Day either, and I'm pretty sure we don't get that one off anymore.

I don't get how it is that universities can dodge public holidays.

It's not just university, my mom is home from work today because she works from the County, and I was just on the phone with her while she was getting my little brother ready for school :banghead:

It's not just university, my mom is home from work today because she works from the County, and I was just on the phone with her while she was getting my little brother ready for school :banghead:

Huh, lame. Here, it's only the universities that don't seem to observe holidays. All the schools do.

There's another holiday (it might be Presidents Day, thus my confusion above) where I think Uni doesn't follow it, but all other schools do.

Here in the UK the only thing open on a Bank Holiday are retail outlets. All schools/university etc are closed.

How about in Oz Ax??

We don't use the term 'bank holiday' down here, at least not in general conversation (for all I know, it could be a term officially on the books). But yeah, a standard gazetted public holiday, only retail outlets will be open. Schools will close on things like Queen's Birthday and Melbourne Cup Day. But the universities here don't observe Labour Day, for some reason. I don't get it.

Oh yeah, such a tough life, what with my four day weekends ...

Actually, I'd say I do put in serious work on my assignments. Next year is going to be killer. Honours. :crack:

I can dream :lol:

Maybe i should employ someone to sit on here 24/7 :lol:

Although i dare say you'd notice the reduction in smut :wink:

They would have to post under the screen name MildHoney.

... thank you, I'll be here all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom