TIME is adjudged the Best Pink Floyd Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course, what I just wrote would only be a problem if we did an exact carbon-copy of that system. We could do as you said, Axver, and take the top two from a couple of the higher-ranked albums, but it wouldn't be exactly the same.

LM, based on that poll result, why not:

Presence, Out Door, Coda: 1 song
I, II: 2 songs
III, Graffiti: 3 songs
Houses, IV: 4 songs

Hell, you could even just make it:

3 albums: 1 song
I, II, III, Graffiti: 2 songs
Houses, IV: 3 songs

Axver said:
LM, based on that poll result, why not:

Presence, Out Door, Coda: 1 song
I, II: 2 songs
III, Graffiti: 3 songs
Houses, IV: 4 songs

That sounds pretty good to me. As Phanan has been saying, it's not necessary, but it would certainly work.

8 + 6 + 4 + 3 = 21

or, alternatively, based on:

Axver said:

3 albums: 1 song
I, II, III, Graffiti: 2 songs
Houses, IV: 3 songs

6 + 8 + 3 = 17, which doesn't sound so bad to me.

Axver said:

Considering you've only got nine albums and probably a rarities/non-albums category, you really wouldn't be overloading things if you let the top two from each album proceed to the finals and have 18-20 tracks fight it out for the top spot.

I say two tracks each from I through In Through the Out Door and one from Coda (since it's mostly outtakes), plus two non-album tracks.

Do it. :up:

Okay increase it to 3 just cos it's a double album and make it a round 18 song final! Problem solved.

Or even 5 and make it 20. although that would be too many from PG.. imo.

Zootlesque said:
Okay increase it to 3 just cos it's a double album and make it a round 18 song final! Problem solved.

Or even 5 and make it 20. although that would be too many from PG.. imo.

Seems like it should have four if the others around it have 2.

Still a long final, though.

phanan said:

Seems like it should have four if the others around it have 2.

Still a long final, though.

We should have a rarity in there, I think. Make it 4 from PG and we'll have an even 20 song final.

Screwtape2 said:

But if you do matchups you will get a better result. Plus it should be a celebration of the band. If you keep voting off from a list you aren't having fun you are just being critical the whole way through.

I don't think it would change it as much as you'd think. You'd still have the same discussions, arguments, and results.

phanan said:

I don't think it would change it as much as you'd think. You'd still have the same discussions, arguments, and results.

You might be surprised. I don't understand why people want to do the same thing when it isn't fun and isn't going to yield a good result. People shouldn't vote on what they like the least. They should vote on what they like the most. You may hate the Bowie system but it is the best system out there.

Screwtape2 said:

We are definitely doing something different for the next survivor.

So you've made an executive decision completely unilaterally...

It would have been nice to see a little more discussion before starting this.

...and then lament a lack of discussion? See anything wrong with this picture? :huh:

And by the way, this was discussed even before Radiohead started, and it was determined that Led Zeppelin would follow: http://forum.interference.com/t181322.html

Please stop complaining. Don't participate if you don't like it. Simple.

phanan said:
I just went back and looked at the WYWH final, and what a joke of a round that was. Shine On should have won. The amount of votes proves that a lot of casual fans figured into that one. WYWH here excellent, but Shine On is Floyd.

COBL, I see you actually voted off Shine On at that moment.

Others who were brave enough to admit voting it off were LemonMelon, XHendrix24, and SeattleVertigo. And while they didn't specify what they voted for, both LMP and Lazarus made pro-WYWH comments, which lead me to believe they voted for it as well.

Yeah I know, but a few weeks later I was listening to WYWH album and I just adore Shine On I - V. It's freaking amazing, so my opinion changed a bit I guess.

Thanks for the appreciation everyone, and one with Led Zep I guess! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom