Time for the HFStival

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
ok so there is this big concert every May in DC that one of the local radio stations puts on. This has been awesome in the past. Last year (Coldplay, Green Day and Live)

I am not too sure how I feel about this years line up though, I think it is kinda weak. 2 days 2 stages, bands as follows. Just wondering others thoughts on this type of show.

Saturday May 25th
Main Stage:
The Strokes
Eminem
Hoobastank
Our Lady Peace
Paul Oakenfold
Quarashi
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Sum 41
Sev
The Llyod Dobler Effect

Street Stage
Goldfinger
Trik Turner
N.E.R.D.
New Found Glory
Citizen Cope
The Vines

Sunday May 26th
Main Stage
Papa Roach
Alien Ant Farm
Our Lady Peace
X-ecutioners
Good Charlotte
P.O.D.
Hoobastank
Trik Turner
Unwritten Law
Sum 41
Dashboard Confessional

Street Stage
GOB
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Citizen Cope
The Vines
Phantom Planet
Abandoned Pools
Loudermilk
The Lloyd Dobler Effect

Originally posted by DiGi:
ok so there is this big concert every May in DC that one of the local radio stations puts on. This has been awesome in the past. Last year (Coldplay, Green Day and Live)

I am not too sure how I feel about this years line up though, I think it is kinda weak. 2 days 2 stages, bands as follows. Just wondering others thoughts on this type of show.

I saw the lineup yesterday and was pretty disappointed. I like the Vines, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Paul Oakenfold, and the Strokes, but I think $40 is a bit much when I don't like any of the other bands. I'm going to see BRMC with Spiritualized tomorrow night anyway, and the Vines are (I think) coming to DC in May or June on their US tour, so I'll just catch them then for $15 or so.

The UK festivals, on the other hand, sound great this year. I really, really want to go to V2002. Also, Coachella (in CA) sounds fun this year too.

I need to save my money anyway, because I've got Neil Halstead and
two Starsailor shows next week, the Chili Cookoff with Pete Yorn and Remy Zero, maybe the Hives, Doves, Elbow, Idlewild, possibly Stereophonics, the Vines,
Ash, Coldplay, and Muse (and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) this
summer....I'm going to be going a couple of months with no groceries as it is!
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by meegannie:
I saw the lineup yesterday and was pretty disappointed. I like the Vines, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Paul Oakenfold, and the Strokes, but I think $40 is a bit much when I don't like any of the other bands. I'm going to see BRMC with Spiritualized tomorrow night anyway, and the Vines are (I think) coming to DC in May or June on their US tour, so I'll just catch them then for $15 or so.

The UK festivals, on the other hand, sound great this year. I really, really want to go to V2002. Also, Coachella (in CA) sounds fun this year too.

I need to save my money anyway, because I've got Neil Halstead and
two Starsailor shows next week, the Chili Cookoff with Pete Yorn and Remy Zero, maybe the Hives, Doves, Elbow, Idlewild, possibly Stereophonics, the Vines,
Ash, Coldplay, and Muse (and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) this
summer....I'm going to be going a couple of months with no groceries as it is!
smile.gif

I totally agree there are only a few people I would want to see (Oakie, BRMC and The Strokes) and it seems like it has really gone down this year.

Whoa, were is BRMC club tomorrow night? In the DC area?

And Starsailor is that around here or somewhere else?

And tell me Coldplay has not announced dates yet, because if they have I need to pull my head out of my arse and get on that.

BTW - i might have extra PY tics at 9:30 club, I'll let you know in case you change your mind.

Originally posted by DiGi:
I totally agree there are only a few people I would want to see (Oakie, BRMC and The Strokes) and it seems like it has really gone down this year.

Whoa, were is BRMC club tomorrow night? In the DC area?

And Starsailor is that around here or somewhere else?

And tell me Coldplay has not announced dates yet, because if they have I need to pull my head out of my arse and get on that.

BTW - i might have extra PY tics at 9:30 club, I'll let you know in case you change your mind.

BRMC are opening for Spritualized tomorrow night at the 9:30 Club.

Starsailor are performing for FREE on the Campus Invasion tour. Unfortunately, the two stops near hear (DE and Richmond, VA) are on weekdays. My friend and I are trekking up to Binghamton, NY next Saturday to see them, and we're trying to get a half day to see either the VA or DE show. We're a little obsessed....

Coldplay haven't announced dates as far as I know. I haven't even heard anything official on a US tour, just rumors about one with Ash opening.

Thanks for the offer on the Pete Yorn tickets! I guess I'll have to wait and see what's going on with the other bands touring and figure out exactly how much I'm making now (I got a raise, but I never figured out what I'm making, probably not enough to cover my music habit).

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Back
Top Bottom