Tillicum Road, Vancouver Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You capitalistic kids and you're buying things.

(admittedly, I did spend $250 on guitar equipment a week ago.)

I'll soon beat you all. I'm about to lay down roughly $1,500 on a camera. As I keep mentioning, since I'm pretty excited to finally have good photographic gear.

I'll soon beat you all. I'm about to lay down roughly $1,500 on a camera. As I keep mentioning, since I'm pretty excited to finally have good photographic gear.

I would fucking love a $1500 camera. Nice. I didn't even know you ever had money.

Actually, thanks for reminding me - I might be able to get some good shots down in the hills right now. I should go sometime, Summer just puts me off (snakes and fires are an unattractive combination, despite the photo opportunities of gigantic roos, swarms of rainbow parakeets and koalas).

That's an awful lot for a pair of shoes. Clearance or not.
I could never justify spending that much on shoes.

Guess I make a piss poor woman.
i honestly never would have thought i would have, 2 years ago or something, but i have learned something about shoes: the more you pay, the more comfortable they are, the longer they last, and the better they look, so it really is worth it, an investment. i'll have them for years and i have to wear them quite often to work so it is important that they be comfortable.

the other factor is that in the last 2 years or so i've lived in new york and geneva and become much much more style conscious. it's important to me to look good, espeically in a place where epople really do judge brand names, it helps me get guys to buy free drinks (investment, once again), to get respect, etc. sad state of the world. but i also just enjoy looking down at my feet and seeing how pretty they look. again, 2 years ago, i wouldn't have ever dropped that on shoes.

as for a handbag, i'm scanning the same bargain brand name out of season stores to get a new purse, my budget's like 30 but you can find nice leather stuff if you get lucky for that much.

i honestly never would have thought i would have, 2 years ago or something, but i have learned something about shoes: the more you pay, the more comfortable they are, the longer they last, and the better they look, so it really is worth it, an investment. i'll have them for years and i have to wear them quite often to work so it is important that they be comfortable.

the other factor is that in the last 2 years or so i've lived in new york and geneva and become much much more style conscious. it's important to me to look good, espeically in a place where epople really do judge brand names, it helps me get guys to buy free drinks (investment, once again), to get respect, etc. sad state of the world. but i also just enjoy looking down at my feet and seeing how pretty they look. again, 2 years ago, i wouldn't have ever dropped that on shoes.

as for a handbag, i'm scanning the same bargain brand name out of season stores to get a new purse, my budget's like 30 but you can find nice leather stuff if you get lucky for that much.

I hate shoes. Shoes are a fucking waste. I just wear Crocs or NONE.

Ive spent 300 on a dress I wore one night at a high school dance. Well actually my mom did. And 50 on shoes I lost like the next day.
my prom dress was like 60 in a discount store, marked down from about 200. it's still hot, i htink i'm bringing it to dc with me for inauguration just in case i get to go to a ball. though it's heavy to carry, it's fully beaded.

i do like expensive nice brand named stuff but i only buy it on sale. so, that did result in 130 bucks on shoes, but they coulda been 250.

my prom dress was like 60 in a discount store, marked down from about 200. it's still hot, i htink i'm bringing it to dc with me for inauguration just in case i get to go to a ball. though it's heavy to carry, it's fully beaded.

i do like expensive nice brand named stuff but i only buy it on sale. so, that did result in 130 bucks on shoes, but they coulda been 250.

You're going to the Inauguration? I must have missed that, congrats :D

Not not-spending-that-much-on-shoes thing as well as that apparently making me a piss-poor woman.

I don't get the thing women are supposed to have with shoes. :shrug:

I was going to be worried if it was just the part about me being a piss poor woman.

I would fucking love a $1500 camera. Nice. I didn't even know you ever had money.

Actually, thanks for reminding me - I might be able to get some good shots down in the hills right now. I should go sometime, Summer just puts me off (snakes and fires are an unattractive combination, despite the photo opportunities of gigantic roos, swarms of rainbow parakeets and koalas).

I have two bank accounts. One is my everyday bank account and I use that essentially 100% of the time. So I'm pretty short on cash generally. But I also have a savings account that I have never once made a withdrawal from and have been methodically depositing money into every month since I was 16. It's mainly to cover uni fees once my father stops paying them, and maybe for a down payment on a unit or house when I get to that point. It's also emergency money if I need to urgently go to Queensland or New Zealand or whatever. But I can afford to spare a few hundred from it for the camera, and Mum and Dad have both offered to chip in a few hundred each too.

Once I get this camera, I plan to go back and visit the family in Queensland at a not-so-hot time, since there are some awesome locations behind the Gold Coast for photography. And after yesterday's train trip, I'd LOVE to do some stuff along the line around Harden/Cootamundra/Junee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom